PDA

View Full Version : Executiveprivilege

letswastemoney
12-08-2012, 07:57 PM
So, was it the lack of lasix or the addition of blinkers that caused her to run subpar?

Or was it because the Hollywood Starlet was probably an afterthought in some last minute attempt for the Eclipse Award?

Probably a combination of all factors?

Rex Phinney
12-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I think we have seen her best, she is going to suffer the "Awesome 2 year old that the rest grew up and caught" syndrome. She will still win her share of races, but this is two races in a row she was anything but dominant.

FWIW, she was too close to the lead throughout, Hollywood is just killing anyone on the front half of the field these days.

CincyHorseplayer
12-08-2012, 08:10 PM
I was thinking more "Is it because of synthetic that Pure Fun's move was so huuuuuggggeee?".

That was pure fun!Wow.I don't exactly have a catalog of 2yo moves in the memory bank,but that,for a 2yo filly was a giant move.

Executive Privelage I'm thinking was just another in a long line of bouncers post BC after a big effort,especially after facing an enormously quick filly.I don't know what this figure will bear but I'm thinking this might be a special group of fillies,EP included.I'm in non betting mode and am excited as I have ever been this year post race.Awesome.:ThmbUp:

Greyfox
12-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Bejarano opted for another mount. He likely suspected something wasn't right.

plainolebill
12-08-2012, 08:47 PM
I think Baffert opted Bejerano off the filly - take a look at what he landed on. A combination of trying to alter her running style with the addition of the hood, new rider and coming back from her toughest race in only 5 weeks probably did her in.

Baffert will probably have Leparoux on the her next - has to be something besides the horse/trainer - right?

Striker
12-08-2012, 10:24 PM
So, was it the lack of lasix or the addition of blinkers that caused her to run subpar?

Or was it because the Hollywood Starlet was probably an afterthought in some last minute attempt for the Eclipse Award?

Probably a combination of all factors?
She was given lasix today wasn't she? The winner Pure Fun ran without lasix.

letswastemoney
12-08-2012, 10:25 PM
She was given lasix today wasn't she? The winner Pure Fun ran without lasix.
? The BRIS past performances I read didn't have the L. I was certain Executiveprivilege had no lasix, but maybe I'm mistaken.

letswastemoney
12-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Scratch that, now it says "L". I don't know maybe it changed between when I initially read it and now.

Striker
12-08-2012, 10:42 PM
I think I read in the drf where Baffert said he was adding blinkers because of her drifting in the stretch during the Breeders Cup race, which she did. But he said that cost her the race, and I am not so sure about that.

CincyHorseplayer
12-09-2012, 04:57 AM
That's all you guys are fascinated about?Wether it was lasix or blinkers?5 oclock in the morning and drunk and that is too funny!Give Executive Privelage a break here,she deserves it.

sammy the sage
12-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Bejarano opted for another mount. He likely suspected something wasn't right.

He's been PUT off many of B.'s mounts after the "Dude's" ride...

SmartyParty
12-09-2012, 12:47 PM
That's all you guys are fascinated about?Wether it was lasix or blinkers?5 oclock in the morning and drunk and that is too funny!Give Executive Privelage a break here,she deserves it.

I totally agree. She needs and deserves a break and, yes, I think it was a badly thought out last ditch effort to get the eclipse.