PDA

View Full Version : 12.12.12 Sandy Relief Concert

PaceAdvantage
12-12-2012, 10:43 PM
I have to say...damn impressive...

I haven't heard a bad act yet...although I thought The Who started a bit shaky...they are still on, and have redeemed themselves soon after the start...lol

I donated...and hope everyone out there does too...

PaceAdvantage
12-12-2012, 11:02 PM
You know what...I take back anything negative I said about The Who...they kicked ass...

PaceAdvantage
12-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Believe it or not, I'm a fan of hip-hop and rap...but Kanye West, with one or two exceptions, just isn't all that good...and it's showing at the start of his set...

Striker
12-13-2012, 12:15 AM
You know what...I take back anything negative I said about The Who...they kicked ass...
They were good. I thought Eddie Vedder would come out to do a song or two with them as he covers their songs all the time with Pearl Jam and in his solo shows.

FantasticDan
12-13-2012, 12:23 AM
It's been an entertaining nite, everyone's been good. :ThmbUp: Other than Brian Williams that is.. :ThmbDown:

dav4463
12-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Pete Townshend, "Have a f***ing beer"!

The Who were great!

The tribute to Keith Moon was awesome. I wish they had played 5:15 though. That is when they pay tribute to John Entwistle on the big screen. It would have been cool to see them both up there.

Stillriledup
12-13-2012, 01:41 AM
I have to say...damn impressive...

I haven't heard a bad act yet...although I thought The Who started a bit shaky...they are still on, and have redeemed themselves soon after the start...lol

I donated...and hope everyone out there does too...

I couldnt get thru on the phone, how long was your wait time?

RunForTheRoses
12-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Was a real good show (not a rap fan though, did not appreciate KW)

Bruce really started the festivities off on a high note, Roger Waters was fantastic...Stones, eh too short, with a short set why a new song to start, JJF cooked though.

DJofSD
12-13-2012, 10:29 AM
I caught a few bits and pieces (before and after a free round of golf). I hope there's some kind of replay, say, in two hour increments.

FantasticDan
12-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Stones, eh too short, with a short set why a new song to start, JJF cooked though.That "new song" is 18 yrs old - which I guess is new by Stones standards.. :D

I was also befuddled why they only did two songs, but then I realized they have a big pay-per-view anniversary concert this weekend.. leave them wanting (and paying) more! :p

MaTH716
12-13-2012, 11:46 AM
That "new song" is 18 yrs old - which I guess is new by Stones standards.. :D

I was also befuddled why they only did two songs, but then I realized they have a big pay-per-view anniversary concert this weekend.. leave them wanting (and paying) more! :p

I thought that they were great.
Mick actually looked like he could make weight and ride a few on the inner today.

RunForTheRoses
12-13-2012, 04:20 PM
That "new song" is 18 yrs old - which I guess is new by Stones standards.. :D

I have to admit I haven't kept up with their releases. They have some clunkers in there since Tatoo You, IMHO their last good album (I said good not great, great would probably be uh, maybe Some Girls, probably the underrated Goats Head Soup, last sublime album-Exile). Steel Wheels had some good tunes but in the last thirty years there were some Stones clunkers, we need retirement money ones too-I don't ever need to hear Harlem Shuffle again.

I think I might actually splurge for the PPV as they do seem to be in good form, setlists have a good mix of tunes and as the next poster stated they did sound good.

FantasticDan
12-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Steel Wheels had some good tunes but in the last thirty years there were some Stones clunkers, we need retirement money ones too-I don't ever need to hear Harlem Shuffle again.
I don't mind that tune.. here's the original:

cjrvEeQowRk

OTM Al
12-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Got to be honest. Didn't watch the whole thing by any measure but when I did flip it on for a couple minutes I was completely underwhelmed on a couple occasions and didn't stay with it. All I could think was how great a show it would have been in 1985. Glad others enjoyed it though and it did rasie quite a bit of money so not going to criticize, it just couldn't hold my interest.

elysiantraveller
12-13-2012, 04:58 PM
I thought it was a pretty terrific show but in terms of performances, IMO, it was Clapton and then everybody else.

sandpit
12-13-2012, 09:02 PM
I thought it was a pretty terrific show but in terms of performances, IMO, it was Clapton and then everybody else.

One thing about Clapton that stands out for me is how well his voice has held up. Plenty of those geezers lose it once they get older, ala Greg Lake.

My wife was struck by how at ease EC is with what he was doing, and she's not really a fan of his. Gotta Get Better is one of my favorites, so I was glad to see him play it.

I cannot comprehend the appeal of Bon Jovi. His singing is soulless, music is bland and voice is dull.

PaceAdvantage
12-13-2012, 09:07 PM
I couldnt get thru on the phone, how long was your wait time?Phone? This is 2012 man...

I did it here:

https://donate.121212concert.org/

PaceAdvantage
12-13-2012, 09:08 PM
I thought it was a pretty terrific show but in terms of performances, IMO, it was Clapton and then everybody else.Yes, he was damn good as well...

Stillriledup
12-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Phone? This is 2012 man...

I did it here:

https://donate.121212concert.org/

I wanted to talk to a celebrity.

kingfin66
12-15-2012, 12:06 AM
I cannot comprehend the appeal of Bon Jovi. His singing is soulless, music is bland and voice is dull.

Not only that, but it looks like me may have had some work done on his face. That is very un-rock and roll like. Richie S. is the heart and soul of Bon Jovi.

The show was good overall. Clapton was just incredible; he and his rhythm section. Still, it would have been nice to see some more contempory artists play. One of the few who did was Chris Martin from Coldplay. I am not a Coldplay fan, but thought his set was really good, especially his duet with Michael Stipe. Okay, not really a duet as Stipe did most of the singing.

I loved Adam Sandler's special version of Hallelujah. He could have done his own set of Halleluja, Big Stan and the Hannukah Song.

I was waiting for Chris Rock to curse or tell a joke. He did neither.

Kanye. LOL. Talk about being miscast in this concert. Jay-Z would have been more appropriate for the show. And much better.

rastajenk
12-15-2012, 03:10 PM
I thought the Roger Waters-as-Pink Floyd set was rather mechanical and without energy.

badcompany
12-21-2012, 03:50 PM
One thing about Clapton that stands out for me is how well his voice has held up. Plenty of those geezers lose it once they get older, ala Greg Lake.

My wife was struck by how at ease EC is with what he was doing, and she's not really a fan of his. Gotta Get Better is one of my favorites, so I was glad to see him play it.

Picked up the album on ITunes. All the proceeds go to the Robin Hood Foundation.

Gotta Get Better is easily the best piece of music on the album. Clapton truly is the Cream.