PDA

View Full Version : AQU Sat

SAL
01-31-2004, 12:26 PM
Picks for Aqueduct Saturday:

R1 - #4 Look Out Joe-Realistically placed for first try against winners. Ran on pretty well contesting a decent pace. Trainer/jock combo a good one too.

R2 - #1 The Clown-Tough to go against this entry here. Dutrow switches jocks on this one for the score.

R3 - #7 Portlandate-I imagine Luzzi will try for the lead here, it’s up for grabs. Had trouble last time and comes out of a strong heat two back.

R4 - #5 Orka-Timely claim by top barn, runner can run on or off pace.

More to come…..

SAL
01-31-2004, 01:30 PM
R5 - #8 Neon Jet-Made a wide move while racing greenly. Barn does so-so with 2nd time out, but he should improve here with the experience.

R6 - #9 Key Solution-Have to go against the ML favorite here. A One Rocket ran his eyeballs out last time, opening up in a speed laden field with a wicked half to win. That was his second huge race in a row, and some would say a bounce is likely. If I’m wrong he’ll crush this field. Key Solution is my pick amongst the others. He’s lightly raced and should be in the second flight behind the favorite.

R7 - #4 Skip Queen-Could be the “speed of speed” in this race. Jock should send from this post.

R8 - #1a Maud Gonne-Barn does well with the sprint/route move. Shows a good upward pattern off the extended layoff. Bred to route, her only other try at the distance can be excused because of the off going. I don’t think she’ll go off favored because they scratched her entrymate.

R9 - #7 Balmy-Can’t fault her record on this surface. Ran some figs last summer that would be competitive in this field. Morning drills look good.

R10 - #7 One Momento-Ran well last time with drop. I think he’ll be perfectly placed behind the multiple frontrunners here, and get first jump on the deep closers.