Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My BC PPs (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161379)

gm10 11-05-2020 05:45 AM

My BC PPs

Hello

One of my hobbies is creating the most comprehensive PPs on the planet.
I'm not there yet, but I hope that my current prototype is still of benefit to you. They include things like USA/UK/IRE/French/Meydan speed ratings, and Japanese, French and German replays.

The "l/k odds" are based on Benter's multinomial logit model. Caveat ... they aren't always calculable, especially for races with foreign runners.

Here are the links to the PDFs:

REMOVED FOR NOW, pending.

Good luck, any feedback/suggestions appreciated.

SkunkApe 11-05-2020 06:46 AM

Thanks!

GMB@BP 11-05-2020 11:03 AM

hey thanks, real busy so this gives me something to look at the next couple days without investing any money. They look good, well done.

GreenTreeSports 11-05-2020 11:52 AM

I am very impressed great sheets
Thank you. GTS

cj 11-05-2020 11:54 AM

Waiting to here if these are ok to be distributed. My best guess is no. So I'm removing the links for now but have saved them if I hear otherwise.

gm10 11-05-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2670068)
Waiting to here if these are ok to be distributed. My best guess is no. So I'm removing the links for now but have saved them if I hear otherwise.

They're mine, and they're free, so it should be OK?

cj 11-05-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm10 (Post 2670311)
They're mine, and they're free, so it should be OK?

I've seen this before and I'm playing it safe. There is data in those files that is not yours, that is what raised a flag. Things like previous race dates, race numbers, morning lines, track conditions, surface, etc. When I was PaceFigures.com, I couldn't sell it without a license, and I couldn't give it away either. You have to get that data from somewhere. You can certainly use it for personal use, but giving it away on a website has never been deemed personal use in the past.

I'm waiting to hear back. It has been passed on to the right department. I'm happy to post back if given the ok.

gm10 11-05-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2670330)
I've seen this before and I'm playing it safe. There is data in those files that is not yours, that is what raised a flag. Things like previous race dates, race numbers, morning lines, track conditions, surface, etc. When I was PaceFigures.com, I couldn't sell it without a license, and I couldn't give it away either. You have to get that data from somewhere. You can certainly use it for personal use, but giving it away on a website has never been deemed personal use in the past.

I'm waiting to hear back. It has been passed on to the right department. I'm happy to post back if given the ok.

Well most of that information is public. There is no law against aggregating and sharing public information. Only one part of the pdf is indeed paid for but I do have written authorization to do this now and then.

Nevermind :)

GMB@BP 11-05-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm10 (Post 2670356)
Well most of that information is public. There is no law against aggregating and sharing public information. Only one part of the pdf is indeed paid for but I do have written authorization to do this now and then.

good luck with your blog site, latekick............though i stay from late kick type horses.

gm10 11-05-2020 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2670357)
good luck with your blog site, latekick............though i stay from late kick type horses.

Yes they're mainly useful on the turf.

Thx

Robert Fischer 11-05-2020 08:04 PM

Thank you sir

I owe you some info:ThmbUp:

jimmyb 11-05-2020 08:31 PM

Great job and thank you!!!

cj 11-05-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm10 (Post 2670356)

I hear you, I really do. I hope it works out. The one that stuck out to me was the race comments. I didn't go checking but I assumed they were straight from the charts/PPs. Just trying to avoid any trouble for PA.

cj 11-06-2020 11:35 AM

This was a no go.