Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ferdinand (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6964)

witchdoctor 07-21-2003 11:23 PM

Ferdinand

Just read this on the Bloodhorse website.

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=17051

Observer 07-22-2003 12:13 AM

That's just horrible .. I am sick over this .. and to think .. over there .. this kind of thing "is the rule" .. according to the story.

PaceAdvantage 07-22-2003 02:55 AM

So much for the Exceller Fund.....

I know, I know, this happened in Japan....a nation as backwards as they come in some respects I guess....greedy s.o.bs

alysheba88 07-22-2003 09:57 AM

Disgusting. Same thing may happen to Strike the Gold and Sea Hero. Both are in Turkey. A group is trying to get them out of there before its too late. If this is what happens to Derby winners think of the other poor horses.

Bubbles 07-22-2003 10:16 AM

This is just sick. And just think what might happen to War Emblem, who, to my knowledge, hasn't even been BRED yet. Something has to be done.

Dave Schwartz 07-22-2003 10:49 AM

I'm an oak! (but this really saddens me).

Regards,
Anonymous

JustRalph 07-22-2003 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bubbles
This is just sick. And just think what might happen to War Emblem, who, to my knowledge, hasn't even been BRED yet. Something has to be done.
I think I read that War Emblem covered about 12 mares. It should be interesting to see if any of his get to the races.

PaceAdvantage 07-22-2003 05:28 PM

Alysheba is also over there...seems they have a thing for Derby winners....I guess it's a good thing one of my favorite horse Sunday Silence died of natural causes (or so they say).

(Of course I'm being a hypocrite....I know plenty of good horses have been sent to slaughter right here in the good ol' USA....so no need for those who are constantly "in the know" to point out the obvious to me...I'll save you the wear and tear on your typing hand)

SandyE 07-22-2003 07:24 PM

Thank you Witchdoctor

For posting the url for the article about Ferdinand. What get's me is that they basicly lied to that lady aobut Ferdinand's where abouts. It makes me mad and sad that it took this long for news about Ferninand to reach us.
Question for PA as to typing hand? You mean there are those who do the ole' hunt and peck style typing? Just my way to ease things in here that's all. By the by PA thank you your the best.

Observer 07-22-2003 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Alysheba is also over there...
PA .. correction .. Alysheba was sent to Saudi Arabia .. not Japan.

I remember a few years back .. Gato Del Sol was brought home because Hancock, the owner whom he won the Derby for, feared for the ol' horse .. this was not too long after the Exceller story broke, and Gato Del Sol wasn't a very strong stallion in Europe, so the deal was made to bring him home to Kentucky.

I wish selling owners would be inspired enough to make a condition of sale that if things don't work out, they are to be notified before anything is done with the horse .. particularly if a slaughterhouse is leading the list of the buyer's options in a failing situation.

Seriously, is it really that difficult for these people to seek out a new home?? Don't they think someone somewhere would have been willing to kick over MORE money than the slaughterhouse, especially for a horse like Ferdinand?? Not that I approve any slaughter of this kind .. horses bred for anything other than slaughter should never be permitted to pass through those rings .. but, I do think you'd have a lot more people jumping up to purchase Ferdinand, than a horse that never even made it to an actual race.

These people are pathetic!!

freeneasy 07-22-2003 08:15 PM

yeah but what i dont understand is

why dont these people just contact the privious american owners and just say something like hey we have'nt any more intrests in breeding this horse and he will most likely not be pastured for his remainig days but will be slaughtered if we cannot find a party to take him over. whats so freaken hard about that. a couple of phone calls, a few arrangments here and there. and presto ferdy's on his way back home. if i would have known that, hell, i would have bought the fkg horse. bought? now that i think about it a little bit what the hell am i talking about? bought. they would have probably given the soab away. like those adds you see in the papers, " free stove to whoever wants to haul it away"
next time we sell a horse to foreigners there should be added agreements in the sales contract that stipulate something like "buyers must pay a penelty or fine and this penalty/ fine must be paid to the american sellers of said horse, and this penelty/ fine must be equal to the lifetime earnings of said horse, and this contract must be written in such a way that it must be immeadiately held up as an unbreakable agreement in the courts of whatever country the horse is being sold to, or something like that.
i mean it couldnt have been any more difficult or simpeler then a rats ass phone call. i dont think i can think of enough names to call these people, pigdogs, warthogs. "well actually were not sure where ferdinand has gone" creatent fkg liars.
shit you could of had a whole lot of fun with this horse. bring him back home, stand him for a couple of g's or two and see what happens. hell, theres a whole hat full of little breeders out there who would have loved to of gotten their little meres under a kentucky derby winner like ferdinand. i betcha charlie would be dusting off the old 4/10 overunder shotgun right about now and booking himself a one way ticket to dodge. you sadasssackofmuleshit.

freeneasy 07-22-2003 08:25 PM

sandy, that'd be me

15 words a minute, but when i really got the fingers working man i can flat out fly, and iam talking to the tune of some 20-22 wpm.

PaceAdvantage 07-22-2003 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Observer
PA .. correction .. Alysheba was sent to Saudi Arabia .. not Japan.

Ooops...my bad.

freeneasy 07-22-2003 08:48 PM

as i was writing my post

i got a little to far out in front of myself and forgot to finish the sentencewhen i mentioned stipulations being added to the contract so i'll finish it
i said
the next time we sella horse to a foreigners there should be added agreements in the contract that stipulate something like buyers must pay a penalty or fine / and thats where i left it and i forgot to add / if the horse has been sent to a slaughter house or inappropriately killed.

Tom 07-22-2003 10:56 PM

Sad day

I have posted before about my favorite horse of all time...Montain Man, a hero at Finger Lakes in the '70s. ? Same fate befell him. One-horse stable Trainer dropped him in for $2500 to try and get a check, and some SOB claimed him. Ran him into the ground (age 10) and then sold him to the killer for $35.
No happy ending here etiher, but at least this SOB got a little country justice handed to him by a few "fans" one night in a local bar.
Sad that in this sport, most of the horses have more brains and heart than the scumbags who own them.