PDA

View Full Version : The R-J system is a bust

Bill Cullen
12-05-2012, 11:42 AM
The R-J system is a bust. Normally I'd finish out the first 100 races but two things indicate that that would be to no avail:

1) After a great start, the string of losses it encountered was unacceptable to me.

2) Someone on the board was so impressed with the initial start that they tested the system for me against 500 races. I am most grateful to this person who asked to remain anonymous.

The results were of his test were, to put it politely, not too encouraging.

I want to say that initially i had run a preliminary test of two samples of 60 races each ealier this year. the results were positive for both samples AND closely matched each other which was the basis for me going forward with more testing.

I'm grateful to the folks who lent me encouragement, both recently and in the past.

I love this board!

Bill C

mlbelang
12-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm still not certain what the system is/was?

Other than no turf to dirt, and no selections under 3/1, whats the criteria?

Bill Cullen
12-05-2012, 12:11 PM
If and when I get a system that can stay positive for three samples of 100 races each, then I will give out the system info. To not do so would be dishonorable in my book. My definition of a positive ROI is more stringent than most folks: the median win price for the 300 races multiplied by the winning percentage must result in a figure in excess of $600.00. A system that meets that qualification automatically filters out the need for extreme longshots to make the system profitable.

Until now I've never mentioned that, but that is and has been the holy grail that I have been after even before I joined this board.

Best,

Bill C

Bill Cullen
12-05-2012, 12:16 PM
P.S. - the closest I've ever come using the above criteria is about minus 5 percent ROI. I only realized in retropsect (a long retrospect) that that is damn good but I can't remember what system it was. I've tested hundreds of systems for 300 races or more.

Serves me right for not saving all my system tests!

Bill C

HUSKER55
12-05-2012, 03:29 PM
an extra hard drive is only $80. now you know why everyone has one. most of us learned the hard way as well. check for bruises, brush-off the dust and start again

Bill Cullen
12-05-2012, 04:19 PM
... brush-off the dust and start again

I assure you, Sir, that I will do.

Best

Bill C

smokinjoe@bp
12-05-2012, 05:56 PM
most systems that i have seen or ever heard of seem to always turnout to be busts.