PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable!

Tom
11-03-2001, 10:18 AM
Fireman and cops fighting in NYC???
Juliani wants to just dump the rest of the remians of firemen into a landfill?
What the H**l is up with Rudy-got enough personal exposure out of all of this, now screw the firemen????
Rudy says is dangerous and unstable at ground zero.I think Rudy is dangerous and unstable.
Whatever it takes, whatever it costs, those fireman are right and I support whatever they decide to do-whatever and to whoever. Their fallen commrades ran into the burning towers without reguard for their own safety and paid with thier lives. Rudy ran to the TV cameras, the ball games, the concerts.......
And where is the sad-sack "look at me-I care!" Gov. Pataki???? Looks like a lot of lip service, but then what can you expect from this low-life bottom feeder?

Tom

HorseLady
11-03-2001, 12:15 PM
Not to be 'gross' here Tom, but let's think of this logically. The attack happened nearly 2 months ago. It was a big fire. How many bodies are in there? Of the actual bodies that were not cremated by the fires, how many are actually intact? There is a massive invasion of rats in the area. Yes, it's gross to think of it, but the rats are in there eating the bodies.

I would love to give bodies to all those affected by this so that they could have a proper burial and services as well as a closure for the families, but at this point it doesn't look like there is much left.

I don't know the full story of the policemen and firefighters duking it out there, but from the sounds of it, it was a bunch of people who have been under stress that we simply cannot imagine.

I think that Guiliani has done an amazing job here. I can't imagine who will be elected next week and what they will do to turn NY around after this, if they ever can. I'm out on Long Island, so who I'd like to see elected is worthless :)

My hat is off to all those who have been working to try to make NY a better place since Sept 11th. It's not an easy job at all...

Tom
11-03-2001, 01:13 PM
Two more this morning.
As long as it takes, we wait.

Tom

HorseLady
11-03-2001, 01:19 PM
Doesn't it seem though that we should be concerned with the bodies whether they were firefighters, police people, or the janitors on the 85th floor?

I agree, if the bodies are in a condition to be removed and the conditions there are safe, keep retrieving bodies. But if it's not safe for the workers to be there due to air quality, structure safty, etc, then we really have to think of the people who are there first over anything else. We've lost enough lives in this disaster and don't need anymore casualties.

I wouldn't want to be in Guliani's position though to have to make a decision like this.

Dave Schwartz
11-03-2001, 02:59 PM
Is it possible that the attitude of compassion has changed since...

"Tunnel under WTC site yields a fortune in gold"

link to story...

http://web.sunherald.com/content/biloxi/2001/11/01/pageone/it_1101_gold.htm

Tom
11-03-2001, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HorseLady
[B]Doesn't it seem though that we should be concerned with the bodies whether they were firefighters, police people, or the janitors on the 85th floor?

Yes, but it was the Firemen who raced to their deaths tryig to help people and it is the firemen who want to go in there and bring back the bodies no what the danger to themselves. We put men on the moon, why can't we figure out a way to help them?
Sad situation.

And Dave,
I say the hell with the money-that should have been last on the list of things to do. Put some national guardsmen in the area to shot looters (and leave those bodies there forever!). Then get to the real business.

Tom

Dave Schwartz
11-03-2001, 05:28 PM
Tom,

I think you missed my point. I was (essentially) saying that I hope the loss of enthusiasm is not based upon the fact that now we've got the "important stuff."

I just find it interesting that no sooner is the money located than suddenly the whole urgency for digging throught the rubble is gone.

See what I mean?

Dave

HorseLady
11-03-2001, 08:02 PM
I don't think we should be putting one person over another simply because of their job. My friend's husband's body is still not recovered. Does his body mean anything less because he worked for an insurance firm?

We do have to put a limit to when we will stop looking for bodies. The reality is that soon the bodies will not be there, just bones. It's a grotesque thought, but reality soon enough.

It sickens me that people would think to only look for a uniformed body over any other body. Granted I am thankful for the job that the fireman do, especially being a person who was saved from a fire as a youngster (with the scars to prove it), but do we draw that line when every single officer or fireman is found, when every body is found, or when? Very tough choice...

Tom
11-03-2001, 08:09 PM
Dave,
I know what you mean-sorry if it sounded like I didn't.

Horselady - Not saying anone is better than anyone else, but the firemen are a special case-they went in there to save lives and lost theirs and firemen are there trying to find them and bring them home. This group is not better, just different. I personally think we should look for every single body and save who we can, but that is impossible-but we can try.

Tom

JesseV!!!
11-05-2001, 01:42 AM
Bingo Dave. Why does he make it so obvious? Couldn't he wait so it wasn't so suspicious? Are our politicians getting dumber?
JesseV!!!