PDA

View Full Version : Person of the year 2012... "the architect of this new America."

sammy the sage
12-19-2012, 10:00 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/time-person-2012-obama-133203678.html

Discuss...

Tom
12-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Art Vandelay is more like it.
George Costanza could have done a better job.
All this moron has "architeched" is a massive hole that is getting deeper and deeper. Any idiot can spend money, and this one has done nothing else.
Man of the year? :lol:
He should be on America's Most Wanted - for grand theft robbery.

fast4522
12-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Exactly who is Time owned by?

Actor
12-19-2012, 01:23 PM
This is not a complete list but former recipients include:

Charles Lindbergh
Mahatma Gandhi
Franklin D. Roosevelt (only three time recipient)
Wallis Simpson
Adolf Hitler
Joseph Stalin (twice)
Winston Churchill (twice)
Dwight D. Eisenhower (twice)
Harry S. Truman (twice)
Elizabeth II
Nikita Khrushchev
John F. Kennedy
Richard Nixon (twice)
Ayatollah Khomeini

Criteria for selection is vague. Wallis Simpson's lifetime achievement was to seduce the king of England. The presence of Hitler, Stalin and Ayatollah Khomeini on the list makes it clear that selection is not based on positive factors. I think how many headlines the person generates is a big factor.

US Presidents almost automatically make the list. Since its inception the only ones not to make the list are Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover and Gerald Ford. Personally I think selecting the president is sheer laziness on the part of Time's staff. There seems to be a rule that the President gets selected once for each term.

Actor
12-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Exactly who is Time owned by?Time Magazine is owned by Time Warner, a publicly traded corporation. Its CEO is Jeffrey L. Bewkes.

johnhannibalsmith
12-19-2012, 01:30 PM
... Personally I think selecting the president is sheer laziness on the part of Time's staff. ...

Precisely. Laziness and the realization that this useless rag will get hours of free promotion on the news, as well as sub-arguments over its validity given the nature of politics, if they pick someone like the President. Lazy journalism and profit driven, in my opinion.

fast4522
12-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Right, just saying. :lol: :lol:

BlueShoe
12-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Man of the year? :lol:
He should be on America's Most Wanted - for grand theft robbery.
Shining example of why politicians should serve two terms; one in office and one in jail.:rolleyes:

Valuist
12-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Any award that Sandra Fluke is under consideration for, has zero credibility.

BlueShoe
12-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Any award that Sandra Fluke is under consideration for, has zero credibility.
Bimbo of the Year award consideration would merit her major contender status.

Robert Goren
12-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Obama is the easy choice. There was nobody else even in the race. Who do the bitchers think should have won it? Some conservative loser like Mitt? I suppose they could have given it to the head of the NRA. That organization has been helpful to so many people who made headlines this year.:rolleyes:

fast4522
12-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Right. :lol: :lol:

Quit trashing President Obama’s accomplishments.
Quit trashing President Obama’s accomplishments. He has done more than any other President before him. He has an impressive list of accomplishments:

First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.

First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.

First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States

First President to violate the War Powers Act. .

First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico .

First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.

First President to spend a trillion dollars on ‘shovel-ready’ jobs when there was no such thing as ‘shovel-ready’ jobs.

First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.

First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.

First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S. , including those with criminal convictions.

First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.

First President to tell a CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) to resign.

First President to terminate America ‘s ability to put a man in space.

First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that America is no longer a Christian nation.

First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.

First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.

First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke-out on the reasons for their rate increases.

First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory.

First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).

First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.

First President to actively try to bankrupt an American industry (coal).

First President to fire an inspector general of Ameri-Corps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.

First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.

First President to surround himself with radical left wing anarchists.

First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, 102 to date.

First President to hide his medical, educational and travel records.

First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.

First President to go on multiple global “apology tours” and concurrent “insult our friends” tours.

First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends paid for by the taxpayer.

First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.

First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.

First President to repeat the Holy Quran & tell us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth.

First President to tell the military men and women that they should pay for their own private insurance because they “volunteered to go to war and knew the consequences”.

Then he was the First President to tell the members of the military that THEY were UNPATRIOTIC for balking at the last suggestion.

First President to side with a foreign nation over one of the American 50 states ( Mexico vs Arizona ).

How is this hope and change working out for you?

Robert Goren
12-19-2012, 03:01 PM
How is this hope and change working out for you?Better than compasionate conservatism did. ;)

johnhannibalsmith
12-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Obama is the easy choice. There was nobody else even in the race. Who do the bitchers think should have won it? Some conservative loser like Mitt? I suppose they could have given it to the head of the NRA. That organization has been helpful to so many people who made headlines this year.:rolleyes:

You can't think of any people other than Obama, Mitt, and naturally, the NRA, that may have been newsworthy and interesting as far as their impact in calendar year 2012?

John Roberts? I mean, his role in the most important Supreme Court decision in years and the deciding human in the President's only actual domestic policy of note in four years isn't exactly nothing.

But he wasn't even on the short list - we had Apple CEOs, Yahoo! CEOs, a particle of matter, the Clinton mafia, America's puppet government head in Egypt Morsi...

I mean even the candidate list sucked. The only one that was worth three dead ants was the girl that got shot in the head by the Taliban. But, she won't sell papers.

I think with an editorial staff and a few months to hash it out, a guy or gal could probably dream up some people that arguably deserved the recognition more than a guy that spent literally the entire year repeating the same five lines in campaign stump speeches.

Tom
12-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Rush Limbaugh!

Tom
12-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Or, how about Antonio Cromarti......the only NY Jet who has scored this year! :lol:

BlueShoe
12-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Too big to quote, but post #12 gets my vote for Post of the Month, or perhaps even the entire year. :ThmbUp: :jump:

Rookies
12-19-2012, 06:28 PM
The EASY choice in 2008 was the President!

The EASY choice in 2012 is Malala Yousufzai.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/malala-yousufzai-pakistani-girl-killed-taliban-rushed-uk/story?id=17479249

(But, skewed by America not knowing who she is... Obama again.)

She will easily win the Nobel Peace Prize.

cj's dad
12-19-2012, 07:30 PM
This is not a complete list but former recipients include:

Charles Lindbergh
Mahatma Gandhi
Franklin D. Roosevelt (only three time recipient)
Wallis Simpson
Adolf Hitler
Joseph Stalin (twice)
Winston Churchill (twice)
Dwight D. Eisenhower (twice)
Harry S. Truman (twice)
Elizabeth II
Nikita Khrushchev
John F. Kennedy
Richard Nixon (twice)
Ayatollah Khomeini
Criteria for selection is vague. Wallis Simpson's lifetime achievement was to seduce the king of England. The presence of Hitler, Stalin and Ayatollah Khomeini on the list makes it clear that selection is not based on positive factors. I think how many headlines the person generates is a big factor.

US Presidents almost automatically make the list. Since its inception the only ones not to make the list are Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover and Gerald Ford. Personally I think selecting the president is sheer laziness on the part of Time's staff. There seems to be a rule that the President gets selected once for each term.`

Her middle name was warfield which is the family name of the woman I married. So as you can see, cj is a member of the royal family. He is, by my best count 128th from being the king of England! :rolleyes:

FantasticDan
12-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Too big to quote, but post #12 gets my vote for Post of the Month, or perhaps even the entire year. :ThmbUp: :jump:You realize it's just an old spam copy & paste job, right? And (naturally) full of BS?

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-report-card.htm

NJ Stinks
12-19-2012, 09:08 PM
You can't think of any people other than Obama, Mitt, and naturally, the NRA, that may have been newsworthy and interesting as far as their impact in calendar year 2012?

John Roberts? I mean, his role in the most important Supreme Court decision in years and the deciding human in the President's only actual domestic policy of note in four years isn't exactly nothing.

But he wasn't even on the short list - we had Apple CEOs, Yahoo! CEOs, a particle of matter, the Clinton mafia, America's puppet government head in Egypt Morsi...

I mean even the candidate list sucked. The only one that was worth three dead ants was the girl that got shot in the head by the Taliban. But, she won't sell papers.

I think with an editorial staff and a few months to hash it out, a guy or gal could probably dream up some people that arguably deserved the recognition more than a guy that spent literally the entire year repeating the same five lines in campaign stump speeches.

Cry me a river. Obama wins hands down - at 4/9 if you're keeping score! :lol:

And as far as John Roberts goes, I thought everybody knows that nobody knows how effective Obamacare is gonna be or not be. For that big "if" Roberts climbs over Barack as Man Of The Year in 2012? Not bloody likely, amigo.

johnhannibalsmith
12-19-2012, 09:24 PM
And as far as John Roberts goes, I thought everybody knows that nobody knows how effective Obamacare is gonna be or not be. For that big "if" Roberts climbs over Barack as Man Of The Year in 2012? Not bloody likely, amigo.

The guy made, with one bizarre rendering, the actual Man of the Year's.... whole ****ing year!

It is being held up as not just needed or important legislation, but, "LANDMARK LEGISLATION!" This is a big ****ing deal, amigo. Sosh Security, Food Stamps, DisBility... this is at least up there... and moving into Civil Rights Land in certain contexts.

What the hell? Now suddenly you of all people is telling me that "...nobody knows how effective Obamacare is gonna be or not be." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, so it disqualifies Roberts if we take your new theory because EVERBODY KNOWS, especially the media that constantly harps in its likely downfall... excuse me for one second... :lol: :lol: .... okay, so, we take that away as an accomplishment...

So, what was that case for the President???? :D

Gave a lotta great, great speeches. Well, just one, but he sure did give it a lot. That was impressive, almost had it memorized after 300 efforts. Luckily, they had a chance to reprogram him before the second debate.

I mean other than that, he was pretty good on the late night shows now that Crispin Glover has fallen off the planet.

NJ Stinks
12-19-2012, 09:37 PM
The guy made, with one bizarre rendering, the actual Man of the Year's.... whole ****ing year!

It is being held up as not just needed or important legislation, but, "LANDMARK LEGISLATION!" This is a big ****ing deal, amigo. Sosh Security, Food Stamps, DisBility... this is at least up there... and moving into Civil Rights Land in certain contexts.

What the hell? Now suddenly you of all people is telling me that "...nobody knows how effective Obamacare is gonna be or not be." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, so it disqualifies Roberts if we take your new theory because EVERBODY KNOWS, especially the media that constantly harps in its likely downfall... excuse me for one second... :lol: :lol: .... okay, so, we take that away as an accomplishment...

So, what was that case for the President???? :D

Gave a lotta great, great speeches. Well, just one, but he sure did give it a lot. That was impressive, almost had it memorized after 300 efforts. Luckily, they had a chance to reprogram him before the second debate.

I mean other than that, he was pretty good on the late night shows now that Crispin Glover has fallen off the planet.

Is this Cry Me A River the Sequel? :jump:

Anyway, everybody knows Obama's most amazing feat in 2012 was making BigMack disappear. (Not saying I was for it mind you - just saying it was rather amazing! :eek: )

BlueShoe
12-23-2012, 01:22 AM
You realize it's just an old spam copy & paste job, right? And (naturally) full of BS?
You realize it's very much up to date and who cares where it came from, right? And (naturally) full of absolute truths?