PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Park Race 10

Rise Over Run
12-22-2012, 01:59 PM
A little disappointed that morning line favorite # :8: scratched out as I was not a big fan of this horse. Miss Tapit # :4: comes in off of a 2 month rest and dons blinkers for the first time, which is a big positive for Trainer Orseno. A nice set of works including 4f from the gate to sharpen speed and 1 mile breeze signify fitness. Had a very interesting trip last time out and the chart doesn't really tell the entire story. She was within 1 length of the pace ~100 yards into the race when she took the worst of the left hand turn out of the Belmont chute and was shuffled back to the rear of the field. Finally got outside of horses midway through the stretch and was doing some real running at the finish. Luis Saez has been riding well so far at Gulfstream. I hope the plan is to put Miss Tapit right on the front end as there is almost no speed signed up in this field.

Win :4:

An interesting side not is that half sisters (and :1: :1a: entry mates) try to break their maiden in the same race.

Beachbabe
12-22-2012, 02:34 PM
The :4: is my second choice.
I picked the :9: Expressively, who, I imagine, will be odds on. Obviously something wrong with her. Purchased for $370k, now running for 35k; but it's Mott off a layoff & the horse has a 3rd & a 2nd against this type, albeit on synthetic.

Good luck, "Rise".

Rise Over Run
12-22-2012, 05:26 PM
WWCD - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

Beachbabe
12-22-2012, 05:30 PM

Nice !!!

Another of my picks where the horse is dead last & this time jock has to make a zillion-wide move. :bang:

Midnight Cruiser
12-22-2012, 05:35 PM

Nice Hit ROR. Whatcha got as a stocking stuffer for manana?