Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142783)

davew 01-14-2018 03:37 PM

Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America?

liberal policies do a good job at making poor people poorer....

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...114-story.html

RunForTheRoses 01-14-2018 03:45 PM

boxcar 01-14-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2261264)
liberal policies do a good job at making poor people poorer....

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...114-story.html

Progressives consider this to be making progress. But I personally think it's er....deplorable. :coffee:

Tom 01-14-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses (Post 2261273)

Wow!
Dare I say it looks like.......a......S-HOLE! :pound::pound::pound:

boxcar 01-14-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2261324)
Wow!
Dare I say it looks like.......a......S-HOLE! :pound::pound::pound:

Dare I say that this is a big part of why Trump wants to Make America Great Again?? As El Rushbo said this past Friday, Trump is on the way to "debuttholing" America. So...if Trump did indeed make this vulgar remark about some third world nations, why are so many people's panties in a wad when you consider places like downtown L.A. -- and Trump's campaign slogan? :coffee:

davew 01-14-2018 06:06 PM

I had no idea Los Angeles was one of the camping capitals of the world.

JustRalph 01-14-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2261353)
I had no idea Los Angeles was one of the camping capitals of the world.

Been that way since I lived there in the early 80’s

Tom 01-14-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar (Post 2261352)
Dare I say that this is a big part of why Trump wants to Make America Great Again?? As El Rushbo said this past Friday, Trump is on the way to "debuttholing" America. So...if Trump did indeed make this vulgar remark about some third world nations, why are so many people's panties in a wad when you consider places like downtown L.A. -- and Trump's campaign slogan? :coffee:

Good point.
Not one on the loser left has expressed any concern that these places ARE acutally S-holes.

boxcar 01-14-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2261376)
Good point.
Not one on the loser left has expressed any concern that these places ARE acutally S-holes.

And ditto for the fawning, adoring lamestream media who is always loathe to portray their beloved leftists in a poor light. Like anything in this life, people or a medium can be a force for good or evil. The media has chosen the latter by hiding or downplaying the plight of the homeless in these liberal-run "meccas", when instead they could be casting a huge spotlight on them and pressuring government to take positive, bi-partisan steps to alleviate the poor's horrendous situation.

Republicans are just as much the blame for not making this a a huge, national issue, and coming up with viable solutions. Further, not only could the Republicans in these blue states reveal to the world the seedy, corrupt underside to Democrat policies but their hypocrisy, as well, since the Dems are always fond of portraying themselves as the one and only champions of the downtrodden and poor. Where is the social justice in perpetuating the horrible plight of millions of homeless? Where are all those liberal social justice warriors? (Funny how it's always the weakest and most defenseless in our society (the unborn and homeless to name two groups) that either get attacked or ignored.)

Both parties are despicable and worthy of only our contempt. I only wish Trump could pull the drain plug on the the entire Beltway Swamp to drain it quickly and entirely.

chadk66 01-14-2018 08:37 PM

another liberal success story :lol:

MargieRose 01-14-2018 10:59 PM

There is no excuse for all of the filth piling up in the gutters, as shown in that video. The least the city elites can do is line the streets with trash pails and hand out some brooms for the "residents" to use (maybe, a requirement for welfare benefits). In addition, they should form an ongoing cleanup committee and personally lead the crew on cleanup duty...weekly, if not more (maybe, a job requirement). Why not?

Inner Dirt 01-15-2018 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2261359)
Been that way since I lived there in the early 80’s

I used to work on 8th Street near Central a block from skid row and a couple blocks from the Union Rescue Mission in the early 80's. Actually a lot of those pictures in the video look better than what I saw. Looks like development gave way to people sleeping in tents, a major upgrade from cardboard boxes and passing out drunk and or high on the bare sidewalk. That whole area stunk to high heaven, kind of like concentrated piss.

JustRalph 01-15-2018 12:11 AM

This guy could take this same drive/video in any large city in America.

Here in Houston they live under the freeway ramps. A Federal Judge ordered the city to leave them alone. He basically gave them squatters rights on city property.

The police assign a police car and two officers to each camp 24 hours a day

porchy44 01-15-2018 12:22 AM

United States Census Bureau

If you can trust the United States Census Bureau.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_poverty_rate

Clocker 01-15-2018 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2261442)

Here in Houston they live under the freeway ramps. A Federal Judge ordered the city to leave them alone. He basically gave them squatters rights on city property.

The police assign a police car and two officers to each camp 24 hours a day

The city should just pack them a lunch and buy them all bus tickets to L.A. :p