PDA

View Full Version : RIP PULPIT

nijinski
12-06-2012, 11:25 PM
He died in his paddock , Claiborne Farms . No signs of ill health prior .

He was so beautiful and powerful looking . His fine genes

will be with us for a long time. RIP Pete ! :(

PaceAdvantage
12-06-2012, 11:59 PM
I just caught the news myself on the home page:

Claiborne Stallion Pulpit Dies

Perennial leading sire Pulpit died in his paddock at Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., Dec. 6, according to an announcement made by farm manager Bradley Purcell.

The 18-year-old stallion had shown no signs of ill health in the weeks and days prior to his death, according to the statement.

"We are all shocked and very sad," said Purcell. "Pulpit has meant so much to Claiborne Farm, first as a race horse and later as a stallion. Thankfully, we know his legacy will continue on through his sons and daughters." http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/74928/claiborne-stallion-pulpit-dies?source=rss

nijinski
12-07-2012, 01:35 AM
I would have liked to have seen Pulpit in the fall of his three yo campaign. He suffered an injury and was retired after the Derby. We'll never know what his full potential was but he showed enormous talent in that short career .
He did very well for Claiborne in the shed !

horses4courses
12-07-2012, 07:23 AM
That horse just oozed class, and what a great sire he has been.

He was part of the best crop of 3yo's we have seen in a long time, too.
Silver Charm, Free House, Captain Bodgit, Touch Gold, et al.....wow!

precocity
12-07-2012, 07:42 AM
That horse just oozed class, and what a great sire he has been.

He was part of the best crop of 3yo's we have seen in a long time, too.
Silver Charm, Free House, Captain Bodgit, Touch Gold, et al.....wow!
agreed rip pulpit
and was the father of tapit :ThmbUp:

MutuelClerk
12-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Truly sad. One of the great sires. Also one of the most impressive maiden wins you'll ever see. I guess the Pulpit watch is finally over. RIP.

Grits
12-07-2012, 10:02 AM
He was so handsome. I visited with him at Claiborne a few years ago and have beautiful photos of him. He was an easy, so gentle fella. Rest in Peace, Pulpit.

wisconsin
12-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Had him big first time out-seems like it was yesterday. RIP fella.

CincyHorseplayer
12-07-2012, 11:29 AM
He was the first Derby horse I got really excited about after getting hooked on the game in 1996.Great bloodlines.Versatile and solid sire.Shame to go out so young.

BIG49010
12-07-2012, 02:20 PM
I had a future book bet on him after I heard he was supposed to be the next triple crown winner before he started at GP. It was a great ride for five months, but as always is the case, Vegas won in the end!