Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   nhl 2017-2018 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140529)

ldiatone 08-31-2017 08:36 PM

nhl 2017-2018

WOO HOO!:headbanger: 19 days to pre-season games!:p
Pens/Sabres to Play Preseason Opener on Sept. 19 at Penn State University
The game will be played at Pegula Ice Arena. Home preseason opener will be Sept. 20 at 7:00PM against Detroit at PPG Paints Arena

ldiatone 09-05-2017 08:31 PM

Auston Matthews has pulled out of the NHL-NHLPA Player Tour media event here in NYC. Met with Leafs docs today and diagnosed with the flu

ldiatone 09-06-2017 02:53 PM

Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 20m20 minutes ago
More

David Harvey‏
@davidharvey74
Follow
More
Replying to @TSNBobMcKenzie
Flames signing Jagr

Could be wrong, but I do not believe this to be the case:

ldiatone 09-26-2017 04:22 PM

couple of day till opener!!:headbanger::headbanger::popcorn::)

via twitter

Mike Milbury will stand in for Eddie Olczyk as the color analyst for NBC on NHL broadcasts.

HoofedInTheChest 09-26-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyfox (Post 2188182)
Yamamoto is probably at least 3 years away from the NHL and he'll have a long ways to go before he's anywhere near Gaudreau when he arrived.

Are ya sure about that? :lol:

Apparently he has stolen Puljujarvi' roster spot on the top line, and i would be willing to wager that he is in the lineup on opening night.

I tried to tell you.....

HoofedInTheChest 10-03-2017 01:00 PM

Hossa failed his second physical, will remain on LTIR.

Lupul failed his second physical, will remain on LTIR.

Liljegren will play for the Marlies this season. Awesome!

Borgman gets the call on opening night.

Good news all around, one more sleep until the puck gets dropped! :ThmbUp:

MutuelClerk 10-03-2017 03:52 PM

Game On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ldiatone 10-04-2017 07:53 PM

Let's go pens! 3 pete

cj 10-04-2017 08:21 PM

This is the year...Go Caps!

Greyfox 10-04-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest (Post 2224914)
Are ya sure about that? :lol:

Apparently he has stolen Puljujarvi' roster spot on the top line, and i would be willing to wager that he is in the lineup on opening night.

I tried to tell you.....

Yamamoto has turned heads for sure.
But his first hurdle is to stick for 9 games.
Tonight he starts on the second line.

MutuelClerk 10-04-2017 10:04 PM

It was like date night tonight. Is your sweater tucked in? Visor okay? Too many whistles. 7=2 LEAFS WIN!!!! Matthews only on 82 goal pace this season after the first game. Disappointing. Damn, we were dominated for fifteen minutes. Then took the game over. Impressive. The kids are learning to play better without the puck.

HoofedInTheChest 10-04-2017 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MutuelClerk (Post 2228265)
It was like date night tonight. Is your sweater tucked in? Visor okay? Too many whistles. 7=2 LEAFS WIN!!!! Matthews only on 82 goal pace this season after the first game. Disappointing. Damn, we were dominated for fifteen minutes. Then took the game over. Impressive. The kids are learning to play better without the puck.

I have to admit, i have a bit of a hard-on for the 3M line, i want more!

Marleau – Matthews – Marner

We have 3 incredibly dangerous scoring lines this season, and we have depth up the ying-yang, this is going to be a really fun season.

HoofedInTheChest 10-05-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyfox (Post 2228228)
Yamamoto has turned heads for sure.
But his first hurdle is to stick for 9 games.
Tonight he starts on the second line.

In my opinion, Yamamoto should have gone in the top 10 in the entry draft, you stole him at 22.

I was curious as to how many of last summer’s first round draft picks cracked their respective NHL lineups, so i did some digging......

Only 6 of 31 were able survive training camp, and the jury is still out on whether they can remain past the 9 game threshold.

Players listed in blue cracked their respective NHL rosters...... for now.

1. New Jersey Devils: Nico Hischier, C
2. Philadelphia Flyers: Nolan Patrick, C
3. Dallas Stars: Miro Heiskanen, D
4. Colorado Avalanche: Cale Makar, D,
5. Vancouver Canucks: Elias Pettersson, C
6. Vegas Golden Knights: Cody Glass, C
7. New York Rangers: Lias Andersson, C
8. Buffalo Sabres: Casey Mittelstadt, C
9. Detroit Red Wings: Michael Rasmussen, C
10. Florida Panthers: Owen Tippett, RW
11. Los Angeles Kings: Gabriel Vilardi, C
12. Carolina Hurricanes: Martin Necas, C
13. Vegas Golden Knights: Nick Suzuki, C
14. Tampa Bay Lightning: Callan Foote, D
15. Vegas Golden Knights: Erik Brannstrom, D
16. Calgary Flames: Juuso Valimaki, D
17. Toronto Maple Leafs: Timothy Liljegren, D
18. Boston Bruins: Urho Vaakanainen, D
19. San Jose Sharks: Josh Norris, C
20. St. Louis Blues: Robert Thomas, C
21. New York Rangers: Filip Chytil, LW
22. Edmonton Oilers: Kailer Yamamoto, RW
23. Arizona Coyotes: Pierre-Olivier Joseph, D
24. Winnipeg Jets: Kristian Vesalainen, RW
25. Montreal Canadiens: Ryan Poehling, C
26. Dallas Stars: Jake Oettinger, G
27. Philadelphia Flyers: Morgan Frost, C
28. Ottawa Senators: Shane Bowers, C
29. Chicago Blackhawks: Henri Jokiharju, D
30. Nashville Predators: Eeli Tolvanen, RW
31. St. Louis Blues: Klim Kostin, LW/C

MutuelClerk 10-05-2017 10:28 PM

You hardly heard Auston Matthews name last night. One goal. Two assists. If our special teams stay special. Might be a special season. The Leafs are still very young. But very talented. I was hoping this season to make the playoffs. Win a series. Go from there. Next year. No excuses.

HoofedInTheChest 10-06-2017 01:46 AM

Was Stevie Wonder in goal for the Pens tonight?

ldiatone 10-06-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest (Post 2228611)

Yes really!

HoofedInTheChest 10-06-2017 04:19 PM

Leafs trade Tobias Lindberg and a 6th round pick for Calvin Pickard (Vegas), shoring up their depth in net. Pickard will be the Leafs #3.

cj 10-06-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest (Post 2228611)

No, he'd have come up with a few more saves.

HoofedInTheChest 10-07-2017 01:13 PM

Pittsburgh’ goaltending in a nutshell....

https://i.imgur.com/OAaRV.gif

cj 10-08-2017 12:44 AM

Great 8 with 7 goals in two games.

HoofedInTheChest 10-08-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2229253)
Great 8 with 7 goals in two games.

Impressive, and you beat the Habs in regulation. :ThmbUp:

ldiatone 10-08-2017 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest (Post 2229020)
Pittsburgh’ goaltending in a nutshell....

https://i.imgur.com/OAaRV.gif

shutout last night

HoofedInTheChest 10-09-2017 01:11 PM

NEW YORK — Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals was named the NHL's first star on Monday for the week ending on Oct. 8, while Vegas goalie Marc-Andre Fleury and Philadelphia right-winger Wayne Simmonds were also honoured.

Ovechkin led the NHL in goals and points as the Capitals opened the season with two victories. On Oct. 5, Ovechkin had his 18th career hat trick in a 5-4 shootout victory over the Ottawa Senators.

Two nights later he matched a career high by scoring four times in a 6-1 win over the Montreal Canadiens.

He's the fourth player in NHL history and first since 1917-18 to record hat tricks in each of his team's first two games of the season.

Fleury earned second star honours when he went 2-0-0 with a 0.98 goals-against average and a .973 save percentage as the Golden Knights opened the season with two victories.

Simmonds was named third star with four goals — including two game-winners — as the Flyers began the season with two victories in three starts on the road.

If only Ovechkin could replicate his regular season production in the playoffs.

The Flower is going to have to stand on his head this season, i believe that Vegas will have a hard time producing offence from anyone not named Neal.

HoofedInTheChest 10-09-2017 05:40 PM

This could get interesting tonight, Anton Forsberg gets the call in net for Chicago seeing that the Hawks have a back to back against the Habs tomorrow, Crow will get the start in his hometown.

In 10 career games in the NHL, Forsberg has posted 1 win and 8 losses, with a goals against average of 4.02, and a save percentage of .879. :eek:

Having said that, the f’er will probably get a shutout.

HoofedInTheChest 10-09-2017 10:14 PM

Man, what a game!

Even strength shot attempts after that lousy first period tonight...

Leafs - 44
Blackhawks – 7

Matthews played the majority of his ice time against Keith, Seabrook and Kane.

Matthew had a 84% possession rating and his even strength shot attempts were 29-3.

MutuelClerk 10-09-2017 11:17 PM

Matthews.

Beast.

3-0.

GO LEAFS GO.

HoofedInTheChest 10-10-2017 01:06 PM

GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes President of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Coyotes have recalled forward Mario Kempe from the Tucson Roadrunners, the club's American Hockey League affiliate. The Coyotes have also announced the demotion of center Dylan Strome to the Tucson Roadrunners.

Tocchet is looking for Strome to get quicker into situations/think quicker. If he sees that growth, Strome will be back.

If there’s one thing Strome doesn’t have, or hasn’t shown this season, it’s speed. The problem he has is that with the Coyotes focusing on a top-six where speed kills, to be even slightly slower, or to be an average rather than great skater, will see you left behind at center, particularly in a role where you’re expected to drive play and always provide an option. And that hurts the team, and also your ability to contribute.

Dylan Strome’ face-off percentage – 31.58%

Mitch Marner’ face-off percentage – 76.92%

MutuelClerk 10-10-2017 06:32 PM

If they keep calling these slashing penalties I'm guessing the NHL will have a ton of guys who score 40 or more.

As far as Dylan Strome goes. Saw him a ton with Erie. i'm sooooo glad the Coyotes selected him ahead of Marner. I wanted Strome. Thought we needed size after drafting Nylander the year before.

HoofedInTheChest 10-11-2017 03:34 AM

I see the Yotes are continuing their tradition of playing like hot garbage, that was a brutal display tonight.

That was a great home opener for Vegas tonight, a very tasteful opening ceremony and the players really stepped it up and gave the city something to smile about in these trying times, well done.

I really like the system Gallant has them playing, whether they can keep up this level of play is up for debate, but they play an entertaining brand of hockey that the fans really seemed to embrace, they got rabid pretty quick. Leipsic has looked pretty good over the first 3 games, and it’s good to see him get an opportunity.

All in all it was a great night of hockey in Vegas. :ThmbUp:

MutuelClerk 10-11-2017 11:36 PM

Ugh, I guess for the record 82-0 wasn't likely.

Hoofed, i like the Yotes. A lot. Maybe not so much this season although I expect they'll exceed what's expected of them. They have a bright future IMO.

HoofedInTheChest 10-12-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MutuelClerk (Post 2230644)
Hoofed, i like the Yotes. A lot. Maybe not so much this season although I expect they'll exceed what's expected of them. They have a bright future IMO.

What’s to like?

The way they handled Shane Doan retiring this summer was a disgrace, the organization is a complete joke and they have no class whatsoever.

They are bottom dwellers when it comes to attendance, as well as being a burden in regards to revenue sharing.

If it were up to me, Arizona, Carolina, Tampa and Florida would be on the top of my list for contraction.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/c...ane-doan-exit/

HoofedInTheChest 10-14-2017 12:57 PM

Teams Ovechkin has more goals than.....

Alex Ovechkin – 9
Dallas – 8
Boston – 7
Edmonton – 7
San Jose – 7
Vancouver – 7
Carolina – 5
Montreal – 4

Greyfox 10-14-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest (Post 2230667)
If it were up to me, Arizona, Carolina, Tampa and Florida would be on the top of my list for contraction.

Tell that to Gary Bettman. He continually snubs Quebec City.

HoofedInTheChest 10-17-2017 12:41 PM

Good article on Jim Paliafito.

“I represent a lot of Russian players, and here’s what I tell the GMs I deal with: If you want my player, you have to jump on a plane, you have to make your pitch in person. Because that’s what Lou Lamoriello does.”

MutuelClerk 10-17-2017 11:24 PM

A game that was supposed to be Home Run Derby ends up a pitchers duel. The ice seemed bumpy. Good to get a shutout against one of the better offensive teams in the league. What an odd game though. The Wings are in T.O. waiting for us. I like my wings FRIED.

HoofedInTheChest 10-18-2017 01:53 PM

Patty Marleau will play his 1500th NHL game tonight, only 18 players have reached this milestone in the history of the league.

HoofedInTheChest 10-18-2017 02:49 PM

If there's a goal that everyone remembers
It was back in old seventy two
We all squeezed the stick and we all pulled the trigger
And all I remember is sitting beside you

You said you didn't give a f*ck about hockey
And I never saw someone say that before
You held my hand and we walked home the long way
You were loosening my grip on Bobby Orr

HoofedInTheChest 10-18-2017 10:47 PM

Deep Fried!

MutuelClerk 10-18-2017 11:40 PM