PDA

View Full Version : Groupie Doll Halter- Charity ebay Auction

winningcolors1988
12-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Since 100% of the proceeds will go to help retired thoroughbreds be retrained for a new career and great home, I hope it is OK to post this here.

But this is a unique item you won't see again. The halter Groupie Doll wore throughout her entire 2012 campaign. AND getting to meet her, AND Brass Hat, at their Indian Ridge Farm, near Lexington. AND one of Brass Hat's shoes as well!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281033055643?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

The connections of Groupie Doll and Brass Hat have been wonderful supporters of Second Stride for years. So I am doing my best to promote this special auction item, and hope if anyone here knows of someone who might be interested, that you will pass it along.

And I would also love to hear of any other items or experiences that you think would be of interest to race fans. Many in the industry are willing to help, I just don't know what to ask for! We are located in Louisville, so have access to KY stud farms, KY trainers, and trainers shipping in for big races, so pretty much anything could be possible.

Last year Second Stride retrained and placed 65 thoroughbreds in new homes. This year we are close to 80 so far, but still have more on the waiting list to come in. We are just a small grass roots charity of volunteers, so any help is appreciated to help us reach our goal of making sure every retired TB has a great life after the races.

Thanks for letting me post.

Fingal
12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Sounds like a good deal. And when you meet Brass Hat, be sure to take the wrappers off the peppermints as he won't let a small thing like plastic stop him.:D