Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Where can we find an unbiased NEWS show? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166461)

Dave Schwartz 08-29-2021 10:28 AM

Where can we find an unbiased NEWS show?

I'm looking for a NEWS HOME.

Are there any FREE & *UNBIASED sources for TV NEWS?

To be clear - I'm looking for a CHANNEL that has an actual NEWS BROADCAST as opposed to TOPICAL SHOWS.

In addition, it needs to be accessible from cable or via a smart TV app.

*UNBIASED means NOT scripted by the left-wing, but also not interested in everything being spun to the right.

Also, for the record...
THANK YOU
As much as I dislike the polarized anger here in off-topic, I've got to give you guys tremendous credit for providing links to so many TRUTH LADEN articles that are just not to be found in the mainstream media world.

pandy 08-29-2021 10:30 AM

I haven't seen any but good question. Friends try to push me to NPR but I don't view them as neutral.

fast4522 08-29-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2750317)

To be clear - I'm looking for a CHANNEL that has an actual NEWS BROADCAST as opposed to TOPICAL SHOWS.

*UNBIASED means NOT scripted by the left-wing, but also not interested in everything being spun to the right.

Also, for the record...
THANK YOU
As much as I dislike the polarized anger here in off-topic, I've got to give you guys tremendous credit for providing links to so many TRUTH LADEN articles that are just not to be found in the mainstream media world.

How can you want what you do when networks are owned in Europe?

johnhenry81 08-29-2021 11:21 AM

We only watch CBC Canada, and NHK Japan in our our house. Not perfect, but surprisingly balanced regarding America.

Dave Schwartz 08-29-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast4522 (Post 2750327)
How can you want what you do when networks are owned in Europe?

Please explain that.

Dave Schwartz 08-29-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnhenry81 (Post 2750328)
We only watch CBC Canada, and NHK Japan in our our house. Not perfect, but surprisingly balanced regarding America.

We actually experimented with BBC News for awhile with similar results.

Problem was that I don't really care who is going to win the mayoral position in Nottingham or wins the national spelling bee.

It does seem to work for the BIG issues but not really a logical alternative to US-based news.

fast4522 08-29-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2750329)
Please explain that.

So if you do not believe the statement, try the next out for size.

A cow does not get to select the feed it gets, it is just livestock.

Our news networks are no longer American, sure the hires are American.

Inner Dirt 08-29-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandy (Post 2750319)
I haven't seen any but good question. Friends try to push me to NPR but I don't view them as neutral.

NPR and PBS are both left wing, that is pretty obvious. Your friends who view NPR as neutral have to be liberals. I have known quite a few liberals that view left leaning sources as neutral, as somehow they believe in their own mind they are unbiased themselves and any source they mostly agree with must be unbiased also. I swear I have known quite a few who think CBC, NBS, & ABC national evening news is neutral.

Marshall Bennett 08-29-2021 11:57 AM

The better question might be which networks not to watch. :)

fast4522 08-29-2021 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Dave Schwartz 08-29-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast4522 (Post 2750331)
So if you do not believe the statement, try the next out for size.

A cow does not get to select the feed it gets, it is just livestock.

Our news networks are no longer American, sure the hires are American.

Didn't say I didn't believe. Said I didn't understand your meaning.

fast4522 08-29-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2750347)
Didn't say I didn't believe. Said I didn't understand your meaning.

So you have known me to be anti European for how many years Dave, did you really not understand or leaning European better for . . . . . .

boxcar 08-29-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2750317)

Also, for the record...
THANK YOU

What you want doesn't exist because no one's brain is housed inside a vacuum. Everyone is biased. No one can run on "neutral". Not even our cars. :D We don't work that way. Everyone has an agenda. And that isn't necessarily bad. What makes a bias good or bad is what it is biased toward! For example, by the grace of God, I'm a Christian. And so by his preserving and sanctifying grace and the power Holy Spirit I'm generally biased toward what is good, righteous and truthful. (Very imperfectly, of course, since I still battle the "flesh".) But still... this is my overall bent -- the inclination of my heart. Therefore, what you really what to find is a news source committed to the truth. Not an easy find since this is not the natural bent of the human race. However, I do have a very good friend of mine (an unbeliever) who, ironically, loves to get his news from the 700 Club on his TV, I believe. So you could check that out.

TJDave 08-29-2021 01:12 PM

Broadcast/print journalism has always been biased. The key is the ability to filter bias from fact and the willingness to use it. It’s called critical thinking.

I’m confident the author of this thread possesses this ability. ;)

PaceAdvantage 08-29-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast4522 (Post 2750354)
So you have known me to be anti European for how many years Dave, did you really not understand or leaning European better for . . . . . .

How much do they pay you to post like that?