PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR WED. 12/19

MeSlew
12-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Hello All! We lost Hollywood and Woodbine for the winter and pick up Santa Anita on the 26th. Aqueduct is dark until then as well, so the race lists will be a bit lean going forward. As I mentioned before, Oaklawn Park will be added when it opens on Jan. 11, 2013 and will be on an experimental basis as are PARX and Fairgrounds.

For Wednesday, the following tracks and races are on Slew's mind:

Gulfstream - 5,8,9
Tampa - 2,4,7,9
Fairgrounds - 5,6,9

If you play those tracks, take a look. In particular, Gulfstream Park's 8th has a horse that shows up on our list from his maiden breaker on 8/9 at the Spa.

9-Jump for Kitten GP 8 09Aug12 5SAR 1 * 3+ 80,000 | -25K / 1 (6-1)

After the maiden win, two sub-par races followed. The first was at Presque Isle (9/7) in a state bred 75K stake. The second (11/10) was at Retama Park in an open stake of the same value on the turf, the surface on which he broke his maiden. Tomorrow he shows up in a first level allowance - OC 75K/N1X - after a single listed work at Palm Meadows. The one listed work bothers be a bit but there are...

Things to like:

1. 2nd off the layoff, a marker for me
2. Wesley Ward is 24% in this category, a number higher than his yearly win percentage.
3. He is also firing at 29% for the meet.
4. 6-1 ML odds
5. Rosario up
6. No real world beaters in the field
7. At 1 1/16 miles, a distance that fits his pedigree.

Depending on how he looks in the post parade, he will be my only bet of the day. I think.

So take a look and enjoy the Wednesday racing. And as always...good luck and good 'capping!