Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   First futures pool (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173113)

Bennie 10-29-2022 08:20 AM

First futures pool

First futures pool is due out Tuesday. Not only is this 3 day pool being run ahead of the breeders but there may be up to 40 entries including the all others. I know some here have no interest in these pools but of those that do, any thoughts or comments on the expanded field? just curious as to what others think.

Raider 10-30-2022 02:49 AM

Just saw that myself. Not only is if 40, but they are going to run 6 pools. Guess they need more gamblers than horse players. Lets see if they run 40 sires?

Bennie 10-30-2022 10:25 AM

I'm just wondering what the odds will be for the field. Is the 40 entries going to help the "others" odds stay a little higher or is the fact that Baffert horses are going to be field horses and Cave Run, who on paper is supposed to romp in the breeders juvenile, is one of the Baffert horses. I normally just play exactas in the early pools including the field, but with 40 horses I don't know if I will be able to narrow the field enough to keep the cost to a minimum. Although the payouts might be higher with the large field, or people could be turned off by so many entries and not play the futures until the later ones thereby reducing the total pool.

Raider 10-30-2022 10:34 PM

Back when I started and found that only 4 out of 23 horses in pool 1 ended up in the derby, I never made a bet until pool 3 or pool 4. When they started the points system, i bet the ten point races, but that is a waste of time and money as well. Only the 50pt and 100pt races matter now, they are both win and your in. When you look at the changes in trail, esp this year with the 5 new 20 pt races, guess they are trying to raise the low end to get in.

PalaceOfFortLarned 10-31-2022 10:08 AM

Seems pretty crazy to leave Cave Rock off the list. He is the favorite at the Vegas books.

BarchCapper 10-31-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned (Post 2838529)
Seems pretty crazy to leave Cave Rock off the list. He is the favorite at the Vegas books.

Until he's officially non-Baffert, he'll remain off the list. That should come in time.

f2tornado 10-31-2022 05:05 PM

It's nice going into the Derby with most of my exacta wagers already on the books through the future pools and usually with superior probable pays. I also like the future pools because of the ALL OTHERS option, particularly with exacta plays, but not sure what to think of the expanded field. One one hand, one will get better value, on the other hand, the ALL option is a little more diluted (for lack of better word). I'll probably take a couple horses over and under the ALL then take the ALL over a few others. I'm not particularly excited about any specific horse just yet.

Raider 10-31-2022 05:35 PM

The pools are just a gamble, your betting a horse makes it to the derby. bumping it up to 40 per pool, think I will just box the sires, and hope. At least going all in that bet, you know your going to have horses in the race.

Michael 11-01-2022 01:17 PM

Just seems like a terrible week to open the first pool.

You would think... they'd have the pps on the website before opening. Great Job :rolleyes:

rrpic6 11-01-2022 03:00 PM

There's some sort of glitch on Xpressbet. If you try to bet on horses 33 thru 40, the bet automatically doubles in cost?

RR

tholl 11-02-2022 11:01 AM

I saw this available on Twinspires yesterday. But today it does not show up. Wondering what is going on with it?

tholl 11-02-2022 12:01 PM

Never mind. Is available again.

Michael 11-04-2022 06:54 PM

https://www.kentuckyderby.com/upload...dds-Pool-1.pdf

Closing Odds

edit: Future pool #1 is down $173,001. (compared to last year's pool that opened on 11/28/21)

rastajenk 11-05-2022 07:04 AM

Oh, man, I coulda got Cave Rock at 4-5. :mad:

:p

deelo 11-12-2022 10:42 PM

Has anyone here actually made money off Pool 1 or even 2 for that matter?