Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So you want to use raw times in handicapping (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144536)

Jeff P 04-28-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2308681)
When you back up from the finish line by the posted final time, the horses are still inside the closed gate.

Imo, that's just embarrassing.

Some small part of me wants to believe somebody in the industry --

Track management at NYRA, The Stronach Group, CDI, Keeneland, or Woodbine...

Leadership at one of the many horsemen's alphabet groups...

Racing commissioners...

Stewards, etc...

The Jockey Club/Equibase...

Some small part of me wants to believe somebody in the industry CARES ENOUGH ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF TIMING THE RACES to take corrective action.

What the hell is wrong with me?

-jp

jay68802 04-28-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff P (Post 2308747)
Imo, that's just embarrassing.

Some small part of me wants to believe somebody in the industry --

Track management at NYRA, The Stronach Group, CDI, Keeneland, or Woodbine...

Leadership at one of the many horsemen's alphabet groups...

Racing commissioners...

Stewards, etc...

The Jockey Club/Equibase...

Some small part of me wants to believe somebody in the industry CARES ENOUGH ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF TIMING THE RACES to take corrective action.

What the hell is wrong with me?

-jp

Nothing.

Tom 04-28-2018 03:48 PM

Jeff, NO NOE in racings gives a rat's ass about the customers.
I bet you could not ind three people who even know who the customers are.That is three people from ALL the tracks out there.

AltonKelsey 04-28-2018 04:32 PM

It should be against FEDERAL law to supply information to the betting public that is inaccurate and misleading.

If a company reports fake earnings, people go to jail .

lamboguy 04-28-2018 04:35 PM

this thread boils down to simplicity: IF YOU CAN'T TRUST THE TIMER, HOW CAN YOU TRUST THE TIME?

this is nothing new either, i remember years ago people going to dog tracks timing their own schooling races and live ones as well with stop watches.

Denny 04-28-2018 05:38 PM

I do like the chiclets. Wish everyone had it, just for that.

cj 04-28-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denny (Post 2308812)
I do like the chiclets. Wish everyone had it, just for that.

They charge a pretty steep price for that. There are better alternatives out there. Believe GG is using a newer one now.

jk3521 04-28-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2308769)
Jeff, NO NOE in racings gives a rat's ass about the customers.
I bet you could not ind three people who even know who the customers are.That is three people from ALL the tracks out there.

I believe that nobody in racing is trying do anything to save the industry. They don't care that it is dying. They are just going to continue to milk it until it just withers away. You know, right now I don't give a crap either ! :rant:

dlivery 04-28-2018 05:54 PM

Carrot Rewards

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay68802 (Post 2308712)
I recently went to the U of Nebraska for a tour with my son. They had a segment where the seniors were showing their projects to every one. The most interesting one that I saw was a little 1x1 inch square box. You could carry this around any where with you, and at the end of the day you could plug it in to a computer and it would tell you your average walking speed, or how many steps you took. Whatever you programmed this box to record, it would. I thought this is what they should use. Sync it with the starting gate, and the beams they use for fractions. You would not be able to use it for on screen times, but the times would be recorded and at the end of the day or race you could download the info for each horse. The technology is there for horse racing to use, they just refuse to do it.

I did 13 steps from the chair.
The only time I stepped was for a beverage:lol:

Tom 04-28-2018 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jk3521 (Post 2308817)
I believe that nobody in racing is trying do anything to save the industry. They don't care that it is dying. They are just going to continue to milk it until it just withers away. You know, right now I don't give a crap either ! :rant:

Today was my best day in a long time - hit the 6~!
That and a Gunsmoke marathon.....didn't miss the races a bit.

dansan 04-29-2018 01:28 AM

races

You didnt much to many favorites today

FakeNameChanged 04-29-2018 05:03 PM

Chile & Brazil

This week I watched a couple of races from Chile & Brazil, via Laurel's feed. It appears that they time digitally in hundredths from the gate? It just made a lot of sense. Not that I can pick any more winners south of the Border.

cj 04-29-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whosonfirst (Post 2309249)
This week I watched a couple of races from Chile & Brazil, via Laurel's feed. It appears that they time digitally in hundredths from the gate? It just made a lot of sense. Not that I can pick any more winners south of the Border.

Those countries are a lot more technically advanced than we are, obviously.

Tom 04-29-2018 05:35 PM

Sadly, we have the technology but not the desire to obtain it.
So next time ANY track tells you there are Major League or the "best racing" out there, laugh in their faces. NO USA track is major league.

Except maybe in the minor league minds of their management.