Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   FY 2018 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147917)

elysiantraveller 10-07-2018 05:35 PM

FY 2018

Since the deficit thread wasn't getting any love around here I figured we could see how the year ended up...

Oh my...

Deficit soars to $782 billion in 2018

This is with full employment and a pretty rock solid economy... yay... :rolleyes:

sammy the sage 10-08-2018 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elysiantraveller (Post 2381180)
Since the deficit thread wasn't getting any love around here I figured we could see how the year ended up...

Oh my...

Deficit soars to $782 billion in 2018

This is with full employment and a pretty rock solid economy... yay... :rolleyes:

But, but, but....ah nevermind....haven' t you learned by now...posting important stuff ALWAYS gets poo-pawed by the party in charge when it sheds a negative light on them...

Always beating their drums on how it's going to get fixed...if they were charge...and then when they are....:pout::pout::pout::rant::rant::puke::puke:: mad::mad:

I can't even believe I even a responded...not to you...but to point onf THE hypocrisy of it...which in turn will probably get me a neg. rep point or two for those afraid to look in the mirror...:rolleyes::pound:

chadk66 10-08-2018 08:40 AM

At this given point in time nobody really cares. And there are so many things that contribute to/against that number that it really isn't a fun discussion. I think the general feeling in the country is that things are headed in the right direction now, even though it gets really ugly at times.

elysiantraveller 10-08-2018 09:19 AM

Nobody here cares now because its a "Republican" doing it.

A couple of cycles back the GOP threatened shut-down repeatedly and people around here were like... :popcorn::popcorn::headbanger::headbanger: :popcorn::popcorn:

Now... its no big deal as we run trillion dollar deficits with full employment and the "greatest economy evah!"

Tom 10-08-2018 10:26 AM

We will see what happens in another year.
The tax revenues will be going upwards and this stuff takes time.
It is after, a process.

Deficit is important, but not as urgent as other things.
When you go to the emergency room in full trauma, the first thein they do is take of your airway and breathing, even if you are bleeding out or having a heart attack.

If it is not going down this time next years, then we need to rally behind that issue. Unlike dems, the righties have been know to stop supporting their elected officials for cause.

elysiantraveller 10-08-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2381468)
We will see what happens in another year.
The tax revenues will be going upwards and this stuff takes time.
It is after, a process.

Deficit is important, but not as urgent as other things.
When you go to the emergency room in full trauma, the first thein they do is take of your airway and breathing, even if you are bleeding out or having a heart attack.

If it is not going down this time next years, then we need to rally behind that issue. Unlike dems, the righties have been know to stop supporting their elected officials for cause.

No they won't.

How would they be going up? We're at full employment. Deficit is projected to surpass 1 trillion next year.

Its math.

Tom 10-08-2018 12:57 PM

It's YOUR opinion.

elysiantraveller 10-08-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2381522)
It's YOUR opinion.

Sure...

And the House, CBO, and Treasury's... and factoring in the boost from the tax cuts.

Tom 10-08-2018 01:08 PM

They have never been wrong before.
You should try needlepoint- it is relaxing.
You worry a bit too much and whine a lot too much.

elysiantraveller 10-08-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2381534)
They have never been wrong before.
You should try needlepoint- it is relaxing.
You worry a bit too much and whine a lot too much.

Weren't you in favor of a balanced budget amendment when Obama was President?

Quote:

TheTea Party is insistent on having a balanced budget amendment because we cannot trust the government to behave responsibly. This is the opportunity go for this.
Quote:

Increase revenue by fixing the stupid tax code first. Remove ALL subsidies, credits, breaks, whatever - everyone pays X percentage, depending on the scale. NO EXCEPTIONS. I support that.

But the crap that the Tea Party refusing to endorse is just a "no Boehner!"

And a constitutional balanced budget amendment is essential to protect US fro our leaders in the future.

Cut, cap, balance - to me, the only game in town.
It has passed the house, it sits on Dingy Harry's desk, and it will avert the armageddon that we keep hearing about.
Nevermind... found it. ;)

Tom 10-08-2018 04:36 PM

Got you working today huh? :lol:

That was 0bama.
This is Trump.

Think about it.
Totally different.

Try to expand your horizons.

I still favor it, once we get the economy fully straightened out and humming for a couple of years.

As you said, we have full employment, or close to it, so no need for a bunch of welfare programs. We have to get rid of entitlements before the amendment.

elysiantraveller 10-08-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2381610)
Got you working today huh? :lol:

That was 0bama.
This is Trump.

Think about it.
Totally different.

Try to expand your horizons.

Do you not understand how Amendments work?

Think about it. :lol:

Tom 10-08-2018 04:56 PM

Yes I do.
We need and amendment, but with 0bama gone, the urgency for it is not as great.

You are not as clever as you thing you are.:lol:

elysiantraveller 10-11-2018 11:54 AM

Tom 10-11-2018 12:56 PM

Are you lefties hard of hearing?
Large fonts - you must really crave attention.
I'd worry more about that if I were you. :rolleyes: