Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Live ODDS (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147084)

mikesal57 08-30-2018 02:25 PM

Live ODDS

Has anyone found a way to incorporate live odds into their handicapping software?

Thxs

Mike

JeremyJet 08-30-2018 03:24 PM

I always wondered how they can do that. The software Dave Schwartz offers has that ability I believe.

Dave Schwartz 08-30-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyJet (Post 2363399)
I always wondered how they can do that. The software Dave Schwartz offers has that ability I believe.

Actually, we've been without for awhile. Just last week got it working with At The Races.

I highly recommend this product.

Ted Craven 08-30-2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 2363380)
Has anyone found a way to incorporate live odds into their handicapping software?

Thxs

Mike

Mike, from last week at Saratoga, you know RDSS does that ;) (and since about a decade now).

Ted

mikesal57 08-30-2018 06:51 PM

Thx Dave & Ted......I did know that
I made a mistake... Should have said Excel sheets

:rolleyes:

JerryBoyle 09-02-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 2363380)

Thxs

Mike

What is it you're after? You want to pull in the live odds to Excel?

mikesal57 09-02-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryBoyle (Post 2364763)
What is it you're after? You want to pull in the live odds to Excel?

yes sir

Pensacola Pete 09-02-2018 12:51 PM

With a subscription to At The Races tote software ($99 per year), HTR has live odds.

BETA 09-03-2018 09:25 AM

ATRpro

I use ATRpro to import real time tote odds into my custom PP's (excel spreadsheet).... Works great! (FYI: In addition, I am not a HTR subscriber.)

Gary Pizzigati (the owner) is an expert in VBA code and if help is needed, he will most likely work with you setting up a customized process to import odds into your spreadsheet.... ATRpro is a great value for the modest annual fee!

mikesal57 09-03-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BETA (Post 2365253)
I use ATRpro to import real time tote odds into my custom PP's (excel spreadsheet).... Works great! (FYI: In addition, I am not a HTR subscriber.)

Gary Pizzigati (the owner) is an expert in VBA code and if help is needed, he will most likely work with you setting up a customized process to import odds into your spreadsheet.... ATRpro is a great value for the modest annual fee!

Thxs Guys...

Looks like ATR is the way to go ......outside commercial software

a friend is working on a PYTHON Script that can scrape odds off one of the betting sites .....

I'm not gonna mention which because they might get upset and cause a problem...:rolleyes:

Mike

AltonKelsey 09-04-2018 07:26 PM

The betting sites should be making it easy to get tote data into a spreadsheet or custom program , not hard.

mikesal57 09-04-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltonKelsey (Post 2366045)
The betting sites should be making it easy to get tote data into a spreadsheet or custom program , not hard.

Its good to hear that they are "WILLING" and helpful to get what you need...:)

Mike

Gorrex 09-06-2018 07:35 AM

At some point we'll build libraries for doing this type of stuff. I can (and do) walk people through it now, but having a library to handle the callbacks properly would help simplify it a lot.

It will probably be next year before we can get to that given current resources and work loads.

All in all we know this is an area the industry can improve and we are working on it. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Dave Schwartz 09-06-2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorrex (Post 2366641)
At some point we'll build libraries for doing this type of stuff. I can (and do) walk people through it now, but having a library to handle the callbacks properly would help simplify it a lot.

It will probably be next year before we can get to that given current resources and work loads.

All in all we know this is an area the industry can improve and we are working on it. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Who is "we?"

mikesal57 09-06-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2366647)
Who is "we?"

Looks like Gorrex is associated with AM Wager.....