Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bill Paxton dead (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136624)

Jess Hawsen Arown 02-26-2017 05:40 PM

Bill Paxton dead

Only 61 years old. One of those actors who had a personality that was immediately likeable.

Very sad.

upthecreek 02-26-2017 06:07 PM

barahona44 02-26-2017 09:39 PM

First time I noticed him was when he played a rather psychotic vampire/good ol' boy in a late 80's horror movie called Near Dark.Best known for playing the polygamist in the HBO series Big Love and the lead storm chaser in Twister. RIP, Mr. Paxton

Zaf 02-27-2017 12:05 AM

Wow what a shock just listened to an interview with him a few weeks ago on a Podcast. Dean Delrays Let there be talk, shocker, R.I.P. Bill Paxton :(

Z

Dahoss2002 02-27-2017 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barahona44 (Post 2127579)
First time I noticed him was when he played a rather psychotic vampire/good ol' boy in a late 80's horror movie called Near Dark.Best known for playing the polygamist in the HBO series Big Love and the lead storm chaser in Twister. RIP, Mr. Paxton

Luv that movie..."i hate em when they aint been shaved":headbanger:

cj's dad 02-27-2017 10:38 PM

Who cares !!! Why is it a big deal when a Hollywood actor/actress dies? Are they any more important then good hard working people that die every day?

All of us have had mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, that have gone before us and there were no outpouring of grief other than from family and friends. Yet, when some Hollywood or Tv personality dies, OMG, we are supposed to bow before the altar. I don't know Paxton and don't cars if he is dead, I only care about those who have gone before me and the ones I care about !!!!

Jess Hawsen Arown 02-27-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurtisontheBay (Post 2127974)
Who cares !!! Why is it a big deal when a Hollywood actor/actress dies? Are they any more important then good hard working people that die every day?

All of us have had mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, that have gone before us and there were no outpouring of grief other than from family and friends. Yet, when some Hollywood or Tv personality dies, OMG, we are supposed to bow before the altar. I don't know Paxton and don't cars if he is dead, I only care about those who have gone before me and the ones I care about !!!!

Yes, you can drive yourself to the insane asylum if you cared about everyone who died. But some people who are actors or educators or sports figures are people with whom you are very familiar even though you did not know them personally and it does feel like you have lost a friend.

I enjoyed Bill Paxton's work and I am saddened that he is gone.

thaskalos 02-27-2017 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurtisontheBay (Post 2127974)

Very nice...and I agree. If you don't care about the person, then...why should anyone mention his/her passing? :ThmbUp:

proximity 02-28-2017 06:55 AM

awesome as chet in weird science....

johnhannibalsmith 02-28-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proximity (Post 2128069)

Damn, I forgot about that. Definitely his best role and performance.

PaceAdvantage 02-28-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proximity (Post 2128069)

Yeah, I totally forgot about that one too...I would always go around quoting "how about a nice, greazzzy, pork sandwich..." :lol: