PDA

View Full Version : LaBrea

Tom
12-26-2012, 11:56 AM
:5: My Miss A - cuts back to 7 after first loss in BC. No value here.
:1: Momma Kimbo - had a nice prep after a layoff, shown good runs at longer, the one turn 7 ight be her cup of tea.

Simple exs here 5/1 80% 1/5 20%

Exotic1
12-26-2012, 03:11 PM
My Miss A - Cuts back.

Reneesgotzip - MMA has to reel in Reneesgotzip who was severely compromised in the Skillful Joy last time. Nechez Dawn was the dominant speed in that one, while breaking from outside off of turf sprints. Negative speed day and trip were all against Renee. Slower than MMA but she may have the lead turning for home after Nechez gives it up.

Book Review - 1st time Baffert. Her 6/20/12 and 7/24/12 numbers are good enough to run second. If Baffert adds speed to her, she'll be making a move about the same time MMA does.

Overlay
12-26-2012, 03:21 PM
I'd say that equipment and connections will be the keys to the LaBrea, which should be won by a horse with shoes that can handle the tar, and a jockey who can navigate around all the dinosaur bones. :)

woodtoo
12-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Liking the :1: at 10/1 toss in :6: place show

turninforhome10
12-26-2012, 04:47 PM
RE"MMA
Nakatani compromised all chances by following that speed duel. Would not let him ride any good horses as his "I can't loose attitude" cost her all the money and set her back most likely. What a moron. Would like to hear the barn chat after that debacle.

VeryOldMan
12-26-2012, 04:53 PM
I'd say that equipment and connections will be the keys to the LaBrea, which should be won by a horse with shoes that can handle the tar, and a jockey who can navigate around all the dinosaur bones. :)

This comment is the pits ;)

I'll give Book Review credit but want to rewatch that ride on MMA.

Some_One
12-26-2012, 04:56 PM
RE"MMA
Nakatani compromised all chances by following that speed duel. Would not let him ride any good horses as his "I can't loose attitude" cost her all the money and set her back most likely. What a moron. Would like to hear the barn chat after that debacle.

I've been looking at a angle where horses less than 2.5-1 are tosses if the jock/trainer has poor ratings, this race seemed to support that theory, lol.

turninforhome10
12-26-2012, 05:00 PM
I've been looking at a angle where horses less than 2.5-1 are tosses if the jock/trainer has poor ratings, this race seemed to support that theory, lol.
I would say that Julien LaP is probably going to become first call. Could be a good chance for Maldanado?

Tom
12-26-2012, 05:08 PM
:1: nothing early, less late.
:5: I wouldn't give this one an eclipse

Thank GOD my SA experience is over in an hour.

Some_One
12-26-2012, 05:10 PM
I would say that Julien LaP is probably going to become first call. Could be a good chance for Maldanado?

Edwin didn't win any marks with me with his ride, exiting the turn, he took his dying horse from the 2 path and took her 4 wide like she was going to rerally (really you thought she had something left?!?!) and right into the path of the winner who had to check/swerve.

turninforhome10
12-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Edwin didn't win any marks with me with his ride, exiting the turn, he took his dying horse from the 2 path and took her 4 wide like she was going to rerally (really you thought she had something left?!?!) and right into the path of the winner who had to check/swerve.
Talking about a chance for Edwin to get into Assmussen's barn, nothing in reference to the race. Besides, the horse was 34-1 who never had real dirt kicked in her face. He knew he had no horse and wanted to stay out of the way of anybody who had a shot. Watch how he is looking where to back up. Have no idea how you got that remark from my post.
Funny that he won the riding title at BHP as he must be doing something right.