Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   When showboating goes very wrong! (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169539)

Andy Asaro 03-07-2022 07:30 AM

When showboating goes very wrong!

PaceAdvantage 03-07-2022 07:52 AM

The NYSGC to @TracksideMikeN after seeing @EMD4ME in his tweet:

the little guy 03-07-2022 11:03 AM

PA, the first guy is actually far worse than the second! I know, it's hard to believe.

Frost king 03-07-2022 11:21 AM

If this was Hong Kong, he would have been suspend for a month. For that ride. Just ask Moriera, the leading rider in Hong Kong.

PaceAdvantage 03-07-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frost king (Post 2791613)
If this was Hong Kong, he would have been suspend for a month.

For what?

It's illegal over there to look around and try and find where your main competition might be after you judge how much horse you think you have left underneath you?

cj 03-07-2022 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2791615)
For what?

It's illegal over there to look around and try and find where your main competition might be after you judge how much horse you think you have left underneath you?

For blowing a placing. They don't play around, ask their leading rider.

Bustin Stones 03-07-2022 11:31 AM

How much more was Jose going to get out of Foxtail? He finished 6 lengths ahead of the rest of the field. (admittedly a biased view of someone who was all over that 5)

Robert Fischer 03-07-2022 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bustin Stones (Post 2791619)
How much more was Jose going to get out of Foxtail? He finished 6 lengths ahead of the rest of the field. (admittedly a biased view of someone who was all over that 5)

I don't know that he would have won, but he clearly cost himself more of an opportunity to win.

Comparing projected figs, or projected placing, or saying "well, he rode the horse really well up to that point" does not fly.

The only valid excuse would have been "something felt off with the horse", but that went out the window with the subsequent hard urging to the finish.

Lezcano made a mistake. I'm not calling for a fine or suspension, but there should be at least a statement regarding the incident.

Also bet the :5::ThmbUp:

Andy Asaro 03-07-2022 12:00 PM

davew 03-07-2022 12:06 PM

The horse was on the wrong lead and did not change for entire race. It is possible Jose was working hard to keep position without blowing turn or cutting others off near the top of the stretch.

PaceAdvantage 03-07-2022 12:11 PM

Remarkably, the exacta paid in-line with expectations.

Tom 03-07-2022 12:17 PM

Where was the showboating, and what went very wrong???
Much ado about nothing thread title.

He was looking to his left longer than at the 5. I thought he was looking to see where it ws clear.

cj 03-07-2022 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2791631)
Remarkably, the exacta paid in-line with expectations.

In no way do I think it was a fixed race. There is no way a jockey would be that stupid, at least outside of Louisiana. But I don't see how the stewards can't discipline him for that ride, even in the lax USA.

classhandicapper 03-07-2022 12:59 PM

IMO, it was a pathetic ride.

He kept looking sideways and then back over his shoulder at the #3 (why I don't know) without asking his horse. That allowed the #5, who was the favorite and probably the horse he should have been concerned about, to make up the length or so he was behind and get a small jump. Then they both finished well, but he couldn't overcome the jump he literally gave away.

If you are going to try to race ride, maybe you might want to know where the major competition is or who's coming with a serious rally and adjust, but at that point he was loaded and they were already in the stretch. Just open up.

If they don't talk to him, his agent should.

Bustin Stones 03-07-2022 01:02 PM

The fav was 2, not 5.