Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Belmont Stakes (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170665)

PalaceOfFortLarned 05-22-2022 01:46 PM

Belmont Stakes

Onward and upward.

Obviously good prices in the first 2 legs of the Triple Crown this year. No standout horse other than Epicenter being the stable and honest colt he is that was maybe stung by bad luck and/or bad trips? Doubt they bring him back in the Belmont and decide to give him some rest for a summer or even fall run.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ra...Belmont_Stakes

Looks to be a lot of potential closers in this field. Liked Creative Minister quite a bit in the Preakness, and tried to match him up in a big EX with Early Voting only to fall short. Solid colt that needed that seasoning.

Can the other filly do the deed in the Belmont? Nest is an interesting probable looking at the field thus far.

BlueChip@DRF 05-22-2022 01:54 PM

Barber Road for me if he goes.

f2tornado 05-22-2022 03:49 PM

The Belmont is typically not a closers race, contrary to to the idea add distance would help them. I’ll look for a horse that’s expected to be in the first flight. There will be less wagering value with no crown on the line but have a hunch the eventual result might still pay well. We shall see. The Peter Pan winner might be worth a look.

dballard125 05-22-2022 06:38 PM

At first glance, the three that intrigue me at Mo Donegal, Nest, and We The People.

Robert Fischer 05-22-2022 10:40 PM

like the horses you've mentioned

as a fan - let me dream,
Smile Happy and Shahama

GMB@BP 05-23-2022 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer (Post 2805896)
like the horses you've mentioned

as a fan - let me dream,
Smile Happy and Shahama

https://twitter.com/jason_kassa/stat...12049876852736

that looks like a great field

Tom 05-23-2022 10:14 AM

I am as excited about the Belmont as I am about getting cold French Fries at McDonalds.

Vinnie 05-23-2022 07:56 PM

If you had a fun meter where would that put you at in terms of your prospective level of excitement in the anticipation of this race Tom? :lol::lol:

classhandicapper 05-24-2022 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2805933)
I am as excited about the Belmont as I am about getting cold French Fries at McDonalds.

The irony is that I've been arguing for years that we should go back to the Met on Memorial Day because it can generate a big handle day on its own if given any support on the undercard. This year I have almost no interest in the going to the Belmont even though I usually do, but the Met may get me out there. Flightline vs. Speaker's Corner (I haven't even seen the rest of the field) might carry the Belmont for some people. ;)

Tom 05-24-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie (Post 2806089)
If you had a fun meter where would that put you at in terms of your prospective level of excitement in the anticipation of this race Tom? :lol::lol:

Well. I'd eat the fries.

letswastemoney 05-24-2022 03:34 PM

I don't know if Shahama is fast enough to win against males. She has a neat pedigree though as a half-sister to Lookin at Lucky, who skipped the Belmont in 2010.

Robert Fischer 05-24-2022 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letswastemoney (Post 2806223)
I don't know if Shahama is fast enough to win against males. She has a neat pedigree though as a half-sister to Lookin at Lucky, who skipped the Belmont in 2010.

Yea. Probably not fast enough. I'd give her another chance or two.
Some visually impressive races in Medan vs. lesser.

~13/1 Oaks, and had a stablemate as the race favorite ( Nest ).
She seemed to need or be instructed to be kept in the clear outside. Pace was relatively fast and favored the mid-pack moves.
Within her own battles; Shahama couldn't run down a solid move from Kathleen O ( who got a more efficient trip ).
Shahama was able to out-move three longer price horses ( Turnerloose, Cocktail Moments, Candy Raid ) from the same position.
If she had out-moved Kathleen O, I would be more excited.

I liked her races, and her look. I think she can get the Belmont distance. However, I was surprised to see Nest considered. Unlikely to see two fillys.

Yea, it's a neat pedigree. I would never have guessed "Lookin at Lucky" if I was quizzed. :)

Clocker 05-24-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2805933)

Ditto. Those big name races are rarely playable other than for a few bucks while watching on TV with pals and potables. I'm much more likely (and excited) to bet on a $7000 claiming race at a track I follow.

Someday Silent 05-25-2022 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letswastemoney (Post 2806223)

Shahama got her ass kicked in the Oaks. I don't see her handling 12 furlongs at all.

Ahorsewithnoname 05-25-2022 07:31 PM

My prediction...
Jose won the Preakness.
Irad will win the Belmont.