Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Derby Future Pool 2: Odds and PPs (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150312)

Blenheim 02-06-2019 12:09 PM

Derby Future Pool 2: Odds and PPs

I found the Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool 2 info while searching for the PPs for the Sam F. Davis; nice. Gives the current odds and past performances, including works.

Scroll down to Into Mischief > Maximus Mischief . . .

Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool 2

Musket Man 02-06-2019 06:28 PM

Thanks for the link!

1GCFAN 02-07-2019 06:14 PM

Thanks for the link. Those odds are way off!

letswastemoney 02-09-2019 01:27 AM

Bettors have gone crazy for War of Will. Down from 30-1 to currently 13-1 as I type this.

jay68802 02-09-2019 03:10 AM

jay68802 02-09-2019 03:22 AM

sammy the sage 02-09-2019 07:23 AM

current link to current odds...3,8,9 and field 24 bets getting most of the play...

https://www.kentuckyderby.com/wager/...r/derby-pool-2

side note...Jay...interesting lyrics to what you posted...don't know what it has to do with derby odds....guess I'm dense...:pound:

Afleet 02-10-2019 09:18 PM

Afleet 02-10-2019 09:22 PM

f2tornado 02-11-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afleet (Post 2430088)

I don't recall seeing such paltry probables in a Pool 2 before. A lot of late money went into the combinations as they were about twice the price when I made my plays Saturday afternoon. One could make a fair argument money would be better played in the win pool alone however it is nice going into Denby day having a pile of very viable exacta combinations perhaps allowing more wagering focus into deeper gimmicks.

Pool players obviously see a sharp drop off in perspective talent beyond these three:

Game Winner/All Others ~17-1 (5.7-1 win)
Hidden Scroll/All Others ~25-1 (7.8-1 win)
Improbable/All Others ~20-1 (7.8-1 win)

jay68802 02-11-2019 11:24 AM

Thought is was interesting that Hidden Scroll and Improbable were the same odds.

arw629 02-11-2019 12:18 PM

I wish I had extra cash to get down on the field at 5-2...

horses4courses 02-11-2019 12:28 PM

Perceived Value - The Mirage Factor

Success stories on Derby futures are few and far between.
They do happen, but it really is lightning in a bottle.

The only chance of a score is through finding a horse who
has not shown recent good form, but has the potential to
improve greatly between now and early May.

Those jumping on the current "flavor of the week" are usually
tossing cash away for no real odds value. This is an edge to
those who play against the grain. That being said, it's still
odds against getting your horse in the gate on Derby Day.
Keep your bets small, and your potential returns enormous.

Good luck to those who try it, but it's a tough way to go.

f2tornado 02-11-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses (Post 2430168)
Success stories on Derby futures are few and far between.
They do happen, but it really is lightning in a bottle.

Last year I did well boxing Good Magic with the all others option in the first two pools and was fortunate to capture Justify in it.

The previous year I played Always Dreaming over the all others option in Pool 4 It was a nice feeling seeing him heading to the line with Looking at Lee and Battle of Midway whom I covered separately sitting behind. I would have made a lot more with BOM but a win is a win.

This wager approach failed when Nyquist/Exaggerator filled the exacta as both horses were prominent through all the pools. I believe it also failed every pool in with American Pharoah and Firing Line.

Most of my Derby exacta combos are already played by the closing of Pool 4. I can then focus on the trifecta and horizontal gimmicks on Derby day. I like to use the future pools as a way to cover a pile of Derby day combinations for a fraction of the price courtesy of the all others option. In most cases this is not going to result in huge payoffs since the all others option is heavily used. This is very clear with the paltry sums offered with the favorites in most recent pool. It does give me some comfort come Derby day knowing I have the Dallas Stewart goofball horse covered in my exacta without investing additional bankroll. Further, my selections don't even need to hit the board to collect. It just needs to be the top finisher of those listed. In 2013, the top horse in Pool 1 finished 7th.

I do suspect this year will play out more like 2015-16 versus 2017-18 and I might have to get more specific in the next two pools.

Afleet 02-11-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arw629 (Post 2430164)
I wish I had extra cash to get down on the field at 5-2...

you may get half the KY derby field for 5/2. I would think most people would take that chance