Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Right...for the wrong reason (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156955)

chiguy 03-18-2020 03:26 PM

Right...for the wrong reason

Did you ever bet a horse and expected that horse to win because of race shape/pace and that horses running style? Then the gates open and the race is completely different than you thought but your horse still won?

This happened to me with my 401k this year. First week of January I thought if Sanders or Warren were to become the nominee for the D's then the market would react poorly. Since I am under 5 years till retirement, I thought now was the time to play it safe. I moved all of my money into cash and sat. I told myself, self give it through February before you dive back in. Well for the completely wrong reason it was one of the best financial decisions I have ever made in my life....all for the wrong reasons.

PaceAdvantage 03-18-2020 04:17 PM

Congrats man...you made the right move...

Now you just gotta hope all that money is actually worth something when this is all over.

lamboguy 03-18-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2575270)

Now you just gotta hope all that money is actually worth something when this is all over.

it will be worth something, just not as much

woodtoo 03-18-2020 04:31 PM

Awesome move on your part.:ThmbUp:
My buddy withdrew $30k from his stock investment weeks ago (on advise from his wife) as his two daughters have weddings this summer and he wanted to pay off his new SUV.
Timing can be the best thing.

Whatever is left he is buying silver.

Saratoga_Mike 03-18-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I agree that's the right concern/question, but the BOJ's asset holdings are over 100% of GDP. And the problem in Japan is deflation, not inflation. Pretty incredible. The Fed was around 20% (pre-repos ramping and pre-stimulus) recently. Of course, the USD is the world's reserve currency, so maybe Japan isn't the correct analog.

thaskalos 03-18-2020 04:42 PM

"It's better to have money than to be brilliant." -- Oscar Wilde

ReplayRandall 03-18-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2575282)

Sounds like a bust-out's comment to me...or Niko Tesla..:faint:

JustRalph 03-18-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2575282)

Nice, never heard that one before....:ThmbUp:

Tom 03-18-2020 06:36 PM

Quote:

Well, there IS a TP shortage.......:rolleyes:

sammy the sage 03-18-2020 08:24 PM

I bought 2 cases of TP at the flea market of places today...:lol:

My theory....cash needs to be destroyed...after all...it is dirty...(more ways than one)...there-fore everything needs to be electronic....

You can be tracked easier that way..

Hurts the black market...gov't gets more tax's ...

yada yada yada....so we'll scare you into giving up a bit more of your freedom...that's all.....

Although...that makes those black market buys of TP and other products a bit tougher...

thaskalos 03-18-2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammy the sage (Post 2575395)
I bought 2 cases of TP at the flea market of places today...:lol:

My theory....cash needs to be destroyed...after all...it is dirty...(more ways than one)...there-fore everything needs to be electronic....

You can be tracked easier that way..

Hurts the black market...gov't gets more tax's ...

yada yada yada....so we'll scare you into giving up a bit more of your freedom...that's all.....

Although...that makes those black market buys of TP and other products a bit tougher...

Don't worry. If the Fed keeps shoving enough money into the economy...we may be using this money for TP before too long. :ThmbUp: