View Full Version : CT residents -- State finally gets online betting

andicap
12-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Connecticut has told the operator of 15 off-track betting locations that it can launch online wagering for horse racing, ushering in the era of state-approved and -taxed Internet gambling even as lawmakers debate its broader future.
http://www.courant.com/business/hc-online-gaming-connecticut-20121211,0,1947816.story

They'll have live video and they offer a lot of tracks. I don't believe they offer rebates but I'm not sure. Limited to Conn. adults.

Tom
12-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Limited to Consenting adults? :confused::confused:

andicap
12-13-2012, 06:23 AM
Limited to Consenting adults? :confused::confused:

Connecticut adults.

No other comments?
Am I the only CT resident here?
One problem with leaving in CT is there is really nothing you can call yourself. From New York, you're a New Yorker. Indiana, a Hoosier. And so on.

Connecticutite? Connecticuter? Connecticutarian?

JustRalph
12-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Andy, have a nice Holiday!

You're in that high rent district all by yourself..........

Jingle
12-13-2012, 08:15 AM
No Andy--I live in Southern Ct., near the Ct. river. Good shad fishin'.

We're called "Nutmegers"---and a lot of other names.

Red Knave
12-13-2012, 08:48 AM
One problem with leaving in CT is there is really nothing you can call yourself.
Freudian slip?

I thought you were all Subaru-ers. Or Land Rovers. :)

HandyKapper
12-13-2012, 11:09 AM
East Lyme, Connecticut here.

Hosshead
12-13-2012, 10:56 PM
" Connections "

andicap
12-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Freudian slip?

I thought you were all Subaru-ers. Or Land Rovers. :)

Well, yeah, if you know my background I'm generally leaving somewhere.

andicap
12-15-2012, 02:35 PM
No Andy--I live in Southern Ct., near the Ct. river. Good shad fishin'.

We're called "Nutmegers"---and a lot of other names.

Yeah, we're the Nutmeg State but I have never heard anyway refer to themselves as a "Nutmegger" anymore than you hear South Carolineans refer to themselves as "Palmettos."

There was a very funny Taxi episode where Jim is watching about 30 TV screens, one of which has the Delaware House of Representatives debating whether to call themselves "Delawareans" or "Delawarites."

highnote
12-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Connecticutchen and Nutmegger are the two I've heard.

Figures -- they finally allow online wagering. I was told by Senator Blumenthal (then Attorney General) that even though gambling on horses online was illegal in Connecticut I would not be prosecuted.

The funny thing is... he made Xpressbet shut down Connecticut residents' accounts. I don't know why he targeted Xpressbet. He didn't make Americatab shut down Nutmeggers' accounts.

It's no wonder people are disgusted with politicians.