PDA

View Full Version : Robert Bork, RIP

DJofSD
12-19-2012, 10:48 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/19/robert-bork-former-supreme-court-nominee-dies/

Robert Bork, former federal judge and Supreme Court nominee, has died, his family confirms to FoxNews.com.

Family members said Bork, 85, died early Wednesday morning. He had a history of heart problems and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, a lung condition.

His funeral is scheduled for Saturday.

Bork was among the most polarizing figures in American law and conservative politics for more than four decades. When Bork was solicitor general in 1973, he fired Archibald Cox as a special prosecutor on the order of President Richard Nixon to help in the Watergate cover-up.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/19/robert-bork-former-supreme-court-nominee-dies/#ixzz2FVtB5U3L

More at the link.

Overlay
12-19-2012, 10:57 AM
He'll be remembered whenever a Republican president sends the name of a cabinet or court appointee to the Senate for confirmation, and the knee-jerk response of the left is, "We're going to bork this nominee."

Tom
12-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Another victim of the brain-dead left.
RIP - you would have made the current justices look like idiots.
Oh, wait....they are!

fast4522
12-19-2012, 02:44 PM
For lack of an appropriate comment, some you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeN7fZE7EPo

hcap
12-19-2012, 08:26 PM
UnSwKult6_w?
He fired Archibald Cox under orders from Richard "I am not a crook" Nixon
Another victim of the brain-dead left.
RIP - you would have made the current justices look like idiots.
Oh, wait....they are!I thought we agreed on Watergate. Nixon stepped over the line. Bork was his helper.

Tom
12-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Still, he was attacked by that fat drunkard pervert Ted Kennedy, so he gets a pass. Anyone that rat-bastard did not like is a-ok in my book.

When you draw the line at low-lifes - Teddy-boy is the benchmark.

fast4522
12-20-2012, 03:13 PM
At least he was a good swimmer.

DJofSD
12-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Given the following table and using the labels in broad manner,
[/FONT]
Drugs
Love Hate
+-------------------------
G Love | ?1 conservatives
u |
n Hate | liberals ?2
s |

(1) are there people that are in either group "?1" or "?2"?

(2) what descriptive labels would be used for either "?1" or "?2"?

cosmo96
12-20-2012, 04:35 PM
I would like to stay out of this forum, and just do the horses, but Tom, you are outrageous. I am not going to defend Kennedy, but it is awful that you have such malice and hatred toward the deceased senator. I may not agree with our politicians, but I do not hate any of them. I may not agree, but I like to think notable politicians have the best interests of the people in mind. This goes for Democrats, Republicans, liberals, conservatives, Bork, and Kennedy. My Catholic faith teaches me compassion, forgivness, and acceptance. My prayers and condolances go to the Bork family.

ArlJim78
12-20-2012, 05:15 PM
I don't see how anyone can respect Kennedy, a truly despicable person. He only gets mentioned here because of the vindictive and outrageous lies he spouted about judge Bork.

Robert Goren
12-20-2012, 05:26 PM
I have policy of speaking ill of the dead until after the funeral. Bork's funeral is on Saturday. This thread is really putting me to the test. The only thing I will say at this point is that it has been reported that Bork found God late in his life. I hope that is true.

fast4522
12-20-2012, 08:10 PM
I would like to stay out of this forum, and just do the horses, but Tom, you are outrageous. I am not going to defend Kennedy, but it is awful that you have such malice and hatred toward the deceased senator. I may not agree with our politicians, but I do not hate any of them. I may not agree, but I like to think notable politicians have the best interests of the people in mind. This goes for Democrats, Republicans, liberals, conservatives, Bork, and Kennedy. My Catholic faith teaches me compassion, forgivness, and acceptance. My prayers and condolances go to the Bork family.

Tom's ok in my book, so you see cosmo96, sometime dead is better. Mind you if all you can find fault with in someone is he drinks JD strait up and he likes the ladies then I'd could not fault the man, but the SOB was a monster.

Tom
12-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Kennedy can answer for his actions here on earth.
I have no doubt where he is today, he truly believes in Global Warming.

My Catholic faith tells me there is a Hell for those who deserve it. I take comfort knowing that.