Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Handicapping Software (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Does anybody have Equisim CD (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161751)

JustRalph 11-23-2020 09:33 PM

Does anybody have Equisim CD

Does anybody have an Equisim CD?

For some reason after 15 yrs my software is asking for a CD. I have one......but it is denied due to a version problem.

If somebody has one.......if your not using it.....I can buy it.....or whatever.

Thanks in advance

Ralph

JimG 11-24-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2677134)

For some reason after 15 yrs my software is asking for a CD. I have one......but it is denied due to a version problem.

If somebody has one.......if your not using it.....I can buy it.....or whatever.

Thanks in advance

Ralph

I could send you mine if I could find it but the version is old. The latest version Nathan handled by email and did not send out a disk. I did check mine after reading your note here and it still loads fine. Weird you are getting that message.

Jim

Mechanic 11-24-2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2677134)

Thanks in advance

Ralph

Are you trying to start from a shortcut? Have you tried starting from the .exe?

JustRalph 11-25-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechanic (Post 2677446)
Are you trying to start from a shortcut? Have you tried starting from the .exe?

Same outcome

JustRalph 11-25-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimG (Post 2677375)
I could send you mine if I could find it but the version is old. The latest version Nathan handled by email and did not send out a disk. I did check mine after reading your note here and it still loads fine. Weird you are getting that message.

Jim

Jim, can you burn me a copy?

I would hate for the only disk you have to get lost.
Since it’s a defunct app I’m sure Nathan wouldn’t care. I really want it for the way it handles Bris pps

acorn54 11-25-2020 11:54 AM

did you try to "run as administrator"? when downloading exe.

NormanTD 11-25-2020 12:45 PM

Ralph, check your PM

JustRalph 11-25-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acorn54 (Post 2677609)
did you try to "run as administrator"? when downloading exe.

Yep. Thx

headhawg 11-25-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2677593)
I really want it for the way it handles Bris pps

Yeah, the way it displayed the PPs was excellent. And it had a built-in highlighter too. That was an idea from some user, but I can't remember his name. :lol:

JustRalph 11-25-2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headhawg (Post 2677769)
Yeah, the way it displayed the PPs was excellent. And it had a built-in highlighter too. That was an idea from some user, but I can't remember his name. :lol:

Brilliant!! :ThmbUp:

porchy44 11-26-2020 06:24 AM

Compatibility Mode

Executable of equisim never launched for me until I right clicked it and

"run the program in compatibility mode" for windows XP (Service Pack 3).

Vinnie 11-26-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headhawg (Post 2677769)

:lol: You guys had a great amount of input in helping Nathan M. develop ES into what it would eventually become and that is one wonderful handicapping tool with a fantastic and easy to use interface. Love ES, and my wife is a superb handicapper with it. She uses the FV algorithms almost exclusively in her capping.

Appy 11-28-2020 10:47 PM

I've wanted to talk to Nathan for quite awhile now but it seems he is entirely engrossed in whatever his new gig is. I'd like to try to make a deal with him. ESROI is just too good to let it wither away as technology leaves it behind on the basis of relatively irrelevant technicalities.

MrHarryNguyen 11-29-2022 07:13 AM

hey guys, I'm new to horse racing and heard so much about equisim! I tried the demo but ran out of days and the site no longer works. I don't know what else to do and I really want the program!

JustRalph 11-29-2022 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHarryNguyen (Post 2844106)
hey guys, I'm new to horse racing and heard so much about equisim! I tried the demo but ran out of days and the site no longer works. I don't know what else to do and I really want the program!

It’s defunct

The creator stopped supporting it 10 yrs ago.

No way to get it anymore