Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Chat Room was causing a lot of problems...my apologies (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143213)

PaceAdvantage 02-07-2018 10:46 PM

Chat Room was causing a lot of problems...my apologies

So, for quite a while now, I've been trying to figure out why PaceAdvantage was killing my Chrome browser...it was just EATING MEMORY if left open for a while, forcing me to close and reopen the tab, or try another browser.

Turns out, it was the chat room we use on here (that strip along the bottom of the page)....from a company named ArrowChat.

So, I'm curious...are people using the chat room much? Because if some of you are, I will fix the problem...but until it's fixed, the chat room has been turned off.

If anyone else out there has been experiencing some pretty poor performance with PaceAdvantage lately, my sincere apologies for not figuring out the problem sooner. The problem should be resolved now. Some browsers seem to have handled the problem better than others (Chrome was terrible).

But reply here and let me know if you value the chat room feature.

Thanks!

PaceAdvantage 02-07-2018 10:57 PM

I just have to say, it is SO NICE to have my BLAZING FAST WEBSITE back working in CHROME, my favorite browser...I was seriously getting depressed as it has taken me days to isolate the problem...

Just had to get that off my chest...:headbanger:

Red Knave 02-08-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2273521)
Just had to get that off my chest

As one old developer to another (much younger) developer, I get it.

And I'm glad you figured it out. I actually changed browsers myself (to Opera, I sort of like it) because Firefox seemed to be causing a bunch of problems and getting very slow. I may not go back but thanks for digging into that issue. I won't miss the chat room but possibly others will.

chiguy 02-08-2018 10:30 AM

I use Firefox and have been getting a ton of tab crashes on the site. Only site to do that and was glad to see your message this morning.

PaceAdvantage 02-08-2018 10:49 AM

It's definitely working as it should now. Sorry for that.

Tom 02-09-2018 10:36 AM

It was fun to use for special events, like Derby, BC, etc, night before and during the races, but other than that, I never found anyone there. Better to have your speed.

We seem to have adapted by turning some threads into chat rooms
on the spur of the moment.

TheGarMan 02-09-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2274026)
It was fun to use for special events, like Derby, BC, etc, night before and during the races, but other than that, I never found anyone there. Better to have your speed.

We seem to have adapted by turning some threads into chat rooms
on the spur of the moment.

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp: No joke, that Breeders Cup "live picks" thread we did was a ton of fun. It actually made Saturday afternoon a GREAT time. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp: