pick a horse that shows that day to survive to next day
last alive gets $3K

http://www.santaanita.com/content/showvivor

davew
01-03-2013, 07:46 AM
contest starts tomorrow

Greyfox
01-03-2013, 10:19 AM
If they really cared about this contest, you'd think that the high paid help would have read their rules.

From the site:

"Contest begins at 12:45 p.m. PST, Friday, January 4, and ends with the last race of the 2012 Santa Anita Autumn Meet, on April 21, 2013 or earlier when contest is decided.":rolleyes:

They repeat the error later on the same page.

"Winner Selection Visit ShowVivor (http://www.santaanita.com/showvivor), sign up, then select one horse on each of the remaining race days of the 2012 Autumn Santa Anita live meet (through Sunday, April 21, 2013" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

davew
01-03-2013, 10:46 AM
I guess a disadvantage of taking last years rules and just changing dates

davew
02-23-2013, 01:34 PM
another round starting today - maybe I can last longer this time....

Jay Trotter
02-23-2013, 04:47 PM
I went with #2 Splendid Fortune in the 4th to open things up.

Zydeco
02-23-2013, 05:19 PM
I went with #2 Splendid Fortune in the 4th to open things up.
So did I. Damn the bad luck!

Jay Trotter
02-23-2013, 05:23 PM
I went with #2 Splendid Fortune in the 4th to open things up.LOL............and I'm out! Sheesh!!! :bang:

davew
03-03-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm still in - today is going to be a bloodbath - 1st time top horse did not make it (during this contest - day 6 today), but many horses didn't show today - probably under 400 left after next couple races.

jdhanover
03-04-2013, 12:44 AM
349..knew today was tough. Glad Unusual jazz won the opener...I had him in the contest.

I made it to the final 16 in the first contest, getting knocked out on a terrible jockey ride (horse finished 4th by a head). Fun contest, but not easy.

Much tougher contest than people think it will be.

davew
03-11-2013, 11:35 PM
another week down - only 153 still in

I am doing good this time
7 wins 3 places so far
ranked 4 as e1cnr

horses4courses
03-11-2013, 11:55 PM
another week down - only 153 still in

I am doing good this time
7 wins 3 places so far
ranked 4 as e1cnr

Terrific!
That's a tough contest.
Hope you go all the way :ThmbUp:

davew
03-16-2013, 10:18 PM
75 left today, and another 20 would have been eliminated from their picks except they forgot to close the entries/changes until after the 2nd race ended. Apparently some people left noticed this error and I get this email ->

Fans,
Thank you for playing ShowVivor. Unfortunately, there was an error that didn't turn off the contest in time today. Several players made selections after the cut off time.

Therefore, we are declaring today a "no contest." All contestants will go on to tomorrow, Sunday, March 17 without receiving credit for the day.

We realize that you work very hard to make your daily selections, and we apologize for this issue.

DON'T FORGET TO MAKE YOUR PICK FOR TOMORROW (SUNDAY, MARCH 17). YOU CAN DO THAT NOW: http://www.santaanita.com/content/showvivor (http://www.santaanita.com/content/showvivor)

horses4courses
03-16-2013, 10:47 PM
75 left today, and another 20 would have been eliminated from their picks except they forgot to close the entries/changes until after the 2nd race ended. Apparently some people left noticed this error and I get this email ->

Fans,
Thank you for playing ShowVivor. Unfortunately, there was an error that didn't turn off the contest in time today. Several players made selections after the cut off time.

Therefore, we are declaring today a "no contest." All contestants will go on to tomorrow, Sunday, March 17 without receiving credit for the day.

We realize that you work very hard to make your daily selections, and we apologize for this issue.

DON'T FORGET TO MAKE YOUR PICK FOR TOMORROW (SUNDAY, MARCH 17). YOU CAN DO THAT NOW: http://www.santaanita.com/content/showvivor (http://www.santaanita.com/content/showvivor)

That's pretty lame :ThmbDown:

maclr11
03-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Yea 20 eliminated but what about the 3 guys who changed their pick to 20/1 warrens Morgan
Santa Anita did the right thing
And I had advanced yesterday too

horses4courses
03-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Yea 20 eliminated but what about the 3 guys who changed their pick to 20/1 warrens Morgan
Santa Anita did the right thing
And I had advanced yesterday too

I believe that SA would have done the right thing had they disqualified anyone with a late entry.
Everyone knows the rules, and has agreed to abide by them.

maclr11
03-17-2013, 12:22 PM
They don't have the entries time stamped
When you get your conformation email they don't give you a time
If they had time stamped entries then I agree but since they don't they did the best they could which was fair for all
They made a mistake and admitted it
Who knows what everyone really had at post time so cancelling was really the only option

davew
03-18-2013, 12:05 PM
my confirmation email is instantaneous and has a time - but not sure if from outgoing service or incoming. Probably a few 2nd race choices changed as well. The opportunity to change previous selection was available, so most of the changeswere probably after an initial pick. Their outgoing email from the contest probably could have been used, since only 75 players left rather than when they started. No use complaining, they make the rules, a fun contest, and alot of effort involved on their part.

I originally emailed asking about problem, because now all selections are listed, and it is more fun watching races. ->

David,
We are looking into the issue and will get back to shortly.

Thanks,
Andrew Arthur
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 1:20 PM
To: Arthur, Andrew
Subject: Re: Santa Anita ShowVivor pick confirmation

2 races already ran, why hasn't choice selection been closed?

----- Original Message -----
To: XX my email XX
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:26:34 AM
Subject: Santa Anita ShowVivor pick confirmation

David ,

You have chosen the following horse for the Santa Anita ShowVivor contest:

March 16th, 2013 - Race 7 - #03 Joyful Victory

Thanks for playing and good luck!

Anyway, another week down, only 66 players left, no eliminations Saturday, 4 Friday, and yesterday 5 did not submit (maybe they did not get no contest email?).

davew
03-22-2013, 05:38 PM
I just got knocked out in the 4th, feels like a bridge jump that didn't make it.

Anyway, should probably end ranked in the top 50...

davew
04-07-2013, 06:16 PM
they are still going - the week started with 7 handicappers and ended with 5 handicappers.

jdhanover
04-08-2013, 12:04 AM
I got knocked out of the first contest on a bad ride (horse missed 3d by a neck). That hurt...I was 16th. sooooooo close