Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Full Card Reports Membership issues (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142387)

plainolebill 02-10-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyW (Post 2273668)
Contenderswins.com reports are similar to FCR and they are still in business and accepting new business. I never had any problems with them. They always answer emails if you have any questions.
Check out the sample reports on their website.

Interesting website, will probably take me quite a while to work my way through the different reports, etc. Thanks for posting.

Tigergolf5 02-10-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilesm (Post 2274662)
I tried every function on this site to no avail. but when I went to the subscription page, I discovered that was working and they added something new.. you don't only have to use Paypal anymore.. you can subscribe with a credit or debit card..of course, I didn't go all they way through since I am already subscribed... I am wondering if you have to re-subscribe to get to their reports page.. and if the price has changed..someone else check this out..

The price is still the same that is has been and it also still takes you to paypal. Not sure what you are seeing? I am not about to re-subscribe though and have to submit another paypal complaint. I hope the fact that the site is back up is a good sign that they are at least working on it.

gilesm 02-11-2018 12:54 AM

credit card

I clicked on pay by credit card and it took me to Paypal site. then underneath the paypal logo it says..don't have a paypal account? then pay by credit card. Still can't log in....get same error message as everyone else.

drhet58 02-11-2018 02:21 AM

FullCardReports is starting to re-direct to racingpicks.com
Finally got to that point an hour ago. Still can't login though.
They may be working to switch fullcard to that site. I just subscribed yesterday and filed complaint with PayPal.
It may all work out. Will send an email to racingpicks to see if I get a reply. If issue can be resolved, I'll cancel complaint.

Don

Fred 02-11-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plainolebill (Post 2274679)
Interesting website, will probably take me quite a while to work my way through the different reports, etc. Thanks for posting.

The only issue I have with contenders is the automatic renewal every month unless you cancel but unable to find how one would cancel.

Deepcloser1 02-11-2018 11:13 AM

Fullcard Web Site

Maybe Site trying to get up and running.You can get to the reports page but none available.Last dated 01-29.Have no idea what goin on.This is my first post.I am/was whatever member since like 02.Way back in the aka Moore days.Hope it works out.

Deepcloser1 02-11-2018 11:34 AM

Fullcard Headache

Sorry guys just trying help with info.Darn it.like 15 minutes ago the site was up with the reports page.It had reports just till 01-29 but none of the links worked.Now the site gone again

hsmafia 02-11-2018 12:11 PM

FCR

Still not able to log in, but I believe it’s a different error code than before....
Saw a post that they are moving to sister site.... any confirmation on that ?

Dave Schwartz 02-11-2018 01:22 PM

I've been following this thread because I used to scope out FCP just for their marketing methods. (A little over-the-top for me, but they did have an amazing quantity of information.)

Understand at the outset that I have no relationship with the people on that site. Not even sure who they are.

It would appear that they've had some kind of major website calamity but are trying to come back from it.

Of course, the greatest calamity was that they had no alternative way to contact their users - a glaring mistake.

The site is coming up and down - and still throwing 404 errors - which is far better than what was coming up before.

BTW, the site allowed me to sign up on Feb. 9, but I could not get to the confirmation link.

All this indicates to me that they're working to fix the problems. Who knows how much they have lost, but they will probably be back and do everything they can to make it right by their customers.

FWIW, maybe hold a good thought and recognize that this is not how these guys do business.

Best Regards,
Dave Schwartz

hsmafia 02-11-2018 05:44 PM

FCR

So, the log in page now comes up....but my user name and password doesn’t work...seems they are progressing. I Hope !!

NWCTBob 02-11-2018 07:00 PM

yes, same thing on my end. Password screen comes up but it's not connecting. It's hopefull.

Tigergolf5 02-11-2018 07:44 PM

IT'S BACK UP!!! (I HOPE)

Looks like the login page is back up and working. Please note the message they have on there now...

"PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LOG IN USER ID AND PASSWORD TO ENTER MEMBERS PAGE INSTEAD OF YOUR PERMANENT ONE.
USER ID = 666777
PASSWORD = 888999"

Last races were posted on 1/29 when it went down. Tomorrows cards are now available for 2/12. All of this I take as a good sign that it is coming back. Everyone keep their fingers crossed!

turfnsport 02-11-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2275252)
I've been following this thread because I used to scope out FCP just for their marketing methods. (A little over-the-top for me, but they did have an amazing quantity of information.)

Understand at the outset that I have no relationship with the people on that site. Not even sure who they are.

It would appear that they've had some kind of major website calamity but are trying to come back from it.

Of course, the greatest calamity was that they had no alternative way to contact their users - a glaring mistake.

The site is coming up and down - and still throwing 404 errors - which is far better than what was coming up before.

BTW, the site allowed me to sign up on Feb. 9, but I could not get to the confirmation link.

All this indicates to me that they're working to fix the problems. Who knows how much they have lost, but they will probably be back and do everything they can to make it right by their customers.

FWIW, maybe hold a good thought and recognize that this is not how these guys do business.

Best Regards,
Dave Schwartz

I find it hard to believe they can't edit the front page of the website to indicate to their customers what is going on. C'mon it's easy.

If it was me that would be the second thing I would do. The FIRST would be to remove the purchase option so customers stopped sending in money. That page seems to be working fine.

Then maybe a simple Google search and perhaps they would come across this thread.

They either don't care or are really stupid.

gilesm 02-11-2018 08:26 PM

paypal

when it is up and around for a few days, I will withdraw my complaint on paypal.

hsmafia 02-11-2018 08:58 PM

FCR

It’s up and running!
Enter code on sign in instead of your normal user/password......
Glad it’s back,

Dave Schwartz 02-11-2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turfnsport (Post 2275473)
I find it hard to believe they can't edit the front page of the website to indicate to their customers what is going on. C'mon it's easy.

If it was me that would be the second thing I would do. The FIRST would be to remove the purchase option so customers stopped sending in money. That page seems to be working fine.

Then maybe a simple Google search and perhaps they would come across this thread.

They either don't care or are really stupid.

I can't argue with any of that.

I'd cast my ballot for "stupid," simply because they've been building their site for a long time. Can't imagine that they don't care.

turfnsport 02-11-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2275532)
I can't argue with any of that.

I'd cast my ballot for "stupid," simply because they've been building their site for a long time. Can't imagine that they don't care.

I guess the other explanation is if it is a one man operation. Come to think of it, I better give my girlfriend a few passwords.

NWCTBob 02-12-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsmafia (Post 2275502)
It’s up and running!
Enter code on sign in instead of your normal user/password......
Glad it’s back,

Hey, with the interest here with FCR, maybe we can compare notes from members and in the future and come up with some good picks.

PaceAdvantage 02-12-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWCTBob (Post 2275612)
Hey, with the interest here with FCR, maybe we can compare notes from members and in the future and come up with some good picks.

Plenty of room on this site for that...welcome!

I would ask that you start the thread in the General Handicapping forum:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Or if it's more selections oriented, the selections forum:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Dave Schwartz 02-13-2018 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turfnsport (Post 2275535)
I guess the other explanation is if it is a one man operation. Come to think of it, I better give my girlfriend a few passwords.

LOL - My dog is an administrator in my Facebook group.

Seriously.

turfnsport 02-13-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2275949)
LOL - My dog is an administrator in my Facebook group.

Seriously.

I am very confident your dog has a better understanding of horse racing than my girlfriend.

arnopol50 02-14-2018 07:11 AM

I received e-mail reply from Full Card Reports

Finally had a reply e-mail from Full Card Reports (FCR). They were the object of a ransomware virus attack that caused the suspension of web site operations. As noted in a previous post, you can use a temporary username and password to access their services. This method of access will continue until the issues afflicting the web site are resolved. For my part, until ALL of the issues are resolved, I will not provide FCR with any credit/debit card information. Good luck to Full Card Reports in their effort to address all security issues affecting their web sit.

Tigergolf5 03-02-2018 02:07 PM

Full Card Reports Facebook Group

Hi All- I have created a private group called "FCR Horse Racing Handicappers" on Facebook. All users of Full Card Reports are welcome to join. I am not affiliated with FCR just a horse handicapper who enjoys their product. The group was created for FCR Horse Racing Handicappers. We can post about anything horse racing. Also, talk about the recent site being down, compare handicapping notes, share our winners! Hope to see some of you all over there. Also, thanks to PaceAdvantage for every thing you do on this site and for the horse racing industry.

Thanks!

Fred 05-22-2018 11:28 AM

Does anyone know why keypony has ceased publishing racing reports?

Packerhead 03-13-2019 02:19 PM

Fullcardreports

Site is down again

atlasaxis 03-13-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packerhead (Post 2440541)
Site is down again

And no reply to emails sent.

bugboy 03-13-2019 07:37 PM

FCR

HAVEN'T
BEEN ABLE TO GET ON SINCE 3-9-18
THIS REALLY SUCKS

1GCFAN 03-13-2019 10:06 PM

I was a member a few years ago but quit after John Moore (who did the videos) was hurt in an automobile accident. When he was there it had fresh posts about hits at the various tracks. I think whoever took over did nothing but run the data and post. Since it has been a few years I am not sure they factor in any change to tracks. SCAL poly to dirt and ADQ winter track.

I use gapfire.com and they will answer emails.

NWCTBob 03-16-2019 01:06 PM

yes, FCR still down since 3/09, no info as to why again yet.

kingfin66 03-16-2019 01:24 PM

I am amazed that they still have customers.

NWCTBob 03-16-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1GCFAN (Post 2440690)
I was a member a few years ago but quit after John Moore (who did the videos) was hurt in an automobile accident. When he was there it had fresh posts about hits at the various tracks. I think whoever took over did nothing but run the data and post. Since it has been a few years I am not sure they factor in any change to tracks. SCAL poly to dirt and ADQ winter track.

I use gapfire.com and they will answer emails.

How do you like "gapfire"? I did check it out somewhat. Reasonable pricing, Is there useful info?

1GCFAN 03-16-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWCTBob (Post 2441887)
How do you like "gapfire"? I did check it out somewhat. Reasonable pricing, Is there useful info?

I use it to narrow down the contenders. If there is a horse I like or a horse I hear about, I make sure it is in their top four before I bet. Now if there are first time starters or foreign horses with no US starts you have to ignore the ratings due to no data to crunch. They have some a nice advanced features that I am just starting to use.

I evaluated them with Full Card for over a year and to be honest liked Full Card the best until I caught on about the non starter or limited starters. If Full Card and Gaps liked the same long shot the results were pretty good. In the end I chose Gaps over Full Card and have been with them about five years.

Gaps had a very big Breeders Cup in 2017 with several long shots including the NY filly, Bar of Gold a 60-1 winner on top. As I recall, they had a good result on 2017 Derby Day as well. In 2018 they had moderate success with the Derby Day and BC cards.

NWCTBob 03-18-2019 02:51 PM

thanks for the info. Will check it out more and maybe try for a month.

NWCTBob 03-18-2019 02:52 PM

Still nothing from FCR as of this afternoon.

jmilesmba 03-19-2019 07:24 PM

Full Card Reports status March 19, 2019

I've used Full Card Reports since 1999 and once learning how to handicap with the data they provide I've enjoyed some outstanding results. Most significantly within the long shot category where a potential long-odds "key" horse is often clearly identified and results in some terrific payoffs in the exotic wagers. One year alone I cashed $319,000 in "signer" tax tickets!

Unfortunately though, as of March 10, 2019 they have stopped posting their daily race cards to the site. This has happened at least once a year for the past 4-5 years since the former manager, John Moore, left for unknown reasons - but eventually they came back online after a few weeks.

My best guess is that the original owner must have passed away and left the business in the hands of his elderly wife who has no clue what she's doing and probably didn't bother or was unable to pay the bills to keep it operating. Maybe she croaked too - who knows because their phone and even their email has been disconnected since March 9, 2019.

It is important to note that if you are a current subscriber you better go to your PayPal account and CANCEL your subscription. Otherwise PayPal will continue to snatch the $69 quarterly subscription right out of your bank account until the cows come home; ie; ad in infinitum!

Feel free to message me on this forum as I will continue to monitor the situation in hopes they do come back online, but I wouldn't send them any money right now because this time it really doesn't look too likely they will be in business.

Actually, I might be interested in buying the business so if anybody knows how to reach them please let me know.

John Miles
jmilesmba@sbcglobal.net

arnopol50 03-21-2019 07:59 AM

Programmer for Full Card Reports

John, thanks for your post. If you are interested in purchasing the business, you may wish to contact the programmer who wrote the code for FCR. His name is Keith Bruno, and he can be reached at the link below:

http://www.keithbruno.com/projects.aspx

Scott

ubercapper 03-22-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnopol50 (Post 2443431)
John, thanks for your post. If you are interested in purchasing the business, you may wish to contact the programmer who wrote the code for FCR. His name is Keith Bruno, and he can be reached at the link below:

http://www.keithbruno.com/projects.aspx
Scott

FCR is likely not licensed to use data commercially. Otherwise, they would have a logo on their site with the name of their source as licensed sites do.

It is likely they are using an electronic data file purchased under a consumer contract. Using that data to create a commercial product is prohibited by the Terms of Use for all the resellers of the data (BRIS, DRF, EQUIBASE, HDW, TrackMaster, etc...).

If anyone buys or takes over this business, I would advise them to contact the source of their data and arrange for a proper license. Otherwise, at some point their data source may be cut off.

Pankaj08 04-22-2019 11:17 AM

Still no update so seems they are completely out of business ? These were such good reports for handicapping.

John - any luck with you trying to get hold of this business ?

PaceAdvantage 04-22-2019 03:05 PM

Were they an authorized reseller of Equibase data? If not, there's your possible answer...

JimG 04-22-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2455527)
Were they an authorized reseller of Equibase data? If not, there's your possible answer...

I doubt if they were authorized. I also doubt they had John Beaver's permission to take his program and create a business around it after he died.

Jim