PDA

View Full Version : Yo gold bugs...Fed doubling down w/cheap money

sammy the sage
12-10-2012, 09:20 AM
doing it to keep Stock Market from tanking...from 40 billion per month to 85 billion...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fed-to-do-what-it-can-to-ease-cliff-uncertainty-2012-12-10?siteid=rss&rss=1

hope you day boys were aware if short...

lamboguy
12-10-2012, 10:17 AM
when Romney had some type of a chance gold was moving up, since the election gold has dropped. even though gold didn't get its preferred president, ITS STILL GOING TO GO BALLISTIC. i wish i could time it for you, but every time it gets knocked down there are new huge buyers that walk into the market and scoop it up at these cheap prices.

sammy the sage
12-12-2012, 07:05 PM
the crystal ball working full-tilt here ;) ....gold WILL be the play til they jack % rates....then they can STEAL it on the longs as it drops like a rock...and then it'll go thru the roof w/currency collapse...

Be that 10 months or 10 years from now... :bang:

Wish damn crystal ball could predict TIMING w/accuracy :lol:

PaceAdvantage
12-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Wish damn crystal ball could predict TIMING w/accuracy :lol:That's always the problem with those stupid crystal balls. They're ALWAYS right given enough time... :lol:

Valuist
12-12-2012, 08:12 PM
when Romney had some type of a chance gold was moving up, since the election gold has dropped. even though gold didn't get its preferred president, ITS STILL GOING TO GO BALLISTIC. i wish i could time it for you, but every time it gets knocked down there are new huge buyers that walk into the market and scoop it up at these cheap prices.

I don't get that. Romney was opposed to money printing; Obama obviously is a fan of it. Jon Najarian said on NBC before the debates that the spot price of gold was a good indicator of Obama was performing.

lamboguy
12-12-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't get that. Romney was opposed to money printing; Obama obviously is a fan of it. Jon Najarian said on NBC before the debates that the spot price of gold was a good indicator of Obama was performing.exactly, that's why the price of gold would have gone way up in one shot instead of this inching up slowly like what is happening now. no question in my mind that Romney had the right idea in raising up the price in one shot so the other countries couldn't exchange as much paper for cheap gold. this idiot is keeping the price of gold down while the japaneese and chineese are buying gold with both hands with dollars.

Valuist
12-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Lambo-

Ok, agree in the short term. But like Sammy said earlier, just wait until this start spiraling downward. In the longer term, I think a Romney presidency wouldn't have been nearly as good for gold.

Here's Fleckenstein on the Cliff:

http://money.msn.com/bill-fleckenstein/post.aspx?post=f280eff9-72dc-4a9d-95ac-343c136352a0