PDA

View Full Version : Scepters Way- Secretariat and spendabucks grandson

LavaFAN
12-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Hello everyone, Im new here. My name is Shawn and just figured id let you in on a little horsey named scepter. My partner and i own a horse whose sire is Tinners way meaning scepters grandfather is the amazing secretariat. And on his mothers side his grandfather is spendabuck. He is being broke right now were hoping he gets to race in march but we will see. Ill be crossing my fingers. He is one of the last with the bloodline so close to secretariat. Just hoping some part of him has secretariats personality. Wish everyone a good week!

smokinjoe@bp
12-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Hello everyone, Im new here. My name is Shawn and just figured id let you in on a little horsey named scepter. My partner and i own a horse whose sire is Tinners way meaning scepters grandfather is the amazing secretariat. And on his mothers side his grandfather is spendabuck. He is being broke right now were hoping he gets to race in march but we will see. Ill be crossing my fingers. He is one of the last with the bloodline so close to secretariat. Just hoping some part of him has secretariats personality. Wish everyone a good week!

hi shawn

not a bad looking horse,i highly doubt he races in march if he is just now being broke. is he with a trainer yet? looks like he may still be at farm. anyway i wish you the best of luck . nothing better than owning a horse and watch them develop.. and p.s take the halter off while putting him out,i would hate to see him get hung up on something.

nijinski
12-04-2012, 09:13 PM
I like his Blonde mane and tail , he's a cutee . Who's the Dam?

Oh and of course Good Luck to you and Scepters Way !!!

LavaFAN
12-04-2012, 11:14 PM
hi shawn

not a bad looking horse,i highly doubt he races in march if he is just now being broke. is he with a trainer yet? looks like he may still be at farm. anyway i wish you the best of luck . nothing better than owning a horse and watch them develop.. and p.s take the halter off while putting him out,i would hate to see him get hung up on something.

Yeah hes with a trainer getting broken there saying he's moving along fast but who knows. Im new to this so can take all the advice in the world so i thank you

LavaFAN
12-04-2012, 11:15 PM
I like his Blonde mane and tail , he's a cutee . Who's the Dam?

Oh and of course Good Luck to you and Scepters Way !!!

Thank you! The dam is spend a bucks daughter spendabuckforroses.

PaceAdvantage
12-04-2012, 11:17 PM
I don't recall ever seeing a t-bred with this kind of coloring...how unique!

He has two white socks...too bad he doesn't have three! ;)

LavaFAN
12-04-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't recall ever seeing a t-bred with this kind of coloring...how unique!

He has two white socks...too bad he doesn't have three! ;)

hahaaa i know he is a different one. But hey being unique is the way to go these days lets hope hes unique on the track. Unique on the good side not the bad side :)

But thank you!

Sysonby
12-04-2012, 11:29 PM
I think Spendabuckforroses is Tinners Way's dam.

smokinjoe@bp
12-04-2012, 11:37 PM

tinners way dam was devon diva.

LavaFAN
12-04-2012, 11:38 PM

Nope Tinners way is scepters sire and scepters dam is spendabuckforroses and damsire is spendabuck and grandsire secretariat

LavaFAN
12-04-2012, 11:40 PM
tinners way dam was devon diva.

That is correct. Thank you :)

smokinjoe@bp
12-04-2012, 11:46 PM
hahaaa i know he is a different one. But hey being unique is the way to go these days lets hope hes unique on the track. Unique on the good side not the bad side :)

But thank you!

i see that he is a arkansas bred,and mare never raced.

LavaFAN
12-05-2012, 12:08 AM
i see that he is a arkansas bred,and mare never raced.

Yup Mare never raced because of implications i assume. Thats what i gathered from previous owner

smokinjoe@bp
12-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Yup Mare never raced because of implications i assume. Thats what i gathered from previous owner

well good luck shawn as i will be watching and rooting for you.

LavaFAN
12-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Well thank you very much Joe i really appreciate that

SharpCat
12-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Maybe maybe scepter win back to back Pacific Classics like his daddy did. Wish you great success.

LavaFAN
12-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Maybe maybe scepter win back to back Pacific Classics like his daddy did. Wish you great success.'

Well now THAT would be quite amazing. But hey if his daddy did it then ya just neverr know. Thank you sharp cat i appreciate the good wishes.

098poi
12-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Wow, beautiful animal. Great coat and the blonde mane and tail. If racing doesn't work out you can probably make a calendar!

LavaFAN
12-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Wow, beautiful animal. Great coat and the blonde mane and tail. If racing doesn't work out you can probably make a calendar!

Well if racing doesnt work out i might just have to take your advice! Thank you

LavaFAN
12-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Scepter doing a little morning jog

http://youtu.be/E19RaIu9Gug

Delta Cone
12-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Your horse has a full brother who raced once and is standing at stud...name is Tinner's Secret

http://www.pedigreequery.com/tinners+secret

LavaFAN
12-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Your horse has a full brother who raced once and is standing at stud...name is Tinner's Secret

http://www.pedigreequery.com/tinners+secret

Yup i know , Tinners secret got injured his first race. I spoke to the barn manage i think it was. Was either barn manager or the owner. But yeah i saw that. Shame he couldnt race anymore but hey i guess hes still living a great life

LavaFAN
12-08-2012, 10:56 PM
If anyone wants to check out my partners and i start up operation we have going heres the link. Just getting started and learning more and more about the industry everyday and were loving it

We have Scepter who is in training

We have Magic n Motion (bayous black magic) still deciding her name who is a weanling filly.

We have Bayou belle who is a pregnant mare and were expecting in may :)

http://www.freespiritthoroughbreds.com/breeding.html#/

Thanks everyone i hope everyone is having a great nice. What a race by pure fun today