Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MD Anderson Cancer Center (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174359)

PhantomOnTour 01-22-2023 10:08 AM

MD Anderson Cancer Center

This is one of the most amazing places I've ever been.

There is a common positive & courteous mindset among everyone there - from the valets to the shuttle drivers to the nurses to the PAs and to the doctors themselves.
It is all quite reassuring, to say the least.

I know I battle with many folks on this site - this is not a play for sympathy.
It is just a story about a great place.

I came to Houston Jan 2nd to prepare for an 8hr thoracic procedure that took place on Jan 6th involving three different surgeons (bone, soft tissue, plastic) and, as you would imagine, am in the midst of some extensive aftercare.
As you also might imagine, I had a good deal of trepidation before this surgery, but after speaking with my doctors, I felt a confident calm that everything was gonna be alright. All I had to do was surrender myself to their expertise.
I did just that.
So far so good.

I will finally be returning to the New Orleans area this Friday to continue my rehab/aftercare. It will be good to get home.

I want to recognize Dr. Zie Hye Lee, Dr. Merrick Ross, and Dr. Garrett Walsh. I owe them and MD Anderson a debt of gratitude that I'll never be able to repay.
They have given me a new future.
I'm gonna make it - I know it.

Be positive - always

Tom 01-22-2023 11:39 AM

Good luck to you, POT.
i was looking for your posts yesterday, great day of racing at FG.

We're gonna need your thoughts on TC races still ahead there.

xtb 01-22-2023 12:36 PM

I hope you're on the road to recovery.

PaceAdvantage 01-22-2023 12:58 PM

Thanks for sharing that with us POT. I hope with the help of the doctors who took care of you, you're able to fully beat this in record time.

Your advice at the end is definitely something all should aspire to, but alas, as you know full well with me, it's kinda difficult these days...lol

46zilzal 01-22-2023 01:02 PM

One of the best (along with Memorial Sloan Kettering, Mayo, UCLA, and Harvard) places to be seen.

My oncologist did his residency there..You should get "cutting edge" evaluation and treatment.

boxcar 01-22-2023 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour (Post 2854153)
This is one of the most amazing places I've ever been.

There is a common positive & courteous mindset among everyone there - from the valets to the shuttle drivers to the nurses to the PAs and to the doctors themselves.
It is all quite reassuring, to say the least.

I know I battle with many folks on this site - this is not a play for sympathy.
It is just a story about a great place.

I came to Houston Jan 2nd to prepare for an 8hr thoracic procedure that took place on Jan 6th involving three different surgeons (bone, soft tissue, plastic) and, as you would imagine, am in the midst of some extensive aftercare.
As you also might imagine, I had a good deal of trepidation before this surgery, but after speaking with my doctors, I felt a confident calm that everything was gonna be alright. All I had to do was surrender myself to their expertise.
I did just that.
So far so good.

I will finally be returning to the New Orleans area this Friday to continue my rehab/aftercare. It will be good to get home.

I want to recognize Dr. Zie Hye Lee, Dr. Merrick Ross, and Dr. Garrett Walsh. I owe them and MD Anderson a debt of gratitude that I'll never be able to repay.
They have given me a new future.
I'm gonna make it - I know it.

Be positive - always

Wow! An awesome story and a HUGE breath of fresh air coming from the medical "establishment" from which he so often hear negative horror stories, unfortunately. Thanks for sharing. And get well quickly!

Dave Schwartz 01-22-2023 02:07 PM

Get well, Phantom.

You've got lots more to do.

Prayers.

oughtoh 01-22-2023 02:13 PM

Great story. Hope your on the road to recovery.

Inner Dirt 01-22-2023 02:49 PM

Get well soon, recovering from surgery can be rough.

Marshall Bennett 01-22-2023 07:21 PM

Best of luck!! :ThmbUp:

thaskalos 01-22-2023 09:08 PM

My best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Robert Fischer 01-22-2023 09:31 PM

Nice to hear your positivity, POT. Get Well.

proximity 01-23-2023 06:09 AM

get well phantom!

a lot of winners still to be picked!!

classhandicapper 01-23-2023 09:44 AM

Get well!

Boomer 01-23-2023 02:04 PM

That positive frame of mind HAS and will continue to beat this thing!

KEEP IT UP!