PDA

View Full Version : The group that voted for Obama by the largest margin seems to be suffering the most

PaceAdvantage
12-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Maybe hcap can address this, since he is gloating in victory. He should be able to explain why African-Americans are being left behind BIG TIME by the "Obama recovery."

After all, African-Americans voted for him in 2008 and 2012 by what? Something like 93+% depending on what source you want to take...

Oh well...I guess it would have been 96% if Obama were actually doing something to help them get a job:

African-Americans left behind in US job market as economy recovers

While US unemployment is decreasing overall, one minority group is being left out of the recovery. African-Americans are continuing to lose jobs, with the black unemployment rate now standing at 14.3 percent.

While national unemployment decreased to 7.9 percent in Oct. 2012, the numbers aregrim for African-Americans, whose unemployment rate jumped from 13.4 percent to 14.3 percent in just one month, according to data from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The difference in the youth unemployment rate between black Americans and whites is even more dramatic. The overall unemployment rate of those aged 18-29 is 12 percent, while it is a staggering 21.4 percent among blacks. http://rt.com/usa/news/african-americans-us-job-964/

Dave Schwartz
12-09-2012, 07:15 PM
I seriously wonder if voting Americans will "get it" in time to turn things around before we cease being a country all together.

The bottom line is that there is no party that gives a crap about Americans. They only care about saying/doing whatever is necessary to keep THEMSELVES in power.

The system must change or we will perish.

ArlJim78
12-09-2012, 07:27 PM
that RT piece was probably written using talking points directly from the Obama administration. it's total garbage, it blames private sector racism for the disparity.

"Although Obama was reelected, the problem persists. As overall unemployment goes down with an increase in private sector jobs, the lack of public sector jobs has kept black Americans out of a workplace where racism still lingers

PaceAdvantage
12-09-2012, 07:28 PM
What do you want from Russian news? :lol:

Let's give an American media outlet a shot:

http://atlantablackstar.com/2012/12/07/improved-unemployment-numbers-still-disheartening-for-african-americans/

Saratoga_Mike
12-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Typically if you ignore a group of voters, you don't get their vote. Reps ignore African-Americans. Besides the late Jack Kemp, very few Reps at the national level have made a serious attempt to bring black Americans into the fold. Most African-Americans line up much better on social issues with the Republican Party than the Dem Party. And most support school choice, because they see a good education as the only chance to give their kids a true chance in life. It won't happen overnight, but if Reps made a concerted effort, I think the black vote could be moved by 15 to 20 percentage points in the Republican Party's favor. If that had happened this yr, we would be looking at President-elect Romney.

fast4522
12-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Maybe hcap can address this, since he is gloating in victory. He should be able to explain why African-Americans are being left behind BIG TIME by the "Obama recovery."

After all, African-Americans voted for him in 2008 and 2012 by what? Something like 93+% depending on what source you want to take...

Oh well...I guess it would have been 96% if Obama were actually doing something to help them get a job:

http://rt.com/usa/news/african-americans-us-job-964/

Hopefully by 2016 they will open their eyes, that no one has their back especially the Democratic party.

ElKabong
12-09-2012, 08:17 PM
The group that voted for Obama by the largest margin seems to be suffering the most

Maybe this would explain the rage we're seeing? Failure to accomplish anything for his base's most faithful supporters. Embarrassing failure, for all to see.

But the 1% seems to be doing quite well, thank you.....

Tom
12-09-2012, 10:13 PM
I seriously wonder if voting Americans will "get it" in time to turn things around before we cease being a country all together.

The bottom line is that there is no party that gives a crap about Americans. They only care about saying/doing whatever is necessary to keep THEMSELVES in power.

The system must change or we will perish.

This is the very essence of the Democrats - dived the country. The dems are nothing if not divisive. Class warfare, false racism allegations.....anything to split the contry up and destroy the idea of a United States. They have no respect for our heritage and none for our sovereignty. They would sell us all out for a few more votes from illegals.

The worst enemy the US has ever had is the DNC.

Dave Schwartz
12-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Typically if you ignore a group of voters, you don't get their vote. Reps ignore African-Americans. Besides the late Jack Kemp, very few Reps at the national level have made a serious attempt to bring black Americans into the fold. Most African-Americans line up much better on social issues with the Republican Party than the Dem Party.

You absolutely made my point.

How's this for a novel idea: Let's elect people who will do what is best for America, instead of pandering to each group to win their vote.

The worst enemy the US has ever had is the DNC.

Tom, and you missed my point as well. Make no mistake, the Republicans are just as much for themselves as the democrats are.

Can't we just find some plain old Americans to vote for? --- Apparently not.

JustRalph
12-09-2012, 11:24 PM
"I am a former leader of the Ku Klux Klan in Raleigh County and the adjoining counties of the state .... The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia .... It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state of the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan in the Realm of W. Va .... I hope that you will find it convenient to answer my letter in regards to future possibilities."

-- Former Klansman and US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1946, after he quit the KKK.

"I think one man is just as good as another so long as he's not a n*gger or a Chinaman. Uncle Will says that the Lord made a White man from dust, a n*gger from mud, then He threw up what was left and it came down a Chinaman. He does hate Chinese and Japs. So do I. It is race prejudice, I guess. But I am strongly of the opinion Negroes ought to be in Africa, Yellow men in Asia and White men in Europe and America."

-Harry Truman (1911) in a letter to his future wife Bess

LBJ-
" I will have those ******s voting for Democrats for the next hundred years. "
( When discussing putting Thurgood Marshall on the Supreme Court)

45 yrs down.......55 to go

There are lots of blacks coming around. The black conservative is a phrase you never heard of ten years ago. Now it's a movement.

The coming focus on Latino's by the Dems will take ten years to sink in. But it will.

I started a thread about this a long while back using the old Werewolf movie theory. Wherein the Werewolf always hurts the ones they love first and foremost. Guess who's the werewolf?