PDA

View Full Version : We need better controls in place to protect the children.

DJofSD
12-17-2012, 11:38 AM
We can't have just any one carrying around something which could be mistaken for some kind of firearm.

What am I talking about? Read about it here. (http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/umbrella-mistaken-for-rifle-leads-to-temporary-lock-down-at-upper-dublin-hs/)

Tom
12-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Can you imagine the what might have happened if that device had accidentally open up indoors?

Why, it could have rained bad luck over everyone!

Quick thinking saved the day.
We need tougher umbrella laws.

DJofSD
12-17-2012, 11:51 AM
And not only that, just think of the corruption of the minds of those that watch "Mary Poppins."

Some times a cigar is just a cigar -- not any more.

Tom
12-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Some times a cigar is just a cigar -- not any more.

That's what Bill said.

DJofSD
12-17-2012, 12:03 PM
That's what Bill said.
Isn't he the one which said, "She came towards me with the light like it was the like light of heavenly grace, and the first thing that flashed into my gulliver was that I'd like to have her right down there on the floor with the old in-out, real savage. But as quick as a shot came the sickness, like a detective that had been watching around the corner and now followed to make his arrest."

johnhannibalsmith
12-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Isn't he the one which said, "She came towards me with the light like it was the like light of heavenly grace, and the first thing that flashed into my gulliver was that I'd like to have her right down there on the floor with the old in-out, real savage. But as quick as a shot came the sickness, like a detective that had been watching around the corner and now followed to make his arrest."

Nice quote. ;)

johnhannibalsmith
12-17-2012, 12:12 PM
We can't have just any one carrying around something which could be mistaken for some kind of firearm.

What am I talking about? Read about it here. (http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/umbrella-mistaken-for-rifle-leads-to-temporary-lock-down-at-upper-dublin-hs/)

I imagine that there will be a lot of this. As someone that lived in New York, even 60 or so miles north of the city, during the aftermath of 9/11, you were afraid to go near a mailbox for a month for fear that someone would call the cops and they'd send SWAT and Hazmat out to make sure that you weren't sending toxins. If someone accidentally left a sweater on a city bus, mass transit ground to a halt while it was investigated. People can go from zero vigilance to one hundred vigilance in no time flat... and then stop on a dime.

DJofSD
12-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Nice quote. ;)
I just knew you would appreciate it!

Tom
12-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Speaking of Billy, do you know why he kept the bed of his pick up filled with dirt?

That's where he planted Flowers.

DJofSD
12-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Paladin of the new age: will travel to have flowers?