Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Churchill pps not in DRF digital paper edition today (May 13) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170541)

metro 05-13-2022 11:00 AM

Churchill pps not in DRF digital paper edition today (May 13)

Any reason at all for this? Other than wanting to milk the customer out of few more dollars.

Al Gobbi 05-14-2022 07:13 AM

CDI and DRF don't get along

lamboguy 05-14-2022 08:36 AM

you can buy them online for $4.25 for 1 program without having to buy the whole paper.

lamboguy 05-14-2022 08:51 AM

this just brought something to mind. when Nevada used to book their own horses they used to provide every customer with the racing form free of charge.

when you walked into the racebook they had a counter with someone sitting in it, they used to give the programs with the betting numbers on it, like the 7th race at Garden State, the 4 horse might have a number like 4704. that was the number you used to bet with. so when you get done with the programs the lady used to ask do you need a racing form? i never bothered with them. but it makes me think, they weren't to afraid of people using that form to handicap the races. if people could win with the racing form, those hotels would have never given them up for free. maybe its different today!

Tom 05-14-2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Gobbi (Post 2804228)

Two A**** outfits that don't give a crap about their customers.
No excuse for this childish behavior.

wisconsin 05-14-2022 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Gobbi (Post 2804228)

I know for a fact that Arlington and their OTB's refused to carry the Form.

classhandicapper 05-14-2022 11:10 AM

I can understand why CD was annoyed, but this disagreement is bad for the industry. It’s ridiculous that I have to have multiple accounts just to get replays and do all my betting and people have to struggle to get the PPs they want. I may be biased, but imho CD is to blame.

Clocker 05-14-2022 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2804232)
you can buy them online for $4.25 for 1 program without having to buy the whole paper.

You can buy regular PPs online for $1 a card at Brisnet.com. I just checked and they show Churchill PPs for today and tomorrow.

Zman179 05-14-2022 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2804254)
You can buy regular PPs online for $1 a card at Brisnet.com. I just checked and they show Churchill PPs for today and tomorrow.

And who owns Brisnet?

Churchill

BIG RED 05-14-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2804242)
Two A**** outfits that don't give a crap about their customers.
No excuse for this childish behavior.

Correct, don't know the stupidity behind it, but both are still standing strong?

Clocker 05-14-2022 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman179 (Post 2804281)
And who owns Brisnet?

Churchill

So Brisnet is going to give you bad data for Churchill? Or bad data for other tracks?

Brisnet publishes PPs for all tracks. It gets its data from Equibase. Why would they have any motive to do anything other than publish accurate data? DRF is the only one I could see with a motive for messing around, like not publishing Churchill PPs.

classhandicapper 05-14-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG RED (Post 2804285)
Correct, don't know the stupidity behind it, but both are still standing strong?

It’s mostly related to DRF going into the bet taking business years ago with DRF Bets. The sad part is that it seems to be escalating.

BIG RED 05-22-2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper (Post 2804302)
It’s mostly related to DRF going into the bet taking business years ago with DRF Bets. The sad part is that it seems to be escalating.

You are correct. I also have 2 accts, but now that Arlington is gone I only use my other acct for Churchill. So, screw them. I am a DRF Bets guy, I need my DRF ;). Keenland DRF covers, so time to move on.
I couldn't believe when I heard( a while ago) Twin Spires tracks would not sell the DRF at the track??? BS