Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MVR Race 3 today (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162483)

johnhenry81 01-06-2021 01:45 PM

MVR Race 3 today

Commissario.... bet him at 4/1 around a minute or 2 to post off a 10/1 ML, got a drink from the kitchen to find him at 3/2 while running. Good grief

therussmeister 01-06-2021 03:29 PM

I don't know the details of this particular race, but that's what happens when there is only $3,000 in the win pool when the gate opens.

Onesome 01-06-2021 10:30 PM

You play a mickey mouse track where 75% of the pool comes in at the final tick, you accept these terms and moves.

Plus wtf did you expect on a horse with 2nd best LR, best rating l12 months and sole early speed?

mountainman 01-07-2021 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnhenry81 (Post 2691069)
Commissario.... bet him at 4/1 around a minute or 2 to post off a 10/1 ML, got a drink from the kitchen to find him at 3/2 while running. Good grief

What a coincidence that the race you posted about marked the first time I have considered myself lucky that the odds plummeted on a winner I hit. That's right LUCKY!!.

After assuming I had, as planned, bet $40 to win on Commissario, I made the inexcusable mistake of not checking my ticket. The horse, of course, won comfortably , but when I pulled out the ticket , the bet was for just $4. Which could have raised an obvious conundrum: Had I realized the error during the race, would I have rooted for, or against the horse?? AGAINST-because peace of mind trumps money with me. Every time.

I felt far less fortunate that the late money was spot- on in race 6, driving the winner (Heza Handful) from 6-1, or so, just a few min out, down to a $6.40 return. Today marked my first trip to simulcast since last winter, and that modest payoff on my bet-of-the- day , while not entirely unexpected, did serve as blunt reminder of how sharp the competition can be.