PDA

View Full Version : BRIS PRIME POWER (BPP)

sligg
12-10-2012, 02:06 AM
TSN has a report: Power Search Reports & Programs.

It lists all the Prime Power horses with a differential of six and greater from the second rated Prime Power horse. This would be perfect for my method but it costs $6 a day, $150 a month. This is a steep price to pay when I only get two or three selections a week and I only bet $2.

I then have to view another report $2 to see if the BPP horse still qualifies. To get this second report free, I have to bet on each track I view, or pay $2 per report.

Horse racing sure is expensive.

Dahoss2002
12-10-2012, 02:38 AM
The $6 report is gonna give you all the qualifiers from all tracks that day. If you have only been making 1-2 plays a week at 1 track, this is gonna give you more plays to work with.

Capper Al
12-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Prime number 6 or more ahead of second highest Prime are usually under even money horses.

Fingal
12-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Prime number 6 or more ahead of second highest Prime are usually under even money horses.

When everybody knows everything, it's useless.

traynor
12-10-2012, 03:51 PM

That could well be one of the most profound statements I have ever read.

sligg
12-11-2012, 12:45 AM

The average win mutual for 26 bets has been $3.90. Seems high for a win rate of 85%.

sligg
12-11-2012, 12:53 AM

It usually means that these horses will go off at less that even money. It's not useless if these special horses are currently winning at an 85% rate (22 wins out of 26 bets).

PICSIX
12-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Find High Percentage Plays with PRIME POWER!
Wouldn't it be great if you had access to a reliable number, one number per horse, which identified a high percentage of winners? How about a number that worked at every track in the country, every day? It should come as no surprise that the leader in handicapping information, brisnet.com, has such a rating. It's called PRIME POWER, and it's a feature of the Ultimate PPs, Quick Play PPs, Super Stats, ALL-Ways data files, MultiCaps data files, $1 Premium PPs, and, of course, the Power Search Reports.

Win up to 55% of the Time!
So, just how good is Prime Power? Take a gander at these results: based on a lengthy study of tens of thousands of races, Prime Power hits 31% top winners! That's sounds great, but when the study is broken down further and we focus strictly on dirt races, the results get even more interesting:

Top Prime Power horses by three full points (3.0+) or better score 39% of the time!
Top Prime Power horses by six full points (6.0+) or better score 46% of the time!
Top Prime Power horses by ten full points (10.0+) or better score 55% of the time!

If the results of this study don't get you excited, you may need a reality check. Nowhere else will find any rating that even comes close to this! Prime Power pinpoints key horses that win a high percentage of the time. We're talking big percentages here - much higher than the success rate of favorites.

KY Derby Winners!
In the 2000 Kentucky Derby, Fusaichi Pegasus was 11 full points better on Prime Power than the next horse in the 19-horse field. Here was a situation proven to hit at least 55% of the time, and Fusaichi Pegasus was better than 2-1. Wow!!!

Then, on May 5, 2001, Prime Power did it again, selecting $23.00 winner Monarchos!

Prime Power Defined
Just what is Prime Power? It tooks years to develop, but it was worth the effort. Prime Power combines many factors into one potent figure. BRIS Speed, Class, Pace, form, weight, distance and more are all combined by a sophisticated computer algorithm into an incredible rating. Employing dozens of qualitative handicapping factors, Prime Power accurately measures the demonstrated quality of each horse's most recent starts and consolidates them into one composite rating. As with all BRIS performance figures, such as Class, Pace or Speed, the higher the number the better.

Using Prime Power
One number per horse makes it remarkably easy to analyze the contenders in any race. The beauty of Prime Power is that identifying "key" horses is as easy as downloading our PPs or using Power Search. Quickly see which horses have a significant advantage. Then, take advantage of these "key" Prime Power advantage horses in any of the following exotic wagers available:

Exacta
Quinella
Daily Double
Trifecta
Superfecta
Twin Trifecta
Pick-3
Pick-6

Opportunities abound when you know you have a Prime Power advantage horse with a 30-55% chance of winning! Life as a handicapper just got easier. Start using Prime Power today and put the percentages in your favor.

PICSIX
12-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Gulfstream December 13, 2012 Race 4

1 Great Attack Prime Power: 168.7 (1st)

TexasDolly
12-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Find High Percentage Plays with PRIME POWER!
Wouldn't it be great if you had access to a reliable number, one number per horse, which identified a high percentage of winners? How about a number that worked at every track in the country, every day? It should come as no surprise that the leader in handicapping information, brisnet.com, has such a rating. It's called PRIME POWER, and it's a feature of the Ultimate PPs, Quick Play PPs, Super Stats, ALL-Ways data files, MultiCaps data files, $1 Premium PPs, and, of course, the Power Search Reports.

Win up to 55% of the Time!
So, just how good is Prime Power? Take a gander at these results: based on a lengthy study of tens of thousands of races, Prime Power hits 31% top winners! That's sounds great, but when the study is broken down further and we focus strictly on dirt races, the results get even more interesting:

Top Prime Power horses by three full points (3.0+) or better score 39% of the time!
Top Prime Power horses by six full points (6.0+) or better score 46% of the time!
Top Prime Power horses by ten full points (10.0+) or better score 55% of the time!

If the results of this study don't get you excited, you may need a reality check. Nowhere else will find any rating that even comes close to this! Prime Power pinpoints key horses that win a high percentage of the time. We're talking big percentages here - much higher than the success rate of favorites.

KY Derby Winners!
In the 2000 Kentucky Derby, Fusaichi Pegasus was 11 full points better on Prime Power than the next horse in the 19-horse field. Here was a situation proven to hit at least 55% of the time, and Fusaichi Pegasus was better than 2-1. Wow!!!

Then, on May 5, 2001, Prime Power did it again, selecting $23.00 winner Monarchos!

Prime Power Defined
Just what is Prime Power? It tooks years to develop, but it was worth the effort. Prime Power combines many factors into one potent figure. BRIS Speed, Class, Pace, form, weight, distance and more are all combined by a sophisticated computer algorithm into an incredible rating. Employing dozens of qualitative handicapping factors, Prime Power accurately measures the demonstrated quality of each horse's most recent starts and consolidates them into one composite rating. As with all BRIS performance figures, such as Class, Pace or Speed, the higher the number the better.

Using Prime Power
One number per horse makes it remarkably easy to analyze the contenders in any race. The beauty of Prime Power is that identifying "key" horses is as easy as downloading our PPs or using Power Search. Quickly see which horses have a significant advantage. Then, take advantage of these "key" Prime Power advantage horses in any of the following exotic wagers available:

Exacta
Quinella
Daily Double
Trifecta
Superfecta
Twin Trifecta
Pick-3
Pick-6

Opportunities abound when you know you have a Prime Power advantage horse with a 30-55% chance of winning! Life as a handicapper just got easier. Start using Prime Power today and put the percentages in your favor.

Those win percentages for various gaps between 1st and 2nd don't even come close to holding up in my smallish database. Does anyone have a large database that they can run the win percentages for the various gaps?
Thank you,
TD

castaway01
12-11-2012, 09:46 AM
TSN has a report: Power Search Reports & Programs.

It lists all the Prime Power horses with a differential of six and greater from the second rated Prime Power horse. This would be perfect for my method but it costs $6 a day, $150 a month. This is a steep price to pay when I only get two or three selections a week and I only bet $2.

I then have to view another report $2 to see if the BPP horse still qualifies. To get this second report free, I have to bet on each track I view, or pay $2 per report.

Horse racing sure is expensive.

My suggestion would be to see if you can partner up with someone else who would want this prime number for their play. You could split costs and perhaps in exchange let them in on your plays (unless the other person is a huge bettor you won't be hurting your price much because these horses are already taking a ton of money). I'd also suggest you bet more than $2 on these horses to make some more money and justify the expense, but obviously that's up to you.

Best of luck.

HUSKER55
12-11-2012, 11:09 PM
I am wondering what you guys and gals think. If you bet on anything there is always a tout that hands out the winner. Bris prime power top rate by 10+ points and Beyer top four and the list goes on and on.

If you can't pick the contenders in a field of horses then you have a major problem. Isn't Dave the one who said the winner is in the top half of the field plus one about 85% of the time.

That means in an eight horse field you need to throw out three horses. If you plan on making money you really need to throw out 4 or five.

My point is that most players are with-in that range anyway. The handicapping is to figure out how to make money.

If I can't throw out half the field or better as horses I am not going to bet no matter what, then I pass the race.

These stats are about the winner. I hope I explained my point right.

sligg
04-14-2013, 03:12 AM
My last posting brought a lot of highly technical comments which tended to minimize my method and probably rightfully so.

So I'm back with a new set of results and wait for the expert's responses.

Bris Prime Power is the base of my method. I'm only betting the NY and Fla tracks which limits the number of plays.

Win ($2 per bet)

Bets 72
Won 45 (62%)
Net $88.4
ROI 61.4%

Place ($2 per bet)

Bets 72
Place 56 (77.8%)
Net $29.5
ROI 20.5%

Show bets had a very small profit, not worth listing

No handicapping was involved, no back fitting, no data bases. This is a black box that anyone using it will come up with the same selection. The only restriction from my last post was post odds no lower than 1/1.

To all the professional handicappers, as I said in my previous posts, I do this for fun, I don't take my efforts seriously, I don't need the money so I will never bet more than $2. I handicap to keep my brain active, important when you are 87 years old.

OCF
04-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Hi Sal, I'm not an expert but I do have a question - how long was the period of time over which the 72 bets were accumulated? Thanks, OCF

sligg
04-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi Sal, I'm not an expert but I do have a question - how long was the period of time over which the 72 bets were accumulated? Thanks, OCF

The first recorded bet was July 14, 2012. As you can see there are not too many bets using two tracks, NY and Fla. I have no idea if the method would hold up at any other tracks but because of the factors I use, I don't see why not. I doubt if I'll ever prove that to be the case. Betting $2 per selection, it's not important to find out.

Longshot6977
04-14-2013, 08:54 AM
FWIW, I charted the Brisnet Prime Power numbers for 18 tracks in early Feb for a few days. Not every race was charted since I only used ones from a site I use that has the free Bris PP's. I found that the best +ROI was on maiden races. Who woulda thunk, lol? The 1st Prime Power# had to have at least a 5 point diff over 2nd PP#.

When all classes were used, it was about a +15% ROI. When maiden races are eliminated, it was about break even. When using just maidens, it was about +30% ROI. You may want to keep track of classes and race distance to get an even better ROI breakdown. Or chart the top 2 PP#'s to be used in vertical bets. By the way, there were 15 races where the point diff was greater than 10, yet only 7 were winners. And those 7 winners had very low odds, several odds-on. Not worth it in the long run. Stick to a 6 to 9 point spread if you're going to persue this angle.

Also, try charting the top 3 class horses on the Bris PP's. They work ok on higher class races.

deathandgravity
04-14-2013, 10:10 AM
my db/sampling primarily consists for AQU/BEL/SAR/KEE/DMR/SA/HP/WO over the past couple years & is not a complete race record for those tracks.
Have about 12,000 races in the db

Top Prime Power of horse 6+ or better hit @ 38.7% with ROI of -11.48% (2511 Races)

Best ROI was Mdn Clm with Prime Power of +6 or better… hit @ 41.25% with ROI of -4.04% (497 races)

ROI based on $2 win bets

OCF
04-14-2013, 10:18 AM
my db/sampling primarily consists for AQU/BEL/SAR/KEE/DMR/SA/HP/WO over the past couple years & is not a complete race record for those tracks.
Have about 12,000 races in the db

Top Prime Power of horse 6+ or better hit @ 38.7% with ROI of -11.48% (2511 Races)

Best ROI was Mdn Clm with Prime Power of +6 or better… hit @ 41.25% with ROI of -4.04% (497 races)

ROI based on $2 win bets

That's good info, what are the results when you add a filter for even or higher odds?

deathandgravity
04-14-2013, 07:52 PM
All

Odds <= even @ post time... Hit 56% ROI -8.67
Odds 1 to 5 @ post time.... Hit 31% ROI -11.42
Odds > 5 @ post time... Hit 4.4% ROI -65.67

Maiden Clm

Odds <= even @ post time... Hit 57% ROI -6.23
Odds 1 to 5 @ post time.... Hit 33% ROI -2.83
Odds > 5 @ post time... Hit 0% ROI -100

The only positive ROI I could find with BRIS Prime Power was @ Saratoga.

Maiden CLM with Prime +6... Hit 51.55% ROI 33.52 (only 27 races)

I only have about 60 days or racing @ SAR in my db, so the sample is fairly small.

OCF
04-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks for sharing your data and work.

racingfan378
04-15-2013, 01:59 AM
I would try ProfitLine and see how you makeout there

If you use twinspires.com the profitline odds adjust for scratched unlike the hard copy you buy. You can find the feature under "tools"

I like them the best when I have to make selections quickly. but I have also learned that you can't trust maiden races and or races with limited starts or US starts for turf racing.

Not many people have access to that compared to everyone focused on the "Prime Number"

OCF
04-15-2013, 07:20 AM
And thanks to you also Sal for sharing your ideas and work.

_______
04-15-2013, 01:07 PM
My last posting brought a lot of highly technical comments which tended to minimize my method and probably rightfully so.

So I'm back with a new set of results and wait for the expert's responses.

Bris Prime Power is the base of my method. I'm only betting the NY and Fla tracks which limits the number of plays.

Win ($2 per bet)

Bets 72
Won 45 (62%)
Net $88.4
ROI 61.4%

Place ($2 per bet)

Bets 72
Place 56 (77.8%)
Net $29.5
ROI 20.5%

Show bets had a very small profit, not worth listing

No handicapping was involved, no back fitting, no data bases. This is a black box that anyone using it will come up with the same selection. The only restriction from my last post was post odds no lower than 1/1.

To all the professional handicappers, as I said in my previous posts, I do this for fun, I don't take my efforts seriously, I don't need the money so I will never bet more than $2. I handicap to keep my brain active, important when you are 87 years old.

do your numbers change if you add in the costs of purchasing the product you're basing this on?

I think it's great you're able to enjoy this and make a profit but given the positive return, would you give any thought to increasing what you're betting to reduce the impact from the fixed cost for the bris report?

crazybones
04-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Prime Power is just a starting point cant get wrapped up in them. Let the horses do the talking in the spaces between the lines instead. Love using Bris past performances. Love they are free on twinspires. EASY to read and not "boxy" like Daily Racing Form. Just better deal ;)