PDA

View Full Version : Liberal TV Commentator breaks DC Gun law, under investigation

Tom
12-26-2012, 10:42 AM
:lol: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/26/david-gregory-police-investigation_n_2364637.html :lol:

David Gregory is being investigated by police over the gun clip that he showed on Sunday's "Meet the Press."

Ironic, while conducting a completely biased interview, Gregory himself is the only one on the set who is violating the local gun law.

Hey Dicky, what a hypocrite you are - no respect for the law at all!:lol:

What they should be investigating him for is impersonating a journalist.

Robert Goren
12-26-2012, 12:44 PM
If Gregory broke the law, he should be treated like anyone else. I can guarantee one thing though, it is not Gregory having the clip that has the gun nuts upset. It was the question he asked that they do not want answered in front of a national audience. At least be honest enough to admit that.

Tom
12-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Gregory has not one ounce of journalistic integrity in him.

Robert Goren
12-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Gregory has not one ounce of journalistic integrity in him. Typical of a conservative to attack the questioner when they don't like the question(s). It is their oldest trick.

ArlJim78
12-26-2012, 01:51 PM
so a guy who sends his kids to schools with plenty of armed security then proceeds to knowingly break existing gun laws, goes on TV to scoff at the idea of putting armed officers in schools and advocates for more gun laws?

I'd ask if he is mentally ill but he's a liberal journalist and the two go hand in hand.

dartman51
12-26-2012, 01:52 PM
If Gregory broke the law, he should be treated like anyone else. I can guarantee one thing though, it is not Gregory having the clip that has the gun nuts upset. It was the question he asked that they do not want answered in front of a national audience. At least be honest enough to admit that.

Unless you're facing someone with a gun, the size of clip you have, makes NO difference. It takes 2 seconds to change a clip. How much can one do, in that 2 seconds, to protect themselves, unless they have their own gun. :ThmbUp:

Tom
12-26-2012, 02:09 PM
If we outlaw high capacity magazines, only David Gregory will have high capacity magazines.

mostpost
12-26-2012, 02:11 PM
:lol: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/26/david-gregory-police-investigation_n_2364637.html :lol:

Ironic, while conducting a completely biased interview, Gregory himself is the only one on the set who is violating the local gun law.

Only in your world would David Gregory be considered a liberal TV commentator.
Moderate to conservative would be a more accurate description.

mostpost
12-26-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't particularly like David Gregory. SO I am not defending him as a liberal journalist, which he is not. But this whole thing is ridiculous. The purpose of the law is that a person with a gun not have a high capacity magazine with which to shoot multiple persons. For the police to say that Meet The Press could not have such a magazine for demonstration purposes on a TV show is misguided at best.

Even more bizarre are the comments here that David Gregory is a hypocrite because he held a magazine that he is opposed to others owning. Well, he didn't own this one either. It is laughable the things you guys get upset about. Or...maybe...you thought they were talking about Dick Gregory. Angry black man with a gun and all that. :rolleyes:

Tom
12-26-2012, 02:30 PM
For the police to say that Meet The Press could not have such a magazine for demonstration purposes on a TV show is misguided at best.

The law is very specific and Gregory clearly is in violation.
This ain't Chicago here in the East!

No need to play your race card here, mostie.
Although, it is a typical lib fall back......thank you for reminding us all how racist you libs can be. Even when race was never mentioned.

fast4522
12-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Gregory has not one ounce of journalistic integrity in him.

No doubt in four years he will be under consideration for moderating a Presidential debate.

boxcar
12-26-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't particularly like David Gregory. SO I am not defending him as a liberal journalist, which he is not. But this whole thing is ridiculous. The purpose of the law is that a person with a gun not have a high capacity magazine with which to shoot multiple persons. For the police to say that Meet The Press could not have such a magazine for demonstration purposes on a TV show is misguided at best.

Even more bizarre are the comments here that David Gregory is a hypocrite because he held a magazine that he is opposed to others owning. Well, he didn't own this one either. It is laughable the things you guys get upset about. Or...maybe...you thought they were talking about Dick Gregory. Angry black man with a gun and all that. :rolleyes:

You want to talk about "purpose"? The intent behind the 2nd Amendment was clearly not to advocate hunting.

So, David did own the mag, eh? Are you suggesting he stole it? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
12-26-2012, 04:54 PM

You are beyond help. Congratulations. :rolleyes:

Now that I got that off my chest, I will agree with Mostpost - David Gregory is not my idea of a liberal journalist either. And, aside from his supposed political slant, Gregory is a lousy interviewer in my opinion. I stopped watching Meet The Press after he took over because I much prefer to watch Bob Schieffer's interviews on CBS and/or Howard Kurtz (Reliable Sources) on CNN.

johnhannibalsmith
12-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Only in your world would David Gregory be considered a liberal TV commentator.
Moderate to conservative would be a more accurate description.

Yeah. That's why MSNBC ditched that liberal Tucker Carlson and his show to make room for Gregory back after he was about done grilling eight years of Bush. Right when the network really decided to go hard left, they figured it would be a good time to replace a conservative pundit with another conservative pundit. Yep indeed.

I'll buy this line and the one from NJ if your idea of liberal is completely idiotic Democratic Party fawning like Mz. Maddow. So he doesn't come across as a complete baboon with one functional eye and tries to challenge some liberal rhetoric on Sunday's to claim integrity. Yeah. But, conservative? Come on. I've never seen anything to suggest that he's remotely conservative in the sense that you like to interpret it. Didn't you watch his MSNBC show during the 2008 election?

HUSKER55
12-26-2012, 06:07 PM
robert, are you telling us liberals don't do the same thing?

Robert Goren
12-26-2012, 07:18 PM
robert, are you telling us liberals don't do the same thing?No and it just is fustrating when you can't get striaght answer to a simple question from a liberal.

Tom
12-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Hey Goren, ask a straight question you might get a straight answer.
While Gregory was berating him for suggesting that we have the audacity to put armed guards in our schools.

Turns out, Dicky-boy must be related to Rosie - he send HIS kids to a private school that has ARMED GUARDS.

Just more the same BS fro the left.
BS, BS, BS.

Libs or losers :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tom
12-27-2012, 03:29 PM
So does Obama.
Must be something to it, huh?

Tom
12-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Guess who else packed heat?

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/12/19/harry-reid-in-2004-i-carried-a-gun-with-me-everywhere-i-went/

Appearing with then-NRA VP Wayne LaPierre at an opening of a shooting park in Clark County, Nevada, Reid fondly recalled the days of sport shooting with his three brothers, and how Reid protected himself against “a lot of bad people” while serving on the Nevada Gaming Commission:

Robert Goren
12-27-2012, 03:37 PM
So does Obama.
Must be something to it, huh?So now you want Secret Service agents at every School?

Saratoga_Mike
12-27-2012, 06:19 PM
So does Obama.
Must be something to it, huh?

...while doing away with school vouchers for really poor kids in DC, no?

Tape Reader
12-27-2012, 08:07 PM
While Gregory was berating him for suggesting that we have the audacity to put armed guards in our schools.

Turns out, Dicky-boy must be related to Rosie - he send HIS kids to a private school that has ARMED GUARDS.

I have been to several Christmas parties this week and I am amazed at how it is repeated verbatim: "Next the NRA will want armed guards at fire houses."

Don't they see how they are being used? Wake up! What happened to the sixty's "Question authority"? These are our children that are being used for the elite's control.

Saratoga_Mike
12-28-2012, 09:27 AM
I have been to several Christmas parties this week and I am amazed at how it is repeated verbatim: "Next the NRA will want armed guards at fire houses."

Don't they see how they are being used? Wake up! What happened to the sixty's "Question authority"? These are our children that are being used for the elite's control.

The NRA would certainly support such an effort. You believe they would oppose it? If so, why?

dartman51
12-28-2012, 01:52 PM

The sixties would have been much different, if we had 24/7 news channels and the internet, with all of it's forums and blogs. :ThmbUp:

Tape Reader
12-28-2012, 07:03 PM
The NRA would certainly support such an effort. You believe they would oppose it? If so, why?

My comment was in agreement with TOM: The elite have their children protected, but dumbed down parents stupidly regurgitate the "cool quotes" they hear on TV. Example: "Next the NRA will want armed guards at fire houses." (It was meant sarcastically.)

ArlJim78
12-28-2012, 09:11 PM
I see that the 'conservative' David Gregory will be interviewing Obama on this Sunday's episode of Meet The Democrats.

I'm guessing he won't be flashing any magazines on the set this week and that he'll be just as determined and aggressive going after Obama as he was when he interviewed LaPierre.:rolleyes:

JustRalph
12-28-2012, 09:53 PM
So now you want Secret Service agents at every School?

There are thousands of schools who already have officers assigned. They are called resource officers. I was working this job on a rotating basis in the late 80's right up through 1996. It was then that a permanent officer was assigned
(no more rotating officers daily) and the more forward thinking schools went to this program.

This was ten years prior to Columbine. It's called being proactive, using foresight or just plain good sense.

No reason at all schools and local police couldn't implement this just about everywhere. But once again, that would be reactive. Too late. As usual.

Security is the business of pre planning. Why one of the richest areas of the country didn't plan ahead is beyond me.

Tom
12-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Whatever, it is a LOCAL issue, NOT a federal issue.

The feds have no business period in our schools, for any reason.
If School District 41 in NYS wants to have an armed cop, guard, resource officer, whatever, it is NO ONE's business but theirs.

Robert Goren
12-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Whatever, it is a LOCAL issue, NOT a federal issue.

The feds have no business period in our schools, for any reason.
If School District 41 in NYS wants to have an armed cop, guard, resource officer, whatever, it is NO ONE's business but theirs. you bet dimes to dollars that if SD41 has an armed guard at their school, they will want the federal government to pay for him. That would true whether the school is in NYS or Alabama or Nebraska.

Tom
12-29-2012, 12:20 PM
How many could we hire with the Solyndra pay-off money?
Maybe we could use the money Obama got selling those guns to the Mexican drug cartels?

mostpost
12-29-2012, 04:11 PM
How many could we hire with the Solyndra pay-off money?
Maybe we could use the money Obama got selling those guns to the Mexican drug cartels?
Obama never sold any guns to Mexican drug cartels. The guns were sold by private gun dealers. One small office of the ATF allowed the sales in order to track the guns. It was a bad idea which did not originate in Washington DC.
Your ignorance on these matters is appalling. Your ignorance on any matter is appalling.

HUSKER55
12-29-2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-20039031.html

ACCORDING TO THE LINK ABOVE THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT IN DC KNEW OF IT. IT IS ABOUT 3/4 OF THE WAY THROUGH THE ARTICLE.

Tom
12-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Your ignorance on these matters is appalling. Your ignorance on any matter is appalling.

Your lying about it doesn't change anything - this ain't no union meeting where they buy all the BS you dish out.

Postal Parrot......delivering First Class BS!

TJDave
12-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Did they arrest the guy for the magazine?

Tom
12-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Not that I have heard, but they must - if they want to have any credibility talking about gun control.

Oh, wait.....they already have no credibility on ANYTHING!:D