Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board


Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Now that is one of my worst bad beats (Firenze Fire) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166448)

stlseeeek 08-28-2021 04:45 PM

Now that is one of my worst bad beats (Firenze Fire)
 
He was going to win the race, until he started attacking the 7 horse, and still came back and lost by a half a head


that will go down as one of worst beats ever

jameegray1 08-28-2021 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fight night!

stlseeeek 08-28-2021 04:51 PM

He was going to win by a long neck at the least.


v j stauffer 08-28-2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlseeeek (Post 2750091)
He was going to win the race, until he started attacking the 7 horse, and still came back and lost by a half a head


that will go down as one of worst beats ever

I don't think he was going to win. I think he did that (savage) because he was frustrated he couldn't get by.

castaway01 08-28-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2750133)
I don't think he was going to win. I think he did that (savage) because he was frustrated he couldn't get by.

I assume if FF did go by after that, he would have come down anyway? I've never seen a horse try to bite another six times in a row.

The Arbiter 08-28-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castaway01 (Post 2750143)
I assume if FF did go by after that, he would have come down anyway? I've never seen a horse try to bite another six times in a row.


OP is saying if he didn't go in for the savage at all, he would have won. But yes, once he did it, if FF did go by, I think that was a guaranteed DQ.

v j stauffer 08-28-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castaway01 (Post 2750143)
I assume if FF did go by after that, he would have come down anyway? I've never seen a horse try to bite another six times in a row.

The rule would be the same as any other racing incident. Did the offending horse cost a rival an opportunity for a better placing. From what I saw it might have depended on the margin of victory. I didn't see much to warrant a DQ.

thaskalos 08-28-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2750155)
The rule would be the same as any other racing incident. Did the offending horse cost a rival an opportunity for a better placing. From what I saw it might have depended on the margin of victory. I didn't see much to warrant a DQ.

Could it be that your eyeglass prescription has changed?

Karakorum Kabbage 08-28-2021 06:53 PM

Note to OP: The horse you have in your thread title hasn't raced in :10: years :D ;)

Zman179 08-28-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlseeeek (Post 2750091)
He was going to win the race, until he started attacking the 7 horse, and still came back and lost by a half a head


that will go down as one of worst beats ever

He was definitely by him and would have won had he not had a sudden urge for a snack. I feel for ya, that was a bad beat.

Zman179 08-28-2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2750155)
The rule would be the same as any other racing incident. Did the offending horse cost a rival an opportunity for a better placing. From what I saw it might have depended on the margin of victory. I didn't see much to warrant a DQ.

I agree. Trying to savage is different from actually savaging and making contact.

Edit: I saw the head on and the horse did bite and pull on the 7’s bridle. I think it would have warranted a DQ considering the winning margin would have been very small.

thaskalos 08-28-2021 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman179 (Post 2750188)
I agree. Trying to savage is different from actually savaging and making contact.

Edit: I saw the head on and the horse did bite and pull on the 7’s bridle. I think it would have warranted a DQ considering the winning margin would have been very small.

Not only did the horse bite the other horse and tug on its bridle...it was also leaning on the rival horse during the entire incident. If that horse won and wasn't disqualified...then NO horse ever deserves to be disqualified, IMO.

v j stauffer 08-28-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2750155)
The rule would be the same as any other racing incident. Did the offending horse cost a rival an opportunity for a better placing. From what I saw it might have depended on the margin of victory. I didn't see much to warrant a DQ.

I never watched the head on. I'll take your word for it. I was too busy watching Ryan Moore get absolutely undressed by Joel Rosario costing me $7100.00 in the Horse Tourneys Pick N Pray.

Tragic! :puke:

thaskalos 08-28-2021 08:24 PM

HorseTourneys deserve way more customers than they currently have...IMO. :ThmbUp:

v j stauffer 08-28-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2750224)
HorseTourneys deserve way more customers than they currently have...IMO. :ThmbUp:

I'm all for that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Is it a good deal for US that FOX now has the Belmont Stakes
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.