Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   15 days? you be the judge. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146048)

jay68802 07-15-2018 05:39 PM

15 days? you be the judge.

GMB@BP 07-15-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay68802 (Post 2341801)

They wanted to come down on someone for careless riding so they pick the foreign guy. Maybe it was deserved, its just funny that its not even a regular abuser of the rules.

ldiatone 07-16-2018 01:35 PM

what was done? the head on replay on xpressbet cut out down the back stretch? I did not view anything, BUT not stating nothing happened. and just questioning what the heck could happen??? just asking:confused:

SharpCat 07-18-2018 07:10 PM

Looks over at him then drifts over and puts him into the rail. Well worth the 15 days.

HorsemenHeist 07-19-2018 07:51 AM

If it was the other way around and JV put a foreign jockey into the rail, there would be no suspension.

Jockeys don't get 15 days for putting horses into the rail while traveling at racing speed. Absolutely ridiculous.

GMB@BP 07-20-2018 08:09 PM

Lets see if they give Prat 15 days for running into a horse on the backstretch 30 seconds after a race because he was pulling a horse up with his head down.

v j stauffer 07-20-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorsemenHeist (Post 2343535)
If it was the other way around and JV put a foreign jockey into the rail, there would be no suspension.

Jockeys don't get 15 days for putting horses into the rail while traveling at racing speed. Absolutely ridiculous.

He's fortunate he only got fifteen days.

He used a defenseless, tired race horse as a weapon to commit assault on another rider who was galloping out on another defenseless, tired race horse.

It was an egregious lack of professionalism.

What would you say if the other rider or one or both of the horses had been seriously injured?

If I was a NYRA steward I would have to think long and hard before allowing him to ride again at a track under my jurisdiction.

What would I say to the owner of a dead horse or the family of a paralyzed rider?

jay68802 07-21-2018 03:30 AM

I think this is a extension from a incident on the first turn. The jockey is clearly wrong in the way he makes contact.

Elkchester Road 07-22-2018 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2344309)
He's fortunate he only got fifteen days.

He used a defenseless, tired race horse as a weapon to commit assault on another rider who was galloping out on another defenseless, tired race horse.

It was an egregious lack of professionalism.

What would you say if the other rider or one or both of the horses had been seriously injured?

If I was a NYRA steward I would have to think long and hard before allowing him to ride again at a track under my jurisdiction.

What would I say to the owner of a dead horse or the family of a paralyzed rider?

Totally agree. What ever happened to dealing with people PERSONALLY??? If JV bothered him that much...he should have pushed his nose in. Jockey's Quarters have many uses.