Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   PaceAdvantage.com turns 18-years-old this month! (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139441)

PaceAdvantage 07-14-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot6977 (Post 2194547)
I miss CompuServe BBS

Congrats Mike, Happy Birthday PA

I was on all those early horse forums...CompuServe...Prodigy....GEnie (remember that one? Had some spirited Holy Bull arguments on GEnie...LMAO).

And to think, on Prodigy, you had to use your REAL NAME as your display name...:lol:

ALL CIRCUITS GO 07-14-2017 09:58 AM

18 years... thats awesome!

I admit that I visit often, don't post much. I also admit that this site has been an invaluable fountain of information and ideas for me. In addition, it has provided some great moments of levity. THANK YOU Mike for keeping this great site going!

:cool:

cj 07-15-2017 12:37 AM

I've joked around in this thread, but in all seriousness, I can never pay back what this site has given to me. I went from a complete unknown to somebody that actually works for the Daily Racing Form and even had articles and selections published in print for the Kentucky Derby edition nationwide. I've been on TVG many times, do weekly webcasts for DRF, have done radio interviews with Steve Byk, had articles published on various sites, etc, etc, etc. None of this happens without Pace Advantage and its owner.

It is pretty crazy really. My first post ever here was about a horse named Inaugural Address that went on to win that day and pay $20 or something like that. Things really took off with War Emblem winning the Derby as a horse I was really high on, both in the Illinois Derby and the Kentucky Derby. But I know as well as anyone there was luck involved. I could have just as easily posted a loser first out and then latched on to some horse that ran 18th in the Derby. I'm a much better player now than I was 15 years ago when I joined, and I pick plenty of losers, way more than winners.

But that luck paid off and people showed some interest in the figures I was posting and things just took off. A poster that no longer is here but I'm still friends with (keilan) helped a lot, as did my brother Justin. But again, none of it happens without this site and Mike putting up with my crap.

I've made so many friends here it is crazy, both online and in person. I could never name them all without slighting somebody and I never want to do that. From the Saratoga get togethers to just meeting up with guys and ladies all over the country, it has been great.

This place literally changed my life, and for the better. Who knows what I would have done after retiring from the Air Force if I hadn't stumbled upon this site during lunch at work one day. Whatever it would have been, it wouldn't hold a candle to what I have now and I'll be forever grateful.

PaceAdvantage 07-20-2017 12:17 PM

Wow man...that was pretty awesome of you to write that. I will counter that you've done as much for me and this site as I and this site have done for you...you've added tons of valuable content and contributions through the years, and that's kept people coming back, so I THANK YOU as well...

Not to mention your impeccable moderation skills.... :ThmbUp:

outofthebox 07-20-2017 04:12 PM

This is an awesome site. Congratulations for keeping it rolling all these years.