Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   WHo will be the democrat nominee for president 2020? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142381)

Tom 04-20-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2454853)
It's always better when one party has the Senate and the other has the House. It makes it so much harder to get anything done.

"That government is best which governs least."
-- Henry David Thoreau

What do we want?

GRIDLOCK!

When do we want it?

NOW!

I think is should be 2/3 majority needed an all votes in both House and Senate.

Ensure nothing gets done unless it is REALLY good for everyone.
ANd a voyr of "present" should cost a $10,000 fine.

Clocker 04-20-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2454854)

The system is there for that now. All it takes is a president with some sense and some spine. :rolleyes:

incoming 04-20-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2454920)
The system is there for that now. All it takes is a president with some sense and some spine. :rolleyes:

Great point Clocker!!! Our 'Founding Fathers' had great insights and a very well thought out Constitution. Now that our court systems have taken a turn for a more literal interpretations, maybe our country can revert back to their visions. Thank you, President Trump!!

Democrats have circumvented our Constitution for decade using our judicial system.

My recommendation for the next Democrat Party presidential hopeful would be Michelle Obama. She is probably the only person that stands a chance of unifying your party.... that lacks a moral compass. She would bring the perfect 'first lady' too help with her task. He is the only person that has a chance to beat President Trump.

fast4522 04-20-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incoming (Post 2454980)
Great point Clocker!!! Our 'Founding Fathers' had great insights and a very well thought out Constitution. Now that our court systems have taken a turn for a more literal interpretations, maybe our country can revert back to their visions. Thank you, President Trump!!

Democrats have circumvented our Constitution for decade using our judicial system.

My recommendation for the next Democrat Party presidential hopeful would be Michelle Obama. She is probably the only person that stands a chance of unifying your party.... that lacks a moral compass. She would bring the perfect 'first lady' too help with her task. He is the only person that has a chance to beat President Trump.

He would rip her to shreds.

Clocker 04-20-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incoming (Post 2454980)

The Founders also envisioned a presidency with much less power than the office has assumed, largely through de facto actions unopposed by a weak Congress. Obama was one of the worst since FDR, and Trump shows no sign of correcting the situation.

incoming 04-22-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2455015)
The Founders also envisioned a presidency with much less power than the office has assumed, largely through de facto actions unopposed by a weak Congress. Obama was one of the worst since FDR, and Trump shows no sign of correcting the situation.

Unfortunately, our Founders didn't anticipate career politicians. Also, for a democracy to function there has to be a moral compass. One side of the isle has been eroding this concept for decades.

1. something for nothing
2. abortion.....mass murder for the most non-protected humans
3. constant assaults on our Constitutions...elections....gun rights..
illegal aliens....relegion.....speech

elysiantraveller 04-22-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incoming (Post 2455521)
Unfortunately, our Founders didn't anticipate career politicians.

Ummm....

Our Founders were career politicians.

Clocker 04-22-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elysiantraveller (Post 2455524)
Ummm....

Our Founders were career politicians.

No, they were farmers and businessmen. That's why Congress met after the harvest season and adjourned in time for spring planting. Such a schedule today could do nothing but improve things.

davew 04-22-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2454854)
What do we want?

GRIDLOCK!

When do we want it?

NOW!

Ensure nothing gets done unless it is REALLY good for everyone.
ANd a voyr of "present" should cost a $10,000 fine.

or 3 or 4 solid parties, so nothing ever gets done without compromise and cooperation. I could see both the D and R split in half easily.

Tom 04-22-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2455571)
No, they were farmers and businessmen. That's why Congress met after the harvest season and adjourned in time for spring planting. Such a schedule today could do nothing but improve things.

And it was their intent that other farmers and shopkeepers
also take their turns sitting in the government and then return to their private lives. That is "of the people, by the people."
Not "in spite of the people as we have today.

That is why I am for single term limits for all offices.

Run, win, serve, go home. Slop your hogs, take your inventory, mind your own business.

No one gets rich, no one gets comfy, no one gets more power than any other member of congress.

Tom 04-22-2019 06:17 PM

*B*R*E*K*I*N*G* -- *N*E*W*S

Little Rocket Man is going to visit RUSSIA and meet with Putin.

Is he planning to run in 2020?

Clocker 04-23-2019 12:38 AM

Harris says that if Congress does not pass gun control legislation within the first 100 days of her administration, she will take executive action.

I think that means she will stomp her feet and pout. :lol:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...irst-100-days/

fast4522 04-23-2019 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2455607)
Little Rocket Man is going to visit RUSSIA and meet with Putin.

Is he planning to run in 2020?

I do not know what Little Rocket Man eats but if Steven Seagal is there he might be fed some nutria, this is going to be interesting.

davew 04-23-2019 12:59 AM

what is Harris' administration?

Joe Biden has been waiting to announce his run because he wants to set the record for most dollars raised in the first 24 hours after announcing :headbanger::coffee:

fast4522 04-23-2019 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2455711)
Harris says that if Congress does not pass gun control legislation within the first 100 days of her administration, she will take executive action.

I think that means she will stomp her feet and pout. :lol:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...irst-100-days/

Presidential reefers for all that visit, like she has any chance to reduce our institutions to puke.