PDA

View Full Version : Rob Parker suspended

cj
12-14-2012, 02:01 PM
My wife and I were watching yesterday and our jaws dropped when he started talking. We couldn't believe what he was saying.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8747379/espn-suspends-rob-parker-robert-griffin-iii-comments

Tom
12-14-2012, 02:50 PM
I was just listening to a story about this on the radio locally.
Unbelievable!

This guy is a walking talking moron. :lol:

Kudos to RG3 who acted like an adult.

JustRalph
12-14-2012, 04:25 PM
RG3

Handled this like a pro :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
12-14-2012, 05:01 PM
My wife and I were watching yesterday and our jaws dropped when he started talking. We couldn't believe what he was saying.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8747379/espn-suspends-rob-parker-robert-griffin-iii-comments
You and your wife watch "First Take"???
:eek:

Stillriledup
12-14-2012, 06:17 PM

Yikes. No way i could listen to Skip, when i see his face he gets muted right away. Hard guy to listen to no doubt.

JustRalph
12-14-2012, 06:25 PM
I just went over and read the transcript. This is good. Looking for the video now :lol:

I am not a fan of Steven Smith normally......but I have to see this....

"During a planned discussion on Thursday’s show about whether Mr. Griffin, who is black and wears his hair in braids, was a “post-racial figure,” Mr. Parker, who is himself black, asked the question: “Is he a brother, or is he a ‘cornball’ brother?”

Pressed to explain, Mr. Parker said: “He’s black; he kind of does his thing. But he’s not really down with the cause. He’s not one of us.”

He also said that Mr. Griffin was engaged to a white woman and referred to “all this talk” that the quarterback may be a Republican. The subject of Mr. Griffin’s hair being in braids also came up, and Mr. Parker said that this gave him pause because “that’s very urban” and “wearing braids is pure brother.”

The comments were immediately countered by one of the other panelists on the show, Stephen A. Smith, who is also black. He said he was uncomfortable with the direction the conversation had taken about Mr. Griffin.

“The ethnicity or the color of his fiancée is none of our business,” Mr. Smith said. “It’s irrelevant. He can live his life in whatever what he chooses. The braids that he has in his hair, that’s his business. That’s his life.”

cj
12-14-2012, 07:00 PM

I usually have it on as background noise, and she was home sick. I actually don't mind SAS, just have to get past his delivery.

ElKabong
12-15-2012, 11:31 PM
So this dude wants every black to fall in line, and be a stereotypical black dude? Pissed b/c he's possibly a republican? Has a white fiance'?

Sounds like the stupid shit mostpost posted about 3 months ago re: Sowell. Pure ignorance.

It's funny (or odd)......When I was in grade school in Dallas, TX in the 60s it was drilled into our heads in classrooms, in the newspapers, on tv news, to stop thinking of blacks as "looking alike, thinking alike".....we are aftereall, individuals. Made sense. Everyone in my age group bought in. End the stereotype-think, treat everyone as individuals, judge on merit.

Now here we are 50 years later.....and a good # of black folks are looking down on people of their own race b/c they don't 'act or think like the people of his race, in their eyes.

It's funny when you think of it......after a half century of educating the masses, a very high # of Afr Americans are still of this mindset (as well as sucking some non-black left leaners as well, of which some reside here)

KingChas
12-16-2012, 09:25 AM
I think this suspension was long overdue.
For how many years now can a shall I say non-caucasion, or whatever the current word used is this year (Black,Afro-American,,,etc) commentator say anything his heart desires while a white commentator has to watch his every word.

I mean it cost many a white commentator his job let alone his career.
Look at "Jimmy the Greek" who basically stated his honest opinion on why he thought one race was a better athlete than the other.
Cost him everything.

The only white commentator that got away with one was Howard
Cossell on MNF when he crossed the line and said look at that "little monkey run" and got away with a meek apology,and look what he did for Clay/Ali anology.

Parker;
"We all know he has a white fiancée,"

What if a white commentator said this about a white athlete"We all know he has a black fiancée"?

Probably immediate career ender followed by marches,boycotts and who knows what the hell else would happen.

In this day and age the playing field should be level........not.