Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   More jobs: Repo men needed (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150558)

horses4courses 02-17-2019 09:18 PM

More jobs: Repo men needed

A record 7 million Americans are listed as 90 days
or more behind on their car loan payments.

Not a good sign, and more evidence that trickle down doesn't trickle.
As if we needed evidence :rolleyes:

http://fortune.com/2019/02/12/americ...-car-payments/

Clocker 02-17-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses (Post 2432346)

Not a good sign, and more evidence that trickle down doesn't trickle.

"Trickle down" is nonsense, a straw-man argument invented by those on the left that don't understand economics. The term is usually attributed to Reagan, but he correctly denied using the term or advocating the policy that the left accused him of.

horses4courses 02-17-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2432351)
"Trickle down" is nonsense, a straw-man argument invented by those on the left that don't understand economics. The term is usually attributed to Reagan, but he correctly denied using the term or advocating the policy that the left accused him of.

The bottom line is a philosophy whereby tax breaks for corporations
and the highest tier of individual earners will have a positive effect
on those earning less. Call it what you like - it doesn't work.

ElKabong 02-17-2019 10:07 PM

I have an idea on how to eliminate this problem.

Let's allow uneducated people with limited job skills to flow across the border at will, and employers can exploit these unskilled workers at low wages. Their US co workers, who should be paid more for their efforts, will have to take take pay cuts or see their wages flatten over the course of say, oh,, thirty years or so.

Oh wait, that just makes this problem worse. Not better.

davew 02-17-2019 10:08 PM

OMG dim logic at work again -total numbers of car loans is highest number EVER, so percentagewise not as bad when they were giving away 0bamacar loans...
https://libertystreeteconomics.newyo...high-gear.html

Clocker 02-17-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses (Post 2432356)
The bottom line is a philosophy whereby tax breaks for corporations
and the highest tier of individual earners will have a positive effect on those earning less. Call it what you like - it doesn't work.

That is a description of the straw-man called trickle-down. Who on the right ever said that it would work?

JustRalph 02-17-2019 11:19 PM

I spent an hour in a large Dodge dealer Saturday talking business.

They have moved to 80% sub prime loans. They are the number one dealer in the area now.

18% car loans being written all day long.

I wonder why so many people are behind in their loans?

dartman51 02-18-2019 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2432361)
OMG dim logic at work again -total numbers of car loans is highest number EVER, so percentagewise not as bad when they were giving away 0bamacar loans...
https://libertystreeteconomics.newyo...high-gear.html

Just remember, AOC is the poster child for the Left economics. She said that the reason that the unemployment rate was so low was because so many people had to work 2 jobs. :pound:

Clocker 02-18-2019 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartman51 (Post 2432370)
Just remember, AOC is the poster child for the Left economics. She said that the reason that the unemployment rate was so low was because so many people had to work 2 jobs. :pound:

Part time jobs are not counted as being employed in the government data. If you have two part time jobs, statistically you are unemployed.

TJDave 02-18-2019 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2432366)

They have moved to 80% sub prime loans. They are the number one dealer in the area now.

I’d hope this dealer goes broke.
But I’ll bet he’s not carrying the paper.

MONEY 02-18-2019 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2432366)

Last week I went to a used car dealer in Victoria Tx. with my son.

We found a car that we were interested in, but the only price on the car was $1,000 down.

My son told the salesman that he wanted to pay cash for the car, if the price was right.

The dealer refused to sell the car for cash or give us a price.
He just kept insisting that my son accept one of the great finance deals that the dealership was offering.

Needless to say, we left without making a deal.

delayjf 02-18-2019 04:31 AM

I have been told that dealers are leasing cars without running credit checks or income verification. Could this be the next financial crisis that hits the US.

woodtoo 02-18-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delayjf (Post 2432385)
I have been told that dealers are leasing cars without running credit checks or income verification. Could this be the next financial crisis that hits the US.

What could go wrong with this?sarc:D

davew 02-18-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delayjf (Post 2432385)

A going away present when people head home to stay south of the border? A have worked with some that had a 3-5 year cash grab plan before going home.

JustRalph 02-18-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2432380)
I’d hope this dealer goes broke.
But I’ll bet he’s not carrying the paper.

Chrysler financial Corp.