PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct vs Gulfstream vs Fair Grounds

mlbelang
12-03-2012, 12:09 PM
I do not like to play more than 1 or two tracks per meet/season.

In the summer I play Saratoga and Presque Isle
Fall: Belmont and Keeneland
Winter: Aqueduct and ?
Spring: Belmont and Churchill
etc etc

After playing Presque Isle Downs with some good success this past year I really want to play a smaller size track than GP this winter, but also want some decent racing.

Any of you have any preference for Fair Grounds over Gulfstream? Where do you think the better value is? If any difference?

SandyW
12-03-2012, 12:17 PM
I play both tracks as they both have a lot of value plays and many betting opportunities.

lamboguy
12-03-2012, 12:42 PM
i play every track every day, thoroughbred and harness. it keeps you on your toes.

therussmeister
12-03-2012, 09:41 PM
I think Gulfstream is a better value. They card more turf races than Fairgrounds, if you prefer that sort of thing. But if you want a smaller track, check out Tampa.

raybo
12-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Is your priority making profit, or good racing? Which track provides what, in your mind? For me, the goal is, always, making profit, could care less which track it is or the quality of the racing.

SharpCat
12-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Is your priority making profit, or good racing? Which track provides what, in your mind? For me, the goal is, always, making profit, could care less which track it is or the quality of the racing.

I agree. For me I never did like the idea of playing just 1or 2 tracks. Your locked in to what they give you on a certain day. I look for a specific play and check as many tracks as I can to find one. I do wish a higher percentange of my plays were at major tracks only because I can bet more money otherwise I could care less.

CincyHorseplayer
12-04-2012, 05:55 PM
I agree. For me I never did like the idea of playing just 1or 2 tracks. Your locked in to what they give you on a certain day. I look for a specific play and check as many tracks as I can to find one. I do wish a higher percentange of my plays were at major tracks only because I can bet more money otherwise I could care less.

I do a little of both.I usually look at every turf race in the form while following 1-2 tracks.But I'll rotate what tracks I play based on how much I like the cards.That usually gives me variety and simplicity and overall enough solid races to bet.

mlbelang
12-04-2012, 06:54 PM
I do a little of both.I usually look at every turf race in the form while following 1-2 tracks.But I'll rotate what tracks I play based on how much I like the cards.That usually gives me variety and simplicity and overall enough solid races to bet.

Thats pretty much what I do.

I am more of a turf guy. Maiden 2 year olds on the turf is where I feel I have the best edge.

As some have said, you think GP cards more on the grass? I haven't bet much in the winter due to my job the past 6 or so years, but now that my position has changed I have more time for my passion; Horse racing.

I'm mainly concerned with profit, I could care less about quality of racing, as long as I'm not watching nickel claimers all damn day.

raybo
12-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Any of you have any preference for Fair Grounds over Gulfstream? Where do you think the better value is? If any difference?

For me, FG offers a slight edge because of it's slightly higher percentage of "long shots" ($16 or higher), about 1.5% higher. The average payouts are about the same, however. But, FG is tougher to handicap than GP because, IMO, of the track configuration at FG.