Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2019 Derby Rankings (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151913)

storyline 05-03-2019 03:25 AM

2019 Derby Rankings

My top 10 in order of finish

:8: Tacitus
:5: Improbable
:6: Vekoma
:13: Code of Honor
:17: Roadster
:20: Country House
:2: Tax
:11: Haikal
:19: Spinoff
:14: Win Win Win

Gerard02 05-03-2019 10:22 AM

:ThmbUp: thanks. Good luck!

storyline 05-04-2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storyline (Post 2459630)
My top 10 in order of finish

:8: Tacitus
:5: Improbable
:6: Vekoma
:13: Code of Honor
:17: Roadster
:20: Country House
:2: Tax
:11: Haikal
:19: Spinoff
:14: Win Win Win

Top 6 ranked horses in the top 4, anyone here do better?

highnote 05-05-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storyline (Post 2461073)
Top 6 ranked horses in the top 4, anyone here do better?

I know this doesn't count because I'm redboarding, but I did have 4 out of the top 5 and had I listened to my wife I might have had 5 out of 6 because she liked #20. And before you say that I only had 3 out of 5, that's technically correct based on the official results. But based on the order that they crossed the finish line I had 4 out of 5.

I liked, in order, 7-5-8-13-21.

Here is a copy of an email I sent to a friend before the race -- not that I expect anyone to believe me. :D

> Based on what I saw in the post parade I like 5-7-8-21
>
> 5 was a little anxious and up on his toes dancing. That could be a
> negative if he expends too much energy. He has three white feet. So did Secretariat.
>
> Maximum is built like a body builder.
>
> Code of Honor, if he runs the way McGuaghey horses tend to run, could
> have the right running style for the Derby -- from off the pace.

Show Me the Wire 05-05-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highnote (Post 2461924)
I know this doesn't count because I'm redboarding, but I did have 4 out of the top 5 and had I listened to my wife I might have had 5 out of 6 because she liked #20. And before you say that I only had 3 out of 5, that's technically correct based on the official results. But based on the order that they crossed the finish line I had 4 out of 5.

I liked, in order, 7-5-8-13-21.

Here is a copy of an email I sent to a friend before the race -- not that I expect anyone to believe me. :D

> Based on what I saw in the post parade I like 5-7-8-21
>
> 5 was a little anxious and up on his toes dancing. That could be a
> negative if he expends too much energy. He has three white feet. So did Secretariat.
>
> Maximum is built like a body builder.
>
> Code of Honor, if he runs the way McGuaghey horses tend to run, could
> have the right running style for the Derby -- from off the pace.

My problem is I had Code of Honor with Maximum Security. I also had an exacta box 5, 8, 20 in case of some crazy event. I left the 13 off the exacta ticket thinking if something wonky happened that Improbable, Tacitus, and Country House had much better chances of finishing first or second than Code of Honor. Why?

Code of Honor was running an extra 1/8 further today while carrying 10lbs more than any of his winning efforts. He won with 119lbs in a sprint and his best race he carried only 116lbs. at 1 1/16th, while losing at higher weight.

So I use Code of Honor with Maximum Security, as I was confident in Maximum Security's ability to win and possibly due to chaos and not on the chaos ticket, after deliberating about using him too, due to the reasons stated above.

highnote 05-05-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire (Post 2461971)
My problem is I had Code of Honor with Maximum Security. I also had an exacta box 5, 8, 20 in case of some crazy event. I left the 13 off the exacta ticket thinking if something wonky happened that Improbable, Tacitus, and Country House had much better chances of finishing first or second than Code of Honor. Why?

Code of Honor was running an extra 1/8 further today while carrying 10lbs more than any of his winning efforts. He won with 119lbs in a sprint and his best race he carried only 116lbs. at 1 1/16th, while losing at higher weight.

So I use Code of Honor with Maximum Security, as I was confident in Maximum Security's ability to win and possibly due to chaos and not on the chaos ticket, after deliberating about using him too, due to the reasons stated above.

Ouch! That qualifies as a bad beat. :(