Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board


Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Greatest of All Time - Bob Baffert (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164652)

Designed4Luck 05-05-2021 08:44 PM

The Greatest of All Time - Bob Baffert
 

46zilzal 05-07-2021 12:29 PM

Ah more historical perspective LOST

HARDLY...when you get the BEST horses (like the Jones's did at Calumet or Woody got for years) of course you will do well.

Bedwell, Sheppard, Laz, Shug, Frankle, Aidan O’Brien, Fitzsimmons, Whittingham, Jerkins, Max Hirsch

cj 05-07-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46zilzal (Post 2720985)
Ah more historical perspective LOST

HARDLY...when you get the BEST horses (like the Jones's did at Calumet or Woody got for years) of course you will do well.

Bedwell, Sheppard, Laz, Shug, Frankle, Aidan O’Brien, Fitzsimmons, Whittingham, Jerkins, Max Hirsch

The guy just won the Derby with a modestly bred, very low priced colt. Sure, he gets great horses, but he's done great work with others too. Real Quiet comes to mind right away.

dilanesp 05-07-2021 01:29 PM

The only real knock against Baffert is he hasn't had a real grass star. Even Wayne Lukas eventually demonstrated he could train top grass horses.

But for racing on dirt- yeah, he's the GOAT. And it's not just the TC success with royally bred horses. He has had success with modestly bred horses, he can manage a horse over a long career (see Game on Dude), etc.

KingAnon 05-07-2021 02:13 PM

Obviously he is talented, but he is entering 2-3 horses against each other in races like the Kentucky Derby and seems to have a horse in almost every big stakes race. Of course he's going to have more wins than others will. This is on top of having access to many of the top horses, which furthers his chances of getting wins.

dilanesp 05-07-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingAnon (Post 2721015)
Obviously he is talented, but he is entering 2-3 horses against each other in races like the Kentucky Derby and seems to have a horse in almost every big stakes race. Of course he's going to have more wins than others will. This is on top of having access to many of the top horses, which furthers his chances of getting wins.

Why not compare him to Pletcher then?

Elkchester Road 05-07-2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2720988)
The guys just won the Derby with a modestly bred, very low priced colt. Sure, he gets great horses, but he's done great work with others too. Real Quiet comes to mind right away.

There you go with those facts again, cj. :);)

AndyC 05-07-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingAnon (Post 2721015)
Obviously he is talented, but he is entering 2-3 horses against each other in races like the Kentucky Derby and seems to have a horse in almost every big stakes race. Of course he's going to have more wins than others will. This is on top of having access to many of the top horses, which furthers his chances of getting wins.


And he has the horses to enter because he is so good. If he hadn't demonstrated his ability to train he simply wouldn't have the horses. To knock him for entering many horses is brushing aside the reason he has the horses to enter!

AndyC 05-07-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2721001)
The only real knock against Baffert is he hasn't had a real grass star. Even Wayne Lukas eventually demonstrated he could train top grass horses.

But for racing on dirt- yeah, he's the GOAT. And it's not just the TC success with royally bred horses. He has had success with modestly bred horses, he can manage a horse over a long career (see Game on Dude), etc.


True about the grass with Baffert, but I think that is entirely attributable to his focus on the big dirt races. I am not aware that he ever made any serious attempts at obtaining grass runners for his stable.

cj 05-07-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyC (Post 2721024)
True about the grass with Baffert, but I think that is entirely attributable to his focus on the big dirt races. I am not aware that he ever made any serious attempts at obtaining grass runners for his stable.

Also looks like he has a pretty good one in Du Jour, 3yo that won a stakes on Derby day.

46zilzal 05-07-2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2720988)
The guy just won the Derby with a modestly bred, very low priced colt. Sure, he gets great horses, but he's done great work with others too. Real Quiet comes to mind right away.

A colt won that race not a human

PaceAdvantage 05-07-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46zilzal (Post 2721049)
A colt won that race not a human

Dick post...just sayin'

cj 05-07-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46zilzal (Post 2721049)
A colt won that race not a human

Owners win races, jockeys win races, trainers win races, horses win races, even breeders win races. They are all a team (save maybe breeders in most cases). No horse wins alone just like no human wins without the horse.

So yea, dick post.

dilanesp 05-07-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2721037)
Also looks like he has a pretty good one in Du Jour, 3yo that won a stakes on Derby day.

It will be fun to see what he can do with him.

the little guy 05-08-2021 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46zilzal (Post 2720985)
Ah more historical perspective LOST

HARDLY...when you get the BEST horses (like the Jones's did at Calumet or Woody got for years) of course you will do well.

Bedwell, Sheppard, Laz, Shug, Frankle, Aidan O’Brien, Fitzsimmons, Whittingham, Jerkins, Max Hirsch

You did spell eight of their names correctly, so there's that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wagering Pool with best chance to find an overlay.
Win - 36.36%
20 Votes
Place - 3.64%
2 Votes
Show - 9.09%
5 Votes
Exacta - 30.91%
17 Votes
Trifecta - 7.27%
4 Votes
Superfexta - 1.82%
1 Vote
Pick(x) - 10.91%
6 Votes
Hi 5 Pentafecta - 0%
0 Votes
Total Votes: 55
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.