Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Race 1, Beulah Park, 2/25/13 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101340)

Sparky13 02-25-2013 02:06 PM

Race 1, Beulah Park, 2/25/13

At Beulah Park in Race 1 (2/25/13) I saw something I have not seen for a long time in tb-racing. Of the $43,834 total bet on this race, win totaled ($9,765), place ($3,684) and show ($30,385), $28,809 was placed on #6-Paige's Prize to Show. This was a $7,500 Maiden Claiming race at 5 1/2 furlongs. Paige's Prize won the race as the 2/5 favorite. However, after a Stewards Review, Paige's Prize was disqualified from first and placed sixth for bumping another horse into another horse. So my $2.00 Show bet on #4-Pete's Blue Diamond came back as a $41.20 winner and just $20.60 for the win. :)

I LOVE THIS GAME 02-25-2013 03:13 PM

The worst call in the history of racing.I will not be playing that crap track again for the rest of my life.I think the fix was in on that race.I watched over and over again and the 6 didn't do anything wrong, he ran out of the screen,they should close that track down.

JustRalph 02-25-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky13
At Beulah Park in Race 1 (2/25/13) I saw something I have not seen for a long time in tb-racing. Of the $43,834 total bet on this race, win totaled ($9,765), place ($3,684) and show ($30,385), $28,809 was placed on #6-Paige's Prize to Show. This was a $7,500 Maiden Claiming race at 5 1/2 furlongs. Paige's Prize won the race as the 2/5 favorite. However, after a Stewards Review, Paige's Prize was disqualified from first and placed sixth for bumping another horse into another horse. So my $2.00 Show bet on #4-Pete's Blue Diamond came back as a $41.20 winner and just $20.60 for the win. :)

Happens from time to time. Look up "bridge jumper" that's the term for the guy who's money you took

I LOVE THIS GAME 02-25-2013 04:13 PM

The person is prob jumping off the bridge now,check the news tonight.Or he is going to put a hit out on the stewards because he should not have got taken down.

ldiatone 02-25-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I LOVE THIS GAME
The worst call in the history of racing.I will not be playing that crap track again for the rest of my life.I think the fix was in on that race.I watched over and over again and the 6 didn't do anything wrong, he ran out of the screen,they should close that track down.

i agree. watched the replay couple of times and did not view what the 6 did to cause the 1 to pull up.

Stillriledup 02-25-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

That was pretty bogus (just watched it). Geez, when you see something like this, you think "bush league track".

I dabble once in a while with a Beulah bet, but no more, no way i'd touch this track with a 10 foot pole anymore.

I can't remember seeing a more bogus DQ than that, brutal beat for those involved.

ldiatone 02-25-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
That was pretty bogus (just watched it). Geez, when you see something like this, you think "bush league track".

I dabble once in a while with a Beulah bet, but no more, no way i'd touch this track with a 10 foot pole anymore.

I can't remember seeing a more bogus DQ than that, brutal beat for those involved.

Still...just viewed a pic of the track and noticed "10ft pole marks" all over the grandstand! :rolleyes:

rrpic6 02-25-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

They will be closing Beulah soon. Penn National will be transferring the license to Hollywood at Mahoning Valley Race Course by the end of the year.

RR

BIG49010 02-25-2013 04:42 PM

Mountaineer did it one time to Nicole's Dream when there was a huge minus pool, these little tracks can't take a huge hit on a minus show pool, there almost in bankruptcy as it is.

I LOVE THIS GAME 02-25-2013 05:00 PM

They are all a bunch of SUCMBAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duncan04 02-25-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup

Looking at the headon the #6 came over on the #5 but it looked like it was after the #1 had trouble. Typical Ohio racing b.s. it looks like. Ohio stewards are bad...

I LOVE THIS GAME 02-25-2013 05:38 PM

I watched the head on a bunch of times he never made contact or crossed his path.He did nothing wrong, the stewards must have had a bet with the 6 off the ticket.It should be investigated.

cj 02-25-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG49010
Mountaineer did it one time to Nicole's Dream when there was a huge minus pool, these little tracks can't take a huge hit on a minus show pool, there almost in bankruptcy as it is.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. A few of those and purses would take a hit!

cj 02-25-2013 05:50 PM

Stillriledup 02-25-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldiatone
Still...just viewed a pic of the track and noticed "10ft pole marks" all over the grandstand! :rolleyes:

You got that right ID! :D